Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » 2013 Christmas/Radio Holiday Programming & Schedules

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,436
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Questions from a First...
By MMc Editor
06-11-2002 05:00 PM
59,962 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in Italy
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:22 PM
46,087 Views  0 Posts
He was there!
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:34 PM
46,707 Views  0 Posts
Presentblue Black Friday 2012: The...
By Jeff Westover
11-23-2012 05:13 PM
48,599 Views  0 Posts
Kings of Extravagance
By MMC Editor
06-29-2002 08:08 PM
39,837 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-13-2013, 10:15 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 70,052 Times in 13,920 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by KWasser View Post
Music Choice (available on most cable packages) is usually a great place to catch Christmas music each year with their "Sounds of the Season" channel, but I'm getting concerned: They recently took down their schedule for the rest of the year, for that channel.

I know we were all disappointed when they didn't air music for "Christmas in July", but could it be that they are cancelling that channel? Will "Music Choice" not give us a choice for Christmas music this year?
I don't think it is anything to be concerned about, it looks like they just redesigned the whole website and probably decided not to post the schedule anymore. I would think that the Christmas music is probably one of their biggest draws in December, and I can't see them getting rid of that.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:56 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
"Christmas Across the Lands" for 2013!

Fourteen years and counting for Randy Sherwyn's "Christmas Across the Lands!"

As usual, we could have started this annual thread way sooner based on Randy's FaceBook page updates! CAY is certainly a year round endeavor! Judging from the relatively low price for stations to carry the program, it must be a passion for Randy as well!

A demo of the 2013 show will be available in October according to the page. I've noticed that WCSF repeats CAL a few times during their annual "Spirit of Christmas" broadcast. So, there's no reason to miss this one!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
made582 (08-14-2013), mike24forever (09-16-2013)
Old 08-14-2013, 12:25 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

"The 100 Greatest Christmas Hits of All Time" with Wink Martindale 2013

According to this press release from Envision Radio Networks, Wink Martindale will be back with "The 100 Greatest Christmas Hits of All Time" for 2013.

I'm not certain if this show updates like Randy Sherwyn's "Christmas Across the Lands". I suspect not as the syndication distribution company seems to have changed from last year, thus possibly targeting different stations to air "The 100 Greatest Christmas Hits of All Time" (...a mystery to be solved?).

Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
Commercial broadcast radio stations have an option for "The 100 Greatest Christmas Hits of All Time with Wink Martindale" from Radio Express (the same folks that bring you Rick Dees every week)...

From the webpage:

The 100 Greatest Christmas Hits of All Time with Wink Martindale is a 10-hour radio countdown of the 100 best-loved Christmas songs, with insightful stories behind the songs and interviews with the stars, plus bonus tracks and special features.

What are the all-time favorite hits of Christmas? What inspired them, who made them famous and why has hearing them every year become a popular tradition? This 10-hour special counts down all of your favorite Christmas hits from Number 100 to Number 1, based on Billboard charts and radio airplay over the last decade. Every Christmas evergreen is here, from the past and present, upbeat or sentimental. It's a portrait in sound of your favorite music, magic and memories. The stories you'll hear are funny, moving or outrageous, but all are unforgettable.
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (08-17-2013)
Old 08-14-2013, 04:06 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Christmas with the many religious connotations must be giving music programmers attempting to be politically correct fits! Over the past twenty years or more the majority of the associated popular sacred tunes have been removed from play lists. Still, programmers struggle with alienation of a large demographic group by playing or not playing Christmas music. That's also why most opt for the term "Holiday/Holidays" rather than "Christmas." All other holidays still have an associated name.

I don't think Music Choice will dump Christmas altogether. Though the schedule is no longer posted, "Sounds of the Seasons" is still listed as a station under the "channels" tab located at the top right of the MC homepage.

However, the description reflects "The Pulse" and does mention Halloween while omitting Christmas! Hmmmm.

