Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Merry Marketplace > For Sale » For Sale Christmas Throw to Benefit Santa's Sleigh

My Merry Christmas Announcement

For Sale Sell your Christmas stuff here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,089
Threads: 53,926
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,689)
Welcome to our newest member, ajb1946

Old 12-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,557 Times in 5,974 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Christmas Throw to Benefit Santa's Sleigh

---SALE IS CLOSED---
The afghan has a new home.
Thanks for browsing!

Enjoy the warmth and beauty of a handcrafted afghan in your home while helping a deserving family to have a merrier Christmas! The price of this item—$89.00 U.S.—will be donated to Santa’s Sleigh (www.santassleigh.org).

Cozy up under a thick, warm blanket of Christmas trees! This 69-1/2" x 47" afghan is hand-crocheted from worsted-weight, washable acrylic yarn. Keep snug and warm while reading or while watching TV (or Christmas movies!). Drape it across the back of your sofa as a decoration. Or put it on top of your bed for a layer of extra warmth. It also makes a fine gift! Personally handcrafted "by the chimney with care." (Well … not really by the chimney! ) Click on the photo for a larger picture.

Terms of Sale:
The price of this item is $89.00 U.S. plus shipping. Please post below and send me a PM if you want to purchase this item. Please note that this is a one-of-a-kind item, so there is only one for sale---when it’s sold, it’s gone.

This sale will benefit SantasSleigh.org. The buyer will pay $89.00 U.S. for the item plus shipping (see Methods of Payment below) and will provide a shipping address in a PM to me. If you PM me with your shipping address before buying, I will estimate the shipping cost. Shipping weight will be approximately 5.0 lb. I will ship the item as promptly as possible after receiving payment, but please note that I cannot guarantee delivery before Christmas.

The $89.00 price (excluding the shipping cost) will be donated to SantasSleigh.org, so this sale will be final. If you have any questions about the item, payment, or shipping, please send me a PM before purchasing this item.

If this item is not sold by 10:00 p.m. EST December 10, 2012, it will be withdrawn from sale.

Methods of Payment:
PayPal---If you have a PayPal account, you can pay directly via PayPal. I will send the buyer a PM with payment instructions. The payment transaction must take place within 10 business days, or the sale will become void.

Money order---If you do not have a PayPal account, a money order in U.S. dollars is acceptable. I will send the buyer a PM with the address where the money order should be sent. The item will be shipped after payment is received. Payment must be received within 10 business days, or the sale will become void.

After payment is received, I will donate the item’s $89.00 price via PayPal to SantasSleigh.org, which is affiliated with the Merry Network.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Holiday (12-02-2012), HollyJolly (07-13-2013), Seawaters (12-02-2012), sugar142286 (12-05-2012), xmastidings (12-04-2012)

Old 12-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,369 Times in 3,783 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Beautiful!!! You did such a great job!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
MerryCarey (12-03-2012), Seawaters (12-03-2012), xmastidings (12-04-2012)
Old 12-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Wonderful news for Santa's Sleigh!

An anonymous MMC member bought and paid for this afghan, then immediately re-donated it to MMC. So $89 has already gone to Santa's Sleigh, thanks to this generous donor, and the afghan is still available for purchase---meaning that if any of you buy this afghan before the deadline, Santa's Sleigh will receive another $89.

Thank you and Heaven's blessings, Anonymous!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
sugar142286 (12-05-2012), xmastidings (12-04-2012)
Old 12-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

More good news for Santa's Sleigh!

Yet another anonymous MMC member has paid for the afghan and re-donated it to MMC. (This brings a whole new dimension to re-gifting!) Our second buyer/donor rounded up the donation to $100---so Santa's Sleigh has now received $200* from anonymous buyer/donors, and the afghan is still available for sale.

A big thank-you to both anonymous "angels"!

*I added $11 to the original buyer/donor's contribution to make it a round $100.

sugar142286 (12-05-2012), xmastidings (12-05-2012)
Old 12-05-2012, 02:57 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,955 Times in 2,431 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
This is exciting and gratifying. Thank you, Merry Carey, for such a wonderful contribution to this year's effort. It is fun to see it involving so many people.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
MerryCarey (12-05-2012), sugar142286 (12-05-2012), xmastidings (12-05-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,825 Times in 2,184 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Since this event is over, I personally think that things such as this is wonderful idea and also lots of fun. Just like for example, when we did the auction sometime back, I thought it was fun to place a bid and to also keep watch on the most current bids... I would like/ hope to see something like that again in the future (with all kinds of things), and all the proceeds could then help to go to Santa's Sleigh!

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:19 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,483 Times in 1,761 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Is the afghan still for sale???
Old 12-17-2012, 07:19 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
Is the afghan still for sale???
I'm sorry, but no. When the sale closed, one of our donors wished to have it shipped anonymously to a friend. The donor paid for the postage, and the afghan is on its way to its new home.

Maureen (12-17-2012), xmastidings (12-17-2012)
Old 07-13-2013, 12:55 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

HollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry disposition
The throw was terrific and the repeated purchases were also awesome!
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. ---Theodor Seuss Geisel a.k.a. Dr. Seuss
The Following User Says Thank You to HollyJolly For This Useful Post:
judesmama (07-13-2013)