Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,091
Threads: 53,933
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,862)
Welcome to our newest member, JSpringth

Old 08-14-2013, 01:35 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,596 Times in 5,981 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Mini Pumpkin Pies

These are baked in a muffin tin to create single-serving-size pies. (Caveat: I haven't tried the recipe myself, but it sounded good enough to pass along!)

Ingredients:
  • Pumpkin pie filling (enough for a 9-inch pie—canned, or prepared in advance)
  • Two pre-made 9-inch circles of pie dough
  • Round cookie cutter 4 inches in diameter (or use a bowl, a jar, etc. about the same size)

Cut twelve 4-inch circles from the pie dough.

Grease the cups of a 12-cup muffin tin. Place each circle of dough into a cup. Press the circle in to form a cup shape. Prick or score the bottom of each dough cup with a fork.

Pour filling into each cup to level with the top.

Bake at 425F for 15 minutes; then turn the heat down to 350F and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes.

Remove muffin tin from oven and cool on a wire rack for a couple of hours to allow the filling to set.

Serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top of each pie.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!

Last edited by MerryCarey; 08-14-2013 at 01:40 PM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
BoxerMom (08-15-2013), ChristmasSpirit76 (08-21-2013), Christmasstar (08-15-2013), Festive Spirit (08-15-2013), Gingerbread Latte (10-10-2013), Minta (08-15-2013), mommyby3 (08-16-2013), Ryan (11-21-2013), snowflake22 (08-14-2013), xmastidings (08-14-2013)

Old 08-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,843 Times in 2,188 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Oh yea, I'm saving this one. Hubby version

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
MerryCarey (08-15-2013), snowflake22 (08-14-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 03:16 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
I bet these are delicious!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
MerryCarey (08-15-2013), snowflake22 (06-04-2014)
Old 08-15-2013, 05:48 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,527 Times in 13,321 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
These are baked in a muffin tin to create single-serving-size pies. (Caveat: I haven't tried the recipe myself, but it sounded good enough to pass along!)

Ingredients:
  • Pumpkin pie filling (enough for a 9-inch pieŚcanned, or prepared in advance)
  • Two pre-made 9-inch circles of pie dough
  • Round cookie cutter 4 inches in diameter (or use a bowl, a jar, etc. about the same size)

Cut twelve 4-inch circles from the pie dough.

Grease the cups of a 12-cup muffin tin. Place each circle of dough into a cup. Press the circle in to form a cup shape. Prick or score the bottom of each dough cup with a fork.

Pour filling into each cup to level with the top.

Bake at 425F for 15 minutes; then turn the heat down to 350F and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes.

Remove muffin tin from oven and cool on a wire rack for a couple of hours to allow the filling to set.

Serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top of each pie.
I like this idea, it is like tarts. It owuld be great for a potluck, much easier to serve. Thanks for passing it along.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:06 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

BoxerMom has shown a merry dispositionBoxerMom has shown a merry dispositionBoxerMom has shown a merry dispositionBoxerMom has shown a merry dispositionBoxerMom has shown a merry disposition
Thanks for posting!! I may make these for Thanksgiving...they look delicious!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BoxerMom For This Useful Post:
MerryCarey (08-15-2013), snowflake22 (06-04-2014)