From the web page tab:

MC Sounds of The Seasons

The Pulse: Space out to the chilled-out vibes of some of the elite electronic musicians of today. #MCPulseCelebrate Halloween with this spook-tacular soundtrack. #MCSOTS

Artists include Zero 7, DJ Shadow, Thievery Corporation and Massive Attack.

Music Choice (available on most cable packages) is usually a great place to catch Christmas music each year with their "Sounds of the Season" channel, but I'm getting concerned: They recently took down their schedule for the rest of the year, for that channel.

I know we were all disappointed when they didn't air music for "Christmas in July", but could it be that they are cancelling that channel? Will "Music Choice" not give us a choice for Christmas music this year?
Originally Posted by Yuletide Junkie View Post
It is a little early to bemoan Christmas music's possible absence from the Music Choice roster. They have run two channels in the past. Lets take a wait and see stance, and see what happens in 80+ days.
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
I don't think it is anything to be concerned about, it looks like they just redesigned the whole website and probably decided not to post the schedule anymore. I would think that the Christmas music is probably one of their biggest draws in December, and I can't see them getting rid of that.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:23 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,200 Times in 26,527 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint

Originally Posted by Yuletide Junkie View Post
It is a little early to bemoan Christmas music's possible absence from the Music Choice roster. They have run two channels in the past. Lets take a wait and see stance, and see what happens in 80+ days.
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Christmas with the many religious connotations must be giving music programmers attempting to be politically correct fits! Over the past twenty years or more the majority of the associated popular sacred tunes have been removed from play lists. Still, programmers struggle with alienation of a large demographic group by playing or not playing Christmas music. That's also why most opt for the term "Holiday/Holidays" rather than "Christmas." All other holidays still have an associated name.

I don't think Music Choice will dump Christmas altogether. Though the schedule is no longer posted, "Sounds of the Seasons" is still listed as a station under the "channels" tab located at the top right of the MC homepage.

However, the description reflects "The Pulse" and does mention Halloween while omitting Christmas! Hmmmm.

From the web page tab:

MC Sounds of The Seasons

The Pulse: Space out to the chilled-out vibes of some of the elite electronic musicians of today. #MCPulseCelebrate Halloween with this spook-tacular soundtrack. #MCSOTS

Artists include Zero 7, DJ Shadow, Thievery Corporation and Massive Attack.

Yeah, I would credit it more to the fact that a lot of us complained on their facebook page about having the schedule showing Christmas in July and then not doing it. So they probably are just saving themselves a headache in case they decide to change the schedule around again. I don't see them getting rid of Christmas all together.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:34 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

One Hundred Thousand Watts - A Look Back

Thanks to Archive.com's Wayback Machine, we have nine glimpses going back to 2009 of 100,000 Watts Annual Christmas List.

This year might be a challenge in finding all stations switching to all Christmas music.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:36 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

K265CA 100.9 - Albuquerque, New Mexico USA

Could it be?!

K265CA 100.9 - Albuquerque, New Mexico

and

KTEG 104.1 HD2 - Santa Fe, New Mexico

are re-branded as "Santa 100.9"

Source - Radio InSight

There wasn't an online listen link that I could find for K265CA nor the HD side of KTEG. Apparently 104.1 FM is still Alternative Rock.

Last edited by RadioJonD; 10-06-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:54 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

DAR.fm Christmas Club Year One!!!

Announcing DAR.fm for the Christmas Music Aficionados that hang out here in the yearly Christmas Radio Programming & Schedule thread!!!

We are set up for a Pro Account that will allow for scheduling of five shows with 50 gigabytes of storage that will hold around 500 hours worth. Five scheduled programs may not sound like enough but hitting the record button while a show is playing does not count as scheduled. My personal DAR.fm 50 gig account has hundreds of hours of Christmas shows from 2011 & 2012 so I don't think we'll run out of room.

Although this is a purchased one year account, no one is monetarily obligated in order to participate. If you do feel inclined to help out with a contribution, I refer you instead to Santa's Sleigh. At the time of this post and for a limited time, contributing to Santa's Sleigh will will also bump MMC members to a Platinum Status! There are three different Platinum levels so do check that out!

