Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » 2013 Christmas/Radio Holiday Programming & Schedules

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,232
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,433)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 09-15-2013, 05:18 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,271 Times in 2,303 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by KWasser View Post

I clicked on the link and clicked on the "listen to music" button - and it said it wasn't working...false advertising?!?
Streaming does cost money so I guess the HD channel isn't online. The FM side of the house may go all Christmas closer to the season.
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (10-07-2013)

Old 09-15-2013, 05:29 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Public Radio Stations

Originally Posted by KWasser View Post
I haven't really been able to focus on radio stations the last 3 weeks or so...I've searched local and regional (statewide and beyond) radio stations that I'm familiar with and haven't seen any advertisements for "Christmas" related music...till today:...
The time is here to start checking for public radio station special Christmas (most wimp out and say Holiday) programming.

Though not all public radio stations are affiliated with NPR (the best stations aren't, imho!), a good place to find a station if you don't already have a favorite is here.

As always, I'm most interested in locally produced music shows that include Christmas music in season. WWOZ in New Orleans, LA was a favorite for me last year. I'm sure it will remain so this time around. Just about every locally produced show featured Christmas music that one probably wouldn't hear anywhere else! I don't think WWOZ is affiliated with NPR.
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (09-16-2013)
Old 09-15-2013, 05:53 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

American Public Media

Though this page is generic, it is a safe bet that these American Public Media shows will air on many public radio stations. Click individual show links often in the coming weeks for 2013 programming.

A Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols
Hosted by Michael Barone, this is a live broadcast from the chapel of King's College in Cambridge, England. The 30-voice King's College Choir performs the legendary Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols.

Chanticleer A Chanticleer Christmas
A Chanticleer Christmas is American Public Media's one-hour celebration of the season as told through the glorious voices of Chanticleer, the 12-voice San Francisco-based men's choir.

VocalEssence Welcome Christmas!
This year's program focuses on old French carols, alongside two world premieres in the annual VocalEssence/American Composers Forum Christmas carol contest.

Dale Warland Echoes of Christmas
The Dale Warland Singers' signature holiday concert -- beloved by public radio listeners nationwide -- was the annual Echoes of Christmas program. Brian Newhouse hosts.

St. Olaf Christmas: Mass Choirs and Orchestra St. Olaf Christmas Festival
One of the nation's most cherished holiday celebrations, the festival includes hymns, carols, choral works, and orchestral selections celebrating the Nativity and featuring more than 500 student musicians.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
Meceka (09-16-2013), XmasDreams (09-16-2013)
Old 09-21-2013, 01:04 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

To: [email protected]
Received-On: 09/15/13 12:12 AM
Subject: Update on your DAR.fm recordings

DAR.fm has finished your scheduled recordings.

Listen now! Go to your DAR.fm player

If you're new to DAR.fm and want to see how it works please watch this video.

Your Recordings:

Show Title Call Sign Start Time Status

Mistletoe Mix July 2013 Kringle Radio 09/14 8:38 PM Completed

Listen everywhere:

Listen on any PC at www.dar.fm and on net radios, Roku and more
Download MP3 files to a PC
Download to iPhone, iTouch, Android, iPad
This email from DAR.fm was sent to [email protected]
__________________________________________________ ______

To: [email protected]
Received-On: 09/18/13 2:05 PM
Subject: Update on your DAR.fm recordings

DAR.fm has finished your scheduled recordings.

Listen now! Go to your DAR.fm player

If you're new to DAR.fm and want to see how it works please watch this video.

Your Recordings:

Show Title Call Sign Start Time Status

Mistletoe Mix October 2013 Kringle Radio 09/18 10:58 AM Completed

Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
Announcing DAR.fm for the Christmas Music Aficionados that hang out here in the yearly Christmas Radio Programming & Schedule thread!!!

We are set up for a Pro Account that will allow for scheduling of five shows with 50 gigabytes of storage that will hold around 500 hours worth. Five scheduled programs may not sound like enough but hitting the record button while a show is playing does not count as scheduled. My personal DAR.fm 50 gig account has hundreds of hours of Christmas shows from 2011 & 2012 so I don't think we'll run out of room.

Although this is a purchased one year account, no one is monetarily obligated in order to participate. If you do feel inclined to help out with a contribution, I refer you instead to Santa's Sleigh. At the time of this post and for a limited time, contributing to Santa's Sleigh will will also bump MMC members to a Platinum Status! There are three different Platinum levels so do check that out!

