Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Teen Talk » Crushing a crush in its tracks...

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
santahat The Legendary Christmas...
By Jeff Westover
09-26-2012 12:27 PM
62,914 Views  0 Posts
The Year the Reindeer...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:17 PM
64,052 Views  0 Posts
The True Story of Silent...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:58 PM
54,878 Views  0 Posts
santahat Santa Speaks 2013
By MMC Editor
10-03-2013 11:07 AM
14,250 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2010
By MMC Editor
06-11-2010 11:17 PM
58,203 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Spyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elf
Snowman2 Crushing a crush in its tracks...

(I'm not a teenager, I'm 22-years-old, but I wasn't sure where to put this)

Anyway, I think I feel a crush coming on for a classmate of mine. I hardly have crushes (its been a few years since my last one), which I consider a good thing because they're distracting. Also, every time I've had a crush it's ended badly. I'm horrible with guys. I have to admit that not having a crush actually makes my life easier and less painful. Any tips on how to crush a new crush before it even gains ground?
"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11 KJV

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spyells For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (09-18-2013), XmasDreams (09-18-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 05:02 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 69,942 Times in 13,905 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
It is a natural feeling, I don't know if there is a way you can "crush" it. Just let nature take its course, it is kind of awkward trying to avoid the person, just be friends with no expectations. I know that's easier said than done.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Spyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elf
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
It is a natural feeling, I don't know if there is a way you can "crush" it. Just let nature take its course, it is kind of awkward trying to avoid the person, just be friends with no expectations. I know that's easier said than done.
Ok, I'll try. And, I can understand what you mean by avoiding them. I tried that on a high school crush and it was awful. The last crush I had in freshmen year of college was bad too. I just hated him after he treated me funny for telling him I liked him. Crushes really suck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11 KJV

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spyells For This Useful Post:
made582 (09-17-2013), snowflake22 (09-17-2013), xmas365 (09-17-2013), XmasDreams (09-18-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 07:09 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 143,859 Times in 26,478 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post

I'm with Xmas here. There is really no way to crush it. It's just a matter of time and if you know that it's a situation that is never meant to be, searching for something or someone else to keep your mind occupied.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (09-18-2013), Spyells (09-17-2013), XmasDreams (09-18-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 08:02 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
I'm with Xmas here. There is really no way to crush it. It's just a matter of time and if you know that it's a situation that is never meant to be, searching for something or someone else to keep your mind occupied.
Ok.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spyells For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (09-18-2013), XmasDreams (09-18-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 04:01 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,973 Times in 1,269 Posts
Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
After reading your dilema I immediatley thought of the quote from the movie Sixteen Candles when her dad tells her........

''That's why they call them crushes. If they were easy, they'd call them something else. ''

No one can predict how things are going to go when it comes to love and relationships. You have had a bad experience before and you are scared, this is normal. But taking chances is part of life.

I guess it depends on how deep your crush is. Some times we develop crushes for people when we hardly know them becasue we get to make them into who we want them to be in our heads. Often you might find after getting to know that person that the crush soon disolves. Maybe you can get to know him better. By doing so hopefully you can pick up any signs that he might feel the same way or you might find you don't like in that way afterall.

I remember how consuming and bittersweet crushes can be.

When I was 17 and I had my heart broken, I was devastated . My older brother gave me some advice that stayed with me ever since. He reminded me of when we were little and how we would plant seeds and wait for them to grow into flowers. Some grew while some never did but it never stopped us planting them every year. He told me never to be afraid of ''planting'' my love or friendship for people because like our flowers some will bloom while others will not.........but it sure is worth it when they do.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
BoxerMom (09-18-2013), made582 (09-18-2013), snowflake22 (09-18-2013), Spyells (09-18-2013), XmasDreams (09-18-2013)