The reason for this early sign up is to get familiar with the workings of DAR.fm. Several folks here also like Halloween music that will undoubtedly provide a test drive next month!

I urge all to create at least a basic (free) DAR.fm. A free account allows one schedule with two (I think) gig storage.

Once logged in, recorded shows may be streamed or downloaded via the player tab. MP3 recordings are made in fifteen minute increments to prevent download time-outs that sometime occur with long/large files.

Get acclimated to DAR.fm by visiting the FAQ page. If you have any further questions, ask here or shoot me a PM. Together we'll settle our caps for a long recording season!

Contact me for the log in details via PM here or via email. I hope to have a recording from Kringle Radio ready soon to get us started.

(I decided to post the DAR.fm Christmas Club details here instead of creating a new thread. I'm confidant that all interested are here and I honestly don't know how DAR.fm will react to several log ins to one account.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
made582 (10-02-2013), Storeytime (10-08-2013)
Old 09-15-2013, 08:19 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
I haven't really been able to focus on radio stations the last 3 weeks or so...I've searched local and regional (statewide and beyond) radio stations that I'm familiar with and haven't seen any advertisements for "Christmas" related music...till today:

94.1 KFKF is advertisting for Trans Siberian Orchestra coming to town! And yes, I find that in September is when radio stations start advertising for Christmas concerts (Trans Siberian Orchestra included), so this is the first advertisement for Christmas music (to me anyway)!

Could it be?!

K265CA 100.9 - Albuquerque, New Mexico

and

KTEG 104.1 HD2 - Santa Fe, New Mexico

are re-branded as "Santa 100.9"

Source - Radio InSight

There wasn't an online listen link that I could find for K265CA nor the HD side of KTEG. Apparently 104.1 FM is still Alternative Rock.

I clicked on the link and clicked on the "listen to music" button - and it said it wasn't working...false advertising?!?
The Following User Says Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (09-15-2013)
Old 09-15-2013, 05:00 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Three Hours of Kringle Radio @ DAR.fm

To get things started, there are three hours worth of Kringle Radio in the DAR.fm player. First is my CiJ show from this year followed by Merry Podcast #29. The remaining time, about an hour, is a few songs in rotation at K-Rad.

I spot checked the files and heard music so this should provide some experience for logging in and downloading. Contact me for entry credentials.

(DAR.fm records net stations as well as terrestrial stations with an online feed.)

Announcing DAR.fm for the Christmas Music Aficionados that hang out here in the yearly Christmas Radio Programming & Schedule thread!!!

We are set up for a Pro Account that will allow for scheduling of five shows with 50 gigabytes of storage that will hold around 500 hours worth. Five scheduled programs may not sound like enough but hitting the record button while a show is playing does not count as scheduled. My personal DAR.fm 50 gig account has hundreds of hours of Christmas shows from 2011 & 2012 so I don't think we'll run out of room.

Although this is a purchased one year account, no one is monetarily obligated in order to participate. If you do feel inclined to help out with a contribution, I refer you instead to Santa's Sleigh. At the time of this post and for a limited time, contributing to Santa's Sleigh will will also bump MMC members to a Platinum Status! There are three different Platinum levels so do check that out!

The reason for this early sign up is to get familiar with the workings of DAR.fm. Several folks here also like Halloween music that will undoubtedly provide a test drive next month!

I urge all to create at least a basic (free) DAR.fm. A free account allows one schedule with two (I think) gig storage.

Once logged in, recorded shows may be streamed or downloaded via the player tab. MP3 recordings are made in fifteen minute increments to prevent download time-outs that sometime occur with long/large files.

Get acclimated to DAR.fm by visiting the FAQ page. If you have any further questions, ask here or shoot me a PM. Together we'll settle our caps for a long recording season!

Contact me for the log in details via PM here or via email. I hope to have a recording from Kringle Radio ready soon to get us started.

(I decided to post the DAR.fm Christmas Club details here instead of creating a new thread. I'm confidant that all interested are here and I honestly don't know how DAR.fm will react to several log ins to one account.)