Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Retro » 50s to 80s - Clothes you wore!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,131
Threads: 54,236
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,523)
Welcome to our newest member, hewlieje

Old 07-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

Ddeby has shown a merry disposition
Age 7 - 1974: Lots of "Jan Brady" plaid pants, bell bottoms, gold and brown tops.

Age 14 - 1981: Were acid washed jeans in yet in '81? If so I was wearing them!

Age 21 - 1990: Big hair leftover from the 1980s, tight ankle tapered jeans, flat white gogo boots, and enormous earrings that you could wear as a bracelet if you wanted.
Good times.....good times!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ddeby For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (08-15-2013)

Old 08-14-2013, 09:01 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,821 Times in 3,033 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Age 7-1987...I was wearing traditional 80s stuff. That would be around the time I got my favorite t-shirt (probably 1988 or even '89, though) that said Nintendo on it and had the Mario characters around the logo. I have a vivid memory of riding my bike one nice fall evening as the sun set, thinking, "It's Friday night, I'm on my bike, I have my favorite t-shirt on, we're having pizza for dinner, and Full House is coming on. Life just doesn't get better!"

Age 14-1994...Don't remember oddly enough but I know pictures exist to remind me.

Age 21-2001...Very close to what I wear now at age 33...polo shirts, jeans, khaki shorts, etc. I always prefer short-sleeve shirts as I'm very hot natured.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (08-15-2013)
Old 08-14-2013, 09:23 AM
is waiting for Fall
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,853 Times in 1,105 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
Oh my golly! I have two words for you....
PRAIRIE DRESS!

My sister and I wore the heck out of prairie dresses. And smock tops too; those blousy, wide bottomed tops that had the little pocket right in the front. And I remember having one of those one piece pant suits with the really baggy legs. We were too young for miniskirts, but my Mom let us have a 'short' (knee length) skirt. We thought we were very daring. We had some tie-died things too...that was all the rage when I was a kid. Wow, those were good times!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (08-15-2013), Ryan (08-15-2013), Yuletide Junkie (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 10:17 AM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,303 Times in 610 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
i LOVE these

All these comments are WONDERFUL! Such Great Memories!