Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,086
Threads: 53,912
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, CharlieTheElf

Old 12-13-2012, 07:25 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,328 Times in 4,653 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Solice View Post
My mother is better. She got a rheumatism diagnosis, and are on medicine.
Thank you for all the prayers.

My FIL needs a miracle... And all the prayers he can get.
Tumor in his brain is just growing...there is nothing more they can do.
He got just hours, days or weeks left to live.
Im praying for a miracle, and hope you pray with me.. Thanx.
I'm glad you mom is doing better.

I'll continue to pray for you father-in-law and your whole family. I hope he gets the miracle he needs!
snowflake22 (12-13-2012), Solice (12-14-2012), sugar142286 (02-10-2014)

Old 12-13-2012, 08:28 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 160,670 Times in 30,594 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint

My prayers are on the way.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2012, 10:17 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 102,782 Times in 18,403 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
light

My mother is better. She got a rheumatism diagnosis, and are on medicine.
Thank you for all the prayers.

Thoughts & prayers going up for your FIL, Solice.
Sending you & your family lots of love & strength~ xo
Old 12-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

sgrover has disabled reputation
Solice, I'm glad your mother is doing better, hope the medications continue to work for her. Prayers also go up for your FIL. Remember, God answers all prayers, but sometimes His answer is "No." And if that is the case for your FIL, he'll be in a much better place, no more suffering, no more pain.

Any word on Guiness the dog? All the others?

Please say a few prayers for some friends of mine too. My husband's friend (Bill) had surgery yesterday for colon cancer. He came out of surgery ok, now just waiting. Pray for his wife too, Tuesday her younger sister (late 30's, early 40's maybe) was at the hospital for blood clots, had a massive heart attack and died. That poor family. Another friend of ours, Scott, was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, I think he's going in for surgery early next week. So keep them all in your prayers.

This has been such a bad year. Our dog died unexpectedly in May, my stepson died in a car accident in August, friend died of brain cancer in September, now 2 more friends diagnosed. I can't wait for 2012 to be over. 2013 had to be better.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sgrover For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2012, 11:46 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
candle

Originally Posted by sgrover View Post
Solice, I'm glad your mother is doing better, hope the medications continue to work for her. Prayers also go up for your FIL. Remember, God answers all prayers, but sometimes His answer is "No." And if that is the case for your FIL, he'll be in a much better place, no more suffering, no more pain.

Any word on Guiness the dog? All the others?

Please say a few prayers for some friends of mine too. My husband's friend (Bill) had surgery yesterday for colon cancer. He came out of surgery ok, now just waiting. Pray for his wife too, Tuesday her younger sister (late 30's, early 40's maybe) was at the hospital for blood clots, had a massive heart attack and died. That poor family. Another friend of ours, Scott, was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, I think he's going in for surgery early next week. So keep them all in your prayers.

This has been such a bad year. Our dog died unexpectedly in May, my stepson died in a car accident in August, friend died of brain cancer in September, now 2 more friends diagnosed. I can't wait for 2012 to be over. 2013 had to be better.
sgrover, thoughts & prayers going up for Bill & his family, as well as your friend Scott & his family.

We are thinking of you & your family, and wishing you a much better 2013. We wish you all peace, health & happiness.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:02 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
My mother-in-law recently had her gall bladder removed, and while doing a quick look around, the doctor found evidence of cancer on her liver. She is scheduled to meet with an oncologist this week.

Nancy is very uspet, but Mrs. Hilda is confident that she can beat it. Still, we could use the prayers.

Thanks all.
momnan30 (02-11-2013), snowflake22 (12-17-2012), sugar142286 (02-10-2014)
Old 12-17-2012, 09:15 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

light

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
My mother-in-law recently had her gall bladder removed, and while doing a quick look around, the doctor found evidence of cancer on her liver. She is scheduled to meet with an oncologist this week.

Nancy is very uspet, but Mrs. Hilda is confident that she can beat it. Still, we could use the prayers.

Thanks all.
Brad, we are keeping Mrs. Hilda, Nancy, you, and your family in our thoughts & prayers.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Brad, we are keeping Mrs. Hilda, Nancy, you, and your family in our thoughts & prayers.
Mrs. Hilda got the results of her recent PET scan today, and the cancer is very contained and treatable. Thank you for the prayers!
made582 (01-09-2013), momnan30 (02-11-2013), snowflake22 (02-04-2013), sugar142286 (02-10-2014)
Old 01-09-2013, 04:20 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 160,670 Times in 30,594 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Mrs. Hilda got the results of her recent PET scan today, and the cancer is very contained and treatable. Thank you for the prayers!

I'll keep praying for her.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (01-17-2013), momnan30 (02-11-2013), snowflake22 (02-04-2013), sugar142286 (02-10-2014)
Old 02-08-2013, 07:15 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

I hope you guys don't mind me keeping this up. I love this prayer request thread.

Please send prayers and good thoughts for my friend, Steve Rogerson. His son is best buds with my son. Steve has always been full of life and energy, wrestling with the boys and playing Xbox with them. He builds guitars as a hobby, and has been planning to start one for me.

He recently found out he has cancer, and is already in a lot of pain. So much, if fact, that he cannot rest, even with strong pain medicine. He went for a PET scan Friday, and they expect results tomorrow or the next day.

Although he and I aren't best of friends or anything, this has hit me like a ton of bricks. Steve's a great guy with a wonderful family. It breaks my heart as a father. I can only imagine how afraid he is, knowing he might not be able to be here for his son as he grows into a man. That would be my greatest fear; not being here to guide my children and watch them grow.

Thanks, my friends.
Sorry to quote myself, but Steve is getting worse by the day. None of the treatments have helped, and he's in even more pain.

Just two months ago, he and his wife stopped by my hospital room after my heart attack to check on me. He looked pretty good then, and I was touched (and a bit ashamed with myself for not having taken better care of myself while my friend is struggling just to stay with his family). But these two months have been hard on him. He's lost so much weight & strength, and all of his hair, and nothing seems to help. I can't help but cry while I type this.

I'd appreciate a few more prayers for my friend, Steve Rogerson, his wife Paula, and their son Mark.

We got word last night that Steve's condition is even worse, and the doctors can't give them any hope. He's either in a great deal of pain, or incoherent from the pain medication. I just can't stand to hear it.

His son is overwhelmed, too, and asked if Jacob and another buddy could get together this weekend to do something fun. He just wants a day to feel normal again, I guess.

I'm still praying for a miracle for my friend, but if that's not to be, please help me pray for some peace before he's taken home. I know it would mean so much to Steve to be able to spend time with his family.

Bless his heart.
snowflake22 (02-08-2013), sugar142286 (02-10-2014)