Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,468
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Tips for Buying a Fresh...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:57 PM
Last post by trackrebel
03-24-2014 09:13 AM
45,930 Views  1 Posts
stocking Thanksgiving Activities...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:52 PM
63,062 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Questions for...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:08 PM
54,669 Views  0 Posts
Bells Christmas Before Christ
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:38 PM
59,860 Views  0 Posts
The Angel or the Star?
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:45 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-18-2013 01:57 PM
50,093 Views  1 Posts

Old 07-31-2012, 02:56 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,801 Times in 3,193 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by RachRon View Post
Just planted my fall crops of beans,peas and some more summer squash.Fresh garden vegetables in late september doesn't get any better than that.
Awesome! I haven't decided yet if I'm going to plant more sugar peas?!?!

The Following User Says Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-13-2014)
Old 07-31-2012, 03:19 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

RachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elf
I have been asked lately by several people in my town to help them start their own gardens next year and of course I jumped at the chance its what I really enjoy doing. Except after being unemployed for a while now after my company closed its doors and left all the employees up the creek so to speak ,a lightbulb went off in my head maybe I can turn this into a little side business.Turn their gardens over teach them how to plant various vegetables for a little fee who knows.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RachRon For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (01-10-2013), Holiday (08-01-2012), snowflake22 (01-13-2014)
Old 08-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,801 Times in 3,193 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have been asked lately by several people in my town to help them start their own gardens next year and of course I jumped at the chance its what I really enjoy doing. Except after being unemployed for a while now after my company closed its doors and left all the employees up the creek so to speak ,a lightbulb went off in my head maybe I can turn this into a little side business.Turn their gardens over teach them how to plant various vegetables for a little fee who knows.
How cool is that!? Sounds like a good idea - a lot of people would like to have a garden but don't know where to start! Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-13-2014)
Old 08-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Last Achievements

RachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elf
Giant Pumpkin

This is one of my giant pumpkins its only 9 days old it has been at least doubling in size every day.I swear if you watch it long enough you can almost see it growing! Hopefully this will be one gigantic jack o lantern.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg big pumpkin.jpg (54.9 KB, 0 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to RachRon For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-13-2014)
Old 01-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Last Achievements

Now that the new year has started my attention is turning towards my garden for 2013 there's nothing like sitting on the couch thumbing through all the seed catalogs arriving almost daily now.Last years garden was productive but challenging to say the least,more bugs last year than I ever remember in years past.I believe it had a lot to do with how crazy warm last winter was and lack of any snow cover i'm hoping this winter will at least stay cold
I will be trying to grow giant pumpkins again this year as well as tomatoes,cucumbers, peppers , squash and all kinds of other stuff.Is anyone else starting a garden this year ? Come on spring !!!!
Christmasstar (01-10-2013), loksi (04-13-2013), snowflake22 (01-13-2014)
Old 01-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,333 Times in 12,651 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Now that the new year has started my attention is turning towards my garden for 2013 there's nothing like sitting on the couch thumbing through all the seed catalogs arriving almost daily now.Last years garden was productive but challenging to say the least,more bugs last year than I ever remember in years past.I believe it had a lot to do with how crazy warm last winter was and lack of any snow cover i'm hoping this winter will at least stay cold
I will be trying to grow giant pumpkins again this year as well as tomatoes,cucumbers, peppers , squash and all kinds of other stuff.Is anyone else starting a garden this year ? Come on spring !!!!
sounds good! Now you got me thinking about the garden too. The main thing for me is how to keep the neighbours dog out of it if she manages to get it back again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
RachRon (01-10-2013), snowflake22 (01-13-2014)
Old 01-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 11,487 Times in 1,965 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Oh I'll have a garden again! I'm starting to see the seed catalogs start to trickle in as well. It's amazing just how many varieties are out there for the average person to buy, for just about every vegetable, fruit and or tree, known to mankind....

I'm not starting to think about it yet, I'm still in my Christmas/ snow/ winter hibernation mode...

All I need now, is some snow!!!

Pass me another Christmas cookie; lol....

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
RachRon (01-10-2013), snowflake22 (01-13-2014)
Old 02-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

ella13 has shown a merry disposition
we don't have much of a garden to speak, especially not with the dogs but i do have a go at growing my chillis though did scotch bonnets last year and jalapeņos this year
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ella13 For This Useful Post:
loksi (04-13-2013), snowflake22 (01-13-2014)
Old 04-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 11,487 Times in 1,965 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Well here we are ladies and gentleman, we are now nearing the start of the 2013 growing season! I was looking at my garden today thinking; "gotta get the tiller out this weekend"... I will be ready to start planting around the first week of May in this area (after the last chance for a frost/ freeze). I've been throwing rabbit litter, mulch, leaves, the fireplace ashes, and chicken manure in the garden since last fall and I want to work it in a bit before I'm ready to really get the plants in the ground!

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following User Says Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-13-2014)
Old 04-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Last Achievements

My garden is up and running . Just planted my peas on Saturday so of course now I want to plant everything but I have to hold off for a few more weeks at least .
loksi (04-13-2013), snowflake22 (01-13-2014), xmastidings (04-10-2013)