Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,131
Threads: 54,243
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,651)
Welcome to our newest member, SShoebrid

Old 02-18-2013, 08:47 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,886 Times in 4,736 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Steve passed away yesterday afternoon in the care of Hospice. Thank you for all the prayers, and please continue them for peace for his family.

He was a great dad, a loving husband, a super friend and an honored veteran. A life to be proud of.

Matthew 25:21 "His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."

Godspeed, my friend. I'll miss you.
caninemom3 (02-23-2013), momnan30 (02-18-2013), Seawaters (05-07-2013), snowflake22 (02-18-2013), sugar142286 (02-10-2014)

Old 02-18-2013, 08:53 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 108,497 Times in 19,724 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I'm so very sorry for your loss, Brad.
Steve's family is in my thoughts and prayers. May they feel God's love, comfort, and peace.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:28 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,944 Times in 3,825 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Bradmac...Im very very sorry for Your loss!!!!

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-18-2013), caninemom3 (02-23-2013), Seawaters (05-07-2013), snowflake22 (02-18-2013), sugar142286 (02-10-2014)
Old 02-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,021 Times in 940 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Thinking of you at this sad time...so sorry.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to momnan30 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-19-2013), Seawaters (05-07-2013), snowflake22 (02-18-2013), sugar142286 (02-10-2014)
Old 02-23-2013, 02:19 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,501 Times in 9,289 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Brad I just discovered that your friend passed away. I cannot tell you how very sorry I am.

"For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.

In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone."

Praying for the family and for you dear friend xo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-24-2013), Seawaters (05-07-2013), snowflake22 (02-23-2013), sugar142286 (02-10-2014)
Old 02-24-2013, 02:30 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,944 Times in 3,825 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
today I donīt ask for a prayer but just tell You that I will pray for each and every member of this board for a beautiful Sunday that you guys and Your loved ones stay safe and be happy.

Dear Lord,
please put Your arms around each and every member of this board...plus their families and loved ones. May You guide them in their decisions they will make and may You protect them on their ways they will walk. Lord please help each and everyone...including me, to be become a better mother, father, brother, sister, daughter, brother....just a better person than we already are....Help us to strive to be close to perfection and help us to become even more devout christians......Please Lord, hear my prayer

Amen

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-24-2013), caninemom3 (02-24-2013), made582 (02-24-2013), Seawaters (02-27-2013), snowflake22 (02-24-2013), sugar142286 (02-10-2014)
Old 02-24-2013, 05:08 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,886 Times in 4,736 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Beautiful, Tanja, thank you!
caninemom3 (02-24-2013), Seawaters (02-27-2013), snowflake22 (02-24-2013), sugar142286 (02-10-2014), trackrebel (02-24-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 05:13 AM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,501 Times in 9,289 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
today I donīt ask for a prayer but just tell You that I will pray for each and every member of this board for a beautiful Sunday that you guys and Your loved ones stay safe and be happy.

Dear Lord,
please put Your arms around each and every member of this board...plus their families and loved ones. May You guide them in their decisions they will make and may You protect them on their ways they will walk. Lord please help each and everyone...including me, to be become a better mother, father, brother, sister, daughter, brother....just a better person than we already are....Help us to strive to be close to perfection and help us to become even more devout christians......Please Lord, hear my prayer

Amen
Blessings to you, TanJa xoxo Thank you xo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-25-2013), Seawaters (02-27-2013), snowflake22 (02-24-2013), sugar142286 (02-10-2014), trackrebel (02-24-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 05:27 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 108,497 Times in 19,724 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post

Dear Lord,

Amen
Very thoughtful & beautiful, track.
Thank you~
God bless you & yours!! Xo
Old 02-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 39,209 Times in 6,090 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Reposted from a separate thread:

Originally Posted by tbutler View Post
Hello Christmas friends,

First time I've posted something like this but I've seen others do it. I'd appreciate all the support we can get.

This past weekend was horrible for me and my family. We are/were friends with another couple with a history of marital problems and domestic violence. Over the years we've drifted apart, although my wife and I have kept in touch with the other wife via Facebook, texts, e-mails. The husband was not interested in a relationship with us, although he knew that his wife remained friends.

On Sunday, we were at church when I got a call on my cell phone from the wife. When I picked up the call, it was actually the husband on her cell phone. He was screaming at me, acusing me of having a "relationship" with his wife. (I cannot repeat the language here, but I haven't heard so many f bombs ever.) He demanded to know where I was. He told me he was going to find me and kill me. I talked to him for a couple of minutes, trying to get him to calm down. He refused to listen when I told him he was wrong. He finally hung up. A few minutes later, she called me back. She told us that he had made the phone call from our front porch. He had gone to the house to find me, and when I wasn't home, he had made the call. (She had been in the car, watching him talk to me from the porch. I presume that their three children were in the car as well.) Also, he had run off, and she didn't know where he was.

We made a police report and arranged for surveillance of our home. Since it was a Sunday, I couldn't do anything else. We received additional phone calls from the couple telling us that the situation was under control. He had come back to their home after an hour or so. The last call we received, he told me that he was not going to hurt me. He was just "angry" and "blowing off steam." He apologized to my wife. (Not to me.) They had counseling appointments this week, and we were assured that these anger issues would be dealt with in those meetings.

Needless to say, we will never have contact with this family again. We heard no feedback from their counseling, but we are assuming that the situation has been diffused. (Keeping the doors locked and being very careful and watchful, though.) I went to court on Monday and asked for a personal protection order. I was denied because the law requires that there be two incidents of threatening behavior. So, we are starting to relax a little bit, but not much.

Please pray for us. Pray for our safety. We're also dealing with the emotional fall out of all of this. My daughter and I especially. We are having feelings of isolation and loneliness. My daughter is crying a lot and needing to be around people all the time. I feel the same way. Please pray that we can put this situation behind us and move on with our lives.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-27-2013), Seawaters (02-27-2013), snowflake22 (02-27-2013), sugar142286 (02-10-2014)