Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,131
Threads: 54,236
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,523)
Welcome to our newest member, hewlieje

Old 08-30-2013, 11:25 AM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
Should be some new TCM DVDs coming soon
XmasDreams (08-30-2013)

Old 08-30-2013, 11:35 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,821 Times in 3,033 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by dvdelf View Post
Any word on which ones? I know a Randolph Scott collection is coming from TCM, featuring a film I've been wanting for years. I think it's due out in December.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (08-30-2013)
Old 08-30-2013, 11:36 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
For anyone who is going to be, or can be, in the New York City area on September 29 or 30, the Film Forum is having a great show of formerly lost films:

--A two-reel short in two-strip Technicolor featuring the Three Stooges, "Hello Pop!" (1933)
--"Gobs of Fun" (1933), a Vitaphone short with a previously unknown appearance by Shemp Howard
--A long-unseen Robert Benchley short, "Your Technocracy and Mine" (1933)---Universal struck a new 35mm print for this show!
--"Sharps and Flats," a nutty-funny Vitaphone short with Jimmy Conlin and Myrtle Glass---I've seen this one on video, and it's crazy!
--Rare fragments of early Technicolor, courtesy of the George Eastman House

A friend of ours tipped us off to this show, and it sounds great. There's a chance we might be able to go, but I'm not sure yet.
Thanks for the heads up. I wish I could be there and I hope you and Mr. get to go!
XmasDreams (08-30-2013)
Old 08-30-2013, 03:02 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 39,196 Times in 6,088 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Ooh! Please keep us posted!

Kino is releasing a newly remastered DVD and Blu-ray of "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" in October. The preview/sample looks very good, better than other transfers I've seen! Considering the budget and the actors they had to work with, it's really not such a bad movie.

Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I wish I could be there and I hope you and Mr. get to go!
We're looking into the cost of getting there and back from Boston ... it's awfully expensive by either train or plane, so we may pass on it. Sounds like a really, really good show, though!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Ryan (08-30-2013)
Old 08-30-2013, 06:07 PM

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
October 15, there's a listing for a Ronald Reagan set, Gary Cooper, & Barbara Stanwyck. Also on the first is a Val Lewton set. Odd that set is coming out by itself.
Ryan (08-30-2013)
Old 09-03-2013, 09:06 PM

Last Achievements

TCM is running a documentary called the Story of film: an odyssey
Looks interesting
Ryan (10-06-2013)
Old 09-04-2013, 07:38 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
TCM is running a documentary called the Story of film: an odyssey
Looks interesting
That does sound interesting ... if it is less pretentious than its title!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Ryan (09-09-2013), XmasDreams (09-04-2013)
Old 10-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Couldn't resist mentioning: Today is Buster Keaton's birthday.

I owe him a lot. The pluck and persistence of Johnny Grey in "The General" helped me to get through chemotherapy many years ago. "Choo-choo" became shorthand among my friends for "Hang in there."

The Following User Says Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Ryan (10-06-2013)
Old 10-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

Clark has shown a merry disposition
I love the photo on your page! Would love to be there some snowy day!
The Following User Says Thank You to Clark For This Useful Post:
Ryan (10-06-2013)
Old 10-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Couldn't resist mentioning: Today is Buster Keaton's birthday.

I owe him a lot. The pluck and persistence of Johnny Grey in "The General" helped me to get through chemotherapy many years ago. "Choo-choo" became shorthand among my friends for "Hang in there."
I am ashamed to say I have not seen the General. I need to!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
MerryCarey (10-06-2013)