Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,225
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,350)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 05-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Magpie has shown a merry dispositionMagpie has shown a merry dispositionMagpie has shown a merry disposition
Christmas Tree Weight Loss 2013

Hi all, just wondering if anyone is interested in doing a Christmas in July and/or a Christmas 2013 weight loss challenge. I need to lose some kilos and seem to be more focused when working towards a particular date. I am not going to do anything in particular just cut down on the size of my meals, cut out the junk and reduce alcohol intake. I also am going to keep a food diary as many weight loss 'gurus' suggest this. Is anyone else interested???P.S. The little tag said 'confused' when looking through the pictures...but this is me doing star jumps!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Magpie For This Useful Post:
Holiday (09-19-2013), kizzy (09-18-2013), rodmonster (05-07-2013), snowflake22 (05-08-2013)

Old 05-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,303 Times in 610 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
Needed

Happy to give weight training and exercise advice if anyone needs it... =)
Old 05-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I'm in. I already have dropped 40 - 50 lbs. Since the beginning of the year. I have a goal of 75 lbs total by Sept.

How do you want to do it. Do you want to have Christmas in July as our goal date. As of right now if I average 1.75 lbs a week I will hit my goal on time.

Just let me know how you want to do it.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Last Achievements

Magpie has shown a merry dispositionMagpie has shown a merry dispositionMagpie has shown a merry disposition
Christmas Tree

Originally Posted by Billy Battles View Post
I'm in. I already have dropped 40 - 50 lbs. Since the beginning of the year. I have a goal of 75 lbs total by Sept.

How do you want to do it. Do you want to have Christmas in July as our goal date. As of right now if I average 1.75 lbs a week I will hit my goal on time.

Just let me know how you want to do it.
Thankyou Billy. Congratulations on your weight loss to date. How have you done it? Are you following any particular program? I would like to use Christmas in July as my date to work towards to start with...it is not too far away- it's about 11 weeks. I would really like to be around 10 kilos lighter by then. That's my goal...10 kilos lighter by 25th July. I can do this!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Magpie For This Useful Post:
Holiday (09-19-2013), kizzy (07-11-2013), snowflake22 (05-08-2013)
Old 05-08-2013, 12:53 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
Thankyou Billy. Congratulations on your weight loss to date. How have you done it? Are you following any particular program? I would like to use Christmas in July as my date to work towards to start with...it is not too far away- it's about 11 weeks. I would really like to be around 10 kilos lighter by then. That's my goal...10 kilos lighter by 25th July. I can do this!!
I changed the way I eat. I eat a lot of lean meats and veggies. Stay away from refined sugars. Try to eat organic when I can.

I also work out. I do a program called DDP Yoga. If you are interested their website is https://www.store.ddpyoga.com/. Even if your not I would suggest you check out the video on there front page of Arthur Boorman it is very inspirational.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:22 AM
Last Achievements

I changed the way I eat. I eat a lot of lean meats and veggies. Stay away from refined sugars. Try to eat organic when I can.

I also work out. I do a program called DDP Yoga. If you are interested their website is https://www.store.ddpyoga.com/. Even if your not I would suggest you check out the video on there front page of Arthur Boorman it is very inspirational.
WOW, I checked out the web site. As you say, it is very inspirational. I'm getting to the age where Yoga might be more my style rather than something high impact. I'm not too old...just heading towards 50 in a couple of years! Need to check it out a bit more. Thankyou for the advice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Magpie For This Useful Post:
Holiday (09-19-2013), snowflake22 (05-08-2013)
Old 05-08-2013, 03:11 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

monical has shown a merry disposition
I am a good example of losing weight successfully. Two years ago i was 60 kilogram, and now i was 48 kilogram. In the past two years, i do much exercise every day such as running. I think the main way to lose weight is to run.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monical For This Useful Post:
Holiday (09-19-2013), Magpie (05-08-2013), snowflake22 (05-08-2013)
Old 05-13-2013, 12:16 AM
Last Achievements

Christmas Tree

1.3 kilos down this week. Woo hoo!!
aleighanne (09-17-2013), Holiday (09-19-2013), trackrebel (05-13-2013)
Old 05-13-2013, 01:02 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
1.3 kilos down this week. Woo hoo!!
Way to go! Keep up the good work! Is it just through eating right or are you exercising also?
Old 05-14-2013, 03:26 AM
Last Achievements

Christmas Tree

Way to go! Keep up the good work! Is it just through eating right or are you exercising also?
Thankyou, Billy. I have been keeping a food diary...and have been very honest. I have always walked but during the last week I have done it a bit harder instead of just a stroll which sometimes happens. I am also being careful with my food intake. It's working so far.
aleighanne (09-17-2013), Holiday (09-19-2013), kizzy (07-11-2013)