The reason for this early sign up is to get familiar with the workings of DAR.fm. Several folks here also like Halloween music that will undoubtedly provide a test drive next month!

I urge all to create at least a basic (free) DAR.fm. A free account allows one schedule with two (I think) gig storage.

Once logged in, recorded shows may be streamed or downloaded via the player tab. MP3 recordings are made in fifteen minute increments to prevent download time-outs that sometime occur with long/large files.

Get acclimated to DAR.fm by visiting the DAR FAQ page. If you have any further questions, ask here or shoot me a PM. Together we'll settle our caps for a long recording season!

Contact me for the log in details via PM here or via email. I hope to have a recording from Kringle Radio ready soon to get us started.

(I decided to post the DAR.fm Christmas Club details here instead of creating a new thread. I'm confidant that all interested are here and I honestly don't know how DAR.fm will react to several log ins to one account.)
To get things started, there are three hours worth of Kringle Radio in the DAR.fm player. First is my CiJ show from this year followed by Merry Podcast #29. The remaining time, about an hour, is a few songs in rotation at K-Rad.

I spot checked the files and heard music so this should provide some experience for logging in and downloading. Contact me for entry credentials.

(DAR.fm records net stations as well as terrestrial stations with an online feed.)
made582 (10-02-2013), XmasDreams (10-07-2013)
Old 09-21-2013, 02:41 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Sirius/XM

Sirius/XM keeps this page up all year. If I remember correctly (that's iffy!) from last year, that link will be good for the current year Holiday (can't say "Christmas", too offensive!) schedule when finalized and posted.
made582 (10-02-2013), XmasDreams (10-07-2013)
Old 10-06-2013, 06:51 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

WNDR, 103.9 - Mexico/Oswego, New York & W237AY, 95.3 - DeWitt/Syracuse, New York USA

Introducing...

Source 1

Source 2

The second Christmas stations (two frequencies, same signal) of 2013 after Santa 100.9 in Albuquerque, New Mexico takes us to Syracuse, New York!

After some frequency and call sign shuffling, WNDR, 103.9 - Mexico/Oswego, New York & W237AY (translator), 95.3 - DeWitt/Syracuse, New York have debuted as Holly-FM.

No online listen link was found at the station page. WNDR has a presence at TuneIn but no active signal. (This is quite possibly because of the call sign being moved as explained in the source link.)

Radio Insight also promises to debut their Christmas format watch list soon! Bookmark and stay tuned!
Attached Images
File Type: png hollyfm.png (15.9 KB, 0 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
KWasser (10-06-2013), Storeytime (10-08-2013), xmas365 (10-06-2013), XmasDreams (10-07-2013)
Old 10-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
Introducing...

Source 1

Source 2

The second Christmas stations (two frequencies, same signal) of 2013 after Santa 100.9 in Albuquerque, New Mexico takes us to Syracuse, New York!

After some frequency and call sign shuffling, WNDR, 103.9 - Mexico/Oswego, New York & W237AY (translator), 95.3 - DeWitt/Syracuse, New York have debuted as Holly-FM.

No online listen link was found at the station page. WNDR has a presence at TuneIn but no active signal. (This is quite possibly because of the call sign being moved as explained in the source link.)

Radio Insight also promises to debut their Christmas format watch list soon! Bookmark and stay tuned!

No online listen link?!? I cry foul...

I couldn't find either station on DAR.fm either...this is just inexcusable!!
The Following User Says Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (10-07-2013)
Old 10-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Streaming does cost money so I guess the HD channel isn't online. The FM side of the house may go all Christmas closer to the season.
I just tried to listen to Kringle on my Dar account and it said it was unavailable. I got on the Kringle website and didn't get anything either. I'll try from here at MMC.
snowflake22 (10-09-2013), XmasDreams (10-09-2013)
Old 10-09-2013, 04:35 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,500 Times in 1,598 Posts
XmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Storeytime View Post
I just tried to listen to Kringle on my Dar account and it said it was unavailable. I got on the Kringle website and didn't get anything either. I'll try from here at MMC.

Same thing here does not play at all

Hester, Pat (2013-11-14). Christmas Mall Follies (p. 56). . Kindle Edition.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:41 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

K-Rad has been jumped started at the source. I'll check DAR.fm & TuneIn to make sure they have reestablished the signal.

Thanks for letting us know guys!

Originally Posted by Storeytime View Post
Originally Posted by XmasDreams View Post
Same thing here does not play at all