Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » And down go the Christmas decorations in stores...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,002
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 01-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
And down go the Christmas decorations in stores...

I stopped by Hobby Lobby today. The last time I had been there was in late November (maybe right before Thanksgiving?). At that time, I believe they were actually starting to take down "Fall Decorations", but still had rows and rows of Christmas decorations.

But as of today, Christmas items were down to just a couple of depleted rows with stuff on sale for 80% (and it was being picked over rapidly by customers - probably be gone in a few more days).

Instead, the focus display was now for Valentine's Day items (they had two rows of that stuff). Also, they were still in the middle of setting up "Spring Decorations" (3 rows worth, 2 of which were still halfway through being assembled). And don't get me wrong, those are some pretty items (the Spring and Valentine's Day stuff) but it's not the same as Christmas stuff...I felt like shouting "Put that stuff back on the shelf, you're taking away the Christmas Spirit!!!"

Hobby Lobby's not the worst offender though. I was in Walmart 2 days before Christmas, and the Christmas section was slowly being turned back into the "Lawn and Garden" section! Massive amounts of items were already removed by that point.

Now I'm probably not taking into account that a lot of this Christmas stuff is SOLD (and THAT'S why many shelves are depleted) but I still see the Walmart employees removing Christmas items that didn't sell, and putting out lawnmowers, and I'm like "What are you doing?!?" *sniff*

Ah well. To everything, there is a season...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (01-14-2013), made582 (01-06-2013), Sanity Clause (01-31-2013), snowflake22 (03-15-2014)

Old 01-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

RachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elf
I went to Wal Mart today and bought a 6 1/2 ft prelit for 9.75 and a 7 1/2 ft tree for 25.00 great deals!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to RachRon For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-15-2014)
Old 01-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,859 Times in 3,877 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
Be on the lookout for marshmallow peeps any day now...
made582 (01-06-2013), snowflake22 (03-15-2014)
Old 01-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

ulflip2 has shown a merry disposition
Our Lowes was turning the Christmas area into the Patio and Grill area on the 27th. Our Mall looks like Christmas never happened.

Was at Target yesterday and they still had about three aisles of Christmas stuff but it was going fast. I kept walking around the area till my wife said, "come on it's over".

I hate this time of year, our daughters have either started school again or gone back to college, the joy of Christmas is still there but the thrills and fun are over for another year. But at least we have hoops. Go Illini.
The Following User Says Thank You to ulflip2 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-15-2014)
Old 01-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

Slim has shown a merry dispositionSlim has shown a merry dispositionSlim has shown a merry dispositionSlim has shown a merry disposition
My wife and I were out on Dec. 27 and the wal mart Christmas section was gone. Hobby Lobby had a few things left. And target already had swim suits out. By the way does anyone know what month Hobby Lobby normally sets their Christmas displays up?
The Following User Says Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-15-2014)
Old 01-06-2013, 01:47 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 161,940 Times in 30,836 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
My wife and I were out on Dec. 27 and the wal mart Christmas section was gone. Hobby Lobby had a few things left. And target already had swim suits out. By the way does anyone know what month Hobby Lobby normally sets their Christmas displays up?

It usually starts creeping out in June with the craft stuff and is in full force by the middle of August.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-15-2014), xmas365 (01-06-2013)
Old 01-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 75,472 Times in 15,103 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Not much around here, CVS only seems to have broken, not working stuff. Walmart has a lot of LED lights and trees left. I haven't been to Kmart lately, and Rite Aid had quite a bit of candy. All the good stuff is long gone.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
I know what you mean!!

Home Goods had NOTHING left. You have to Christmas stuff at home goods around Halloween or its gone. I also noticed the last shipment of new stuff was the second week of November. So many people didn't start getting decorations until it was too late. I was glad I bought my Halloween decor in July/August and Christmas in October

Target only had a little left. They started some "get organized 2013" area where Christmas was.

All the lights are just about gone. Sure did go by fast.
The Following User Says Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-15-2014)