Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » What's your first sign of Christmas 2013?

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,469
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
star Charlie Brown Heads to...
By Jeff Westover
10-10-2012 10:09 PM
27,747 Views  0 Posts
The Twelve Days of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:06 PM
48,652 Views  0 Posts
Year Round Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:42 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-18-2013 01:47 PM
48,025 Views  3 Posts
Christmas Tree Decorating with Wreaths
By JeanetteDi
10-26-2011 04:05 PM
78,919 Views  0 Posts
Playing Head Games with...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:20 PM
74,607 Views  0 Posts

Old 06-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,021 Times in 174 Posts
Anne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elf
I was listening to a Disney podcast, and during their news section it was reported that Disney World has announced the Christmas Party dates for 2013. So, even though I didn't exactly _see_ it, I'm counting it as the first sign of Christmas this year.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anne_Langston For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (06-20-2013), KWasser (06-20-2013), snowflake22 (06-20-2013), Yuletide Junkie (06-20-2013)
Old 06-20-2013, 07:28 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

jolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elf
Originally Posted by Anne_Langston View Post
I was listening to a Disney podcast, and during their news section it was reported that Disney World has announced the Christmas Party dates for 2013. So, even though I didn't exactly _see_ it, I'm counting it as the first sign of Christmas this year.

I actually have my tickets for Mickey's Christmas Party in hand so I guess that counts as a sign of Christmas. I hadn't thought of it until I read your post.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
Originally Posted by jolly elf View Post
I actually have my tickets for Mickey's Christmas Party in hand so I guess that counts as a sign of Christmas. I hadn't thought of it until I read your post.
Garsh, you do plan ahead! Yup!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 41,436 Times in 6,505 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Not too many signs here yet, but I did notice a date was announced for one of this years Christmas light boat parades here on the island.
Anne_Langston (07-15-2013), Festive Spirit (07-02-2013), judesmama (07-16-2013), snowflake22 (07-01-2013)
Old 07-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
I went into Walmart last night, and saw they were setting up a "Back to School" section, filling it up with all sorts of school supplies. I knew it wouldn't be long after the 4th of July when that would occur!

And yes, I consider that a "Sign" of Christmas coming soon: when school starts, it'll be full speed ahead till Christmas!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (07-23-2013), mike24forever (07-13-2013), snowflake22 (07-13-2013)
Old 07-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,214 Times in 329 Posts
VictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnog
I went to the university campus few days ago and I saw a big advertisement promoting Christmas Ball in 13th and 14th December. It was said that more details to come soon. At first, I thought it was strange because it's only July but later I realized how nice it actually was to see the very first sight of Christmas. :]
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VictoriaLT For This Useful Post:
Anne_Langston (07-15-2013), Festive Spirit (07-23-2013), judesmama (07-13-2013), KWasser (07-15-2013), snowflake22 (07-13-2013), XmasDreams (07-16-2013)
Old 07-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
I don't know where best to put this, but I noticed this oddity and figured I'd share:

McDonalds has started back up it's "Monopoly" Game! Usually that game starts in early to mid October and ends in early to mid November. What the heck is it doing coming out in July?!?

The return of the "Monopoly Game" in the Fall is one of my "signs of Christmas" approaching...it just feels out of place, that's all. Hasn't it been done in the Fall for the last several years? Did it ever come out in the summer previously?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (07-16-2013), XmasDreams (07-16-2013)
Old 07-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,674 Times in 1,298 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by KWasser View Post
I don't know where best to put this, but I notice this oddity and figured I'd share:

McDonalds has started back up it's "Monopoly" Game! Usually that game starts in early to mid October and ends in early to mid November. What the heck is it doing coming out in July?!?

The return of the "Monopoly Game" in the Fall is one of my "signs of Christmas" approaching...it just feels out of place, that's all. Hasn't it been done in the Fall for the last several years? Did it ever come out in the summer previously?

Always thought it came out in August, but i could be wrong.

well here is an edit to what i said.....

This year the McDonald’s Monopoly game will be starting a whopping two months earlier than last year. This year’s game started on July 16th and will run until August 12th. I don’t know why they started the game so early but it likely messed up preparations for so many Monopoly fans. (The last few years, the game started in September)
As we’ve done every year, we go over the rules and regulations to put together this guide to winning the McDonald’s Monopoly game. As is the case every year, it depends mostly on luck but with our guide you can have a better informed gaming experience. As was the case last year, the prize pool is bigger with two Boardwalk pieces, and McDonald’s is more transparent with the odds by publishing the probability you get every piece (even the common ones).
KWasser (07-16-2013), snowflake22 (07-16-2013)
Old 07-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by XmasDreams View Post
Always thought it came out in August, but i could be wrong.

well here is an edit to what i said.....

This year the McDonald’s Monopoly game will be starting a whopping two months earlier than last year. This year’s game started on July 16th and will run until August 12th. I don’t know why they started the game so early but it likely messed up preparations for so many Monopoly fans. (The last few years, the game started in September)
As we’ve done every year, we go over the rules and regulations to put together this guide to winning the McDonald’s Monopoly game. As is the case every year, it depends mostly on luck but with our guide you can have a better informed gaming experience. As was the case last year, the prize pool is bigger with two Boardwalk pieces, and McDonald’s is more transparent with the odds by publishing the probability you get every piece (even the common ones).
What website was that from? And yes, in retrospect, I guess it usually starts in September (late September, I think), I guess I'm just use to playing the game throughout the whole month of October...I really think it ended in early November last year...and maybe in late October the year before that. So c'mon, let's face it, it's supposed to be a Fall activity!

And yes, it did take me by surprise, and I'm not prepared...I don't even have my fall decorations out yet!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (07-16-2013), XmasDreams (07-16-2013)
Old 07-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,674 Times in 1,298 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
Not near a CPU I just Google it and that came from one of the links.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2