Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Best Christmas Songs

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,099
Threads: 54,011
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,841)
Welcome to our newest member, jkbb0414

Old 10-31-2012, 07:23 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,859 Times in 3,877 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Anne_Langston View Post
I just discovered this last year and love it!! I looked for it on I tunes and had no luck.....maybe this year!
I got my copy at Rhapsody...
snowflake22 (03-15-2014)

Old 10-31-2012, 08:56 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,244 Times in 496 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Believe - Josh Groban

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Andy Williams

Christmas Time is Here - Vince Guaraldi Trio

I Pray on Christmas - Harry Connick, Jr.

Carol of the Bells (but there's like 6 different versions by different people that I like)

Oh and I have to put one more...I couldn't do 5. uugh.

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Barenaked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan
Ryan (11-06-2012), snowflake22 (03-15-2014)
Old 10-31-2012, 09:27 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,530 Times in 1,986 Posts
brent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa envious
I am going with secular:

Matt Wertz - Snow Globe
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - This Time of Year
The Barenaked Ladies - Do They Know It's Christmas (I prefer the version with the Boston Pops, but it is no longer available on youtube)
TobyMac - Christmas This Year
Bruce Springsteen - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

These are not my favourite five, but they all are a healthy part of my collection. Big thanks to Jeff and those at the MMC Podcast for introducing me to both Matt Wertz and TobyMac.

"The bells, the bows and the flashing lights, the mistletoes and the 'Silent Nights. It's all for show, but that's all right. That's not why I love this time of year..."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brent For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2012, 06:35 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

christmasjingles has shown a merry dispositionchristmasjingles has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Anne_Langston View Post
Oh, that's tough! Let's see....
1. Come to the Stable, Emmylou Harris
2. Give Love on Christmas Day, Johnny Gill
3. Chio Rio, Chanticleer
4. The Christmas Song, Nat King Cole
5. Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth, Bing Crosby & David Bowie
6. Gabriel's Message, Sting

yeah, I can't whittle it down to five either....
Is Chio Rio the same thing as Riu Riu Chiu? because I love, love, LOVE that song. and I love Chanticleer. and, by the way, for whoever remembers the Monkees, there is a video of them singing Riu Riu Chiu on youtube, which is excellent.
The Following User Says Thank You to christmasjingles For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-15-2014)
Old 11-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,895 Times in 278 Posts
frostythesnowman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostythesnowman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostythesnowman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostythesnowman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostythesnowman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostythesnowman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostythesnowman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostythesnowman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostythesnowman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostythesnowman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostythesnowman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
http://youtu.be/EvDxSW8mzvU
Old 11-05-2012, 08:22 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,650 Times in 585 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
1. Silver Bells
2. Joy to the World
3. Celebrate Me Home- maybe Kenny Loggins, not sure
4. When a Child is Born-Kenny Rogers
5. Tennessee Christmas-Amy Grant
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whitney37354 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,024 Times in 175 Posts
Anne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elf
Originally Posted by christmasjingles View Post
Is Chio Rio the same thing as Riu Riu Chiu? because I love, love, LOVE that song. and I love Chanticleer. and, by the way, for whoever remembers the Monkees, there is a video of them singing Riu Riu Chiu on youtube, which is excellent.
It is, just me misremembering the title....getting old, I guess.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anne_Langston For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-15-2014)
Old 12-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 75,485 Times in 15,106 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I forgot to post on this thread earlier but here are my 5 in no particular order.

"I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday"-Wizzard
"O Holy Night"--Lou Christie
"What Child Is This"-The Moody Blues
"Frosty the Snowman"-Leon Redbone & Dr. John
"Jingle Bells"-Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters

This is much harder than I thought it was going to be. My favorites fluctuate all the time though. The top 2 and Jingle Bells are consistently in my favorites.