Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations » Ideas for old Christmas cards?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Decorations Christmas is a hands-on art. From the lights we put on the house to the decorations we put on the tree to the great foods we eat in the process, Christmas is a time of doing -- and this is the place we gather to talk, plan and share.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,227
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,420)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 09-14-2012, 05:31 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

SilentNight490 has shown a merry disposition
Ideas for old Christmas cards?

Last year I did the christmas card exchange and received beautiful cards. I put them all in a box to keep them, but I wish there was something more I could do with them, like a craft. Any ideas?

Old 09-14-2012, 06:33 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Lacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elf
1. You could do a collage and arrange them in a nice frame.

2. Make a flip book for your coffee table.

3. Or tack them around a large ribbon covered foam wreath. Add a pretty bow and it would be a nice display for your favorite cards.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:09 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 39,177 Times in 6,086 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Here are some links that I found on Google:

http://www.essortment.com/10-crafts-...rds-63514.html
http://www.wikihow.com/Put-Old-Greeting-Cards-to-Use
http://www.marthastewart.com/276934/...as-card-crafts

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Solice (09-16-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 10:21 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,065 Times in 613 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Gift 2 Christmas Cards

I save my cards then I cut them and make name tags for gifts the following Christmas. There are so many beautiful cards and some are just perfect for a name tag. I use a paper hole punch and attach with a ribbon to the gift.

I save money and I always have the right size of tag for the present.

Some cards have neat decoration and sayings on the inside so I also use the insides. I also use decorative scissors to cut out the name tag.

Cards and also be used for wall decorations and etc. Just use some stick tack and you have instant wall or window art.

And don't forget those beautiful Christmas gift bags. I frame some of them and decorate my walls. Some can be used for background when decorating a shelf or a village set up.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 39,177 Times in 6,086 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by joyful View Post

And don't forget those beautiful Christmas gift bags. I frame some of them and decorate my walls. Some can be used for background when decorating a shelf or a village set up.
Brilliant idea!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
joyful (09-15-2012)
Old 03-31-2013, 06:45 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

jiminmanjr has shown a merry disposition
Yesterday I was in an antique store... I saw a large frame (about 20x20") that had nine Valentine's cards in it - three rows of three cards. The backing was almost like watermarked paper, with some hearts on it.

I thought it was a neat idea... I have several old Christmas cards that I like, so I may do a similar vintage frame/card arrangement for the coming year.