Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » 2013 Christmas/Radio Holiday Programming & Schedules

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,132
Threads: 54,248
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, elf princess

Old 10-09-2013, 02:59 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,271 Times in 2,303 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
KYXE, 104.9 - Union Gap/Yakima, Washington USA

Source

KYXE, 104.9 - Union Gap/Yakima, Washington reported to be all Christmas via the popular service/net radio station North Pole Radio.

Interestingly enough, according to the linked source, KYXE went all Christmas in 2012 and then went off the air until Christmas music was brought back this time!

No online listen link located. KYXE has a presence on Tune-In but no signal.

Nor could I get North Pole Radio to play via any of their streams.

No big loss there! Merry Christmas Radio & Kringle Radio has that beat hands down anyway! (Trust me!)

Old 10-09-2013, 05:17 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

DAR.fm Xmas Club Update

Three recordings are now available for download/stream at the Xmas Club DAR.fm account. The are:

Show/Station Duration When Status
K-Rad October 2 and 3, 2013 (Kringle Radio) 1440 min 1:28am Eastern Oct 3 Completed (96 files)
Mistletoe Mix October 2013 (Kringle Radio) 150 min 8:58pm Eastern Sep 18 Completed (10 files)
Mistletoe Mix July 2013 (Kringle Radio) 180 min 6:38am Eastern Sep 15 Completed (12 files)

There are still 48 gigabytes left in the account for future recordings!

Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
Announcing DAR.fm for the Christmas Music Aficionados that hang out here in the yearly Christmas Radio Programming & Schedule thread!!!

We are set up for a Pro Account that will allow for scheduling of five shows with 50 gigabytes of storage that will hold around 500 hours worth. Five scheduled programs may not sound like enough but hitting the record button while a show is playing does not count as scheduled. My personal DAR.fm 50 gig account has hundreds of hours of Christmas shows from 2011 & 2012 so I don't think we'll run out of room.

Although this is a purchased one year account, no one is monetarily obligated in order to participate. If you do feel inclined to help out with a contribution, I refer you instead to Santa's Sleigh. At the time of this post and for a limited time, contributing to Santa's Sleigh will will also bump MMC members to a Platinum Status! There are three different Platinum levels so do check that out!

The reason for this early sign up is to get familiar with the workings of DAR.fm. Several folks here also like Halloween music that will undoubtedly provide a test drive next month!

I urge all to create at least a basic (free) DAR.fm. A free account allows one schedule with two (I think) gig storage.

Once logged in, recorded shows may be streamed or downloaded via the player tab. MP3 recordings are made in fifteen minute increments to prevent download time-outs that sometime occur with long/large files.

Get acclimated to DAR.fm by visiting the FAQ page. If you have any further questions, ask here or shoot me a PM. Together we'll settle our caps for a long recording season!

Contact me for the log in details via PM here or via email. I hope to have a recording from Kringle Radio ready soon to get us started.

(I decided to post the DAR.fm Christmas Club details here instead of creating a new thread. I'm confidant that all interested are here and I honestly don't know how DAR.fm will react to several log ins to one account.)
So far no one has made contact to participate.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
Source

KYXE, 104.9 - Union Gap/Yakima, Washington reported to be all Christmas via the popular service/net radio station North Pole Radio.

Interestingly enough, according to the linked source, KYXE went all Christmas in 2012 and then went off the air until Christmas music was brought back this time!

No online listen link located. KYXE has a presence on Tune-In but no signal.

Nor could I get North Pole Radio to play via any of their streams.

No big loss there! Merry Christmas Radio & Kringle Radio has that beat hands down anyway! (Trust me!)
It doesn't even work on the North Pole Radio website?

All of these random radio stations going "Christmas" over the last couple of weeks: I still say it doesn't count until we get a working streaming audio on the internet!

So I'm still looking for the first station to go "all Christmas" in 2013!
Old 10-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
Three recordings are now available for download/stream at the Xmas Club DAR.fm account. The are:

Show/Station Duration When Status
K-Rad October 2 and 3, 2013 (Kringle Radio) 1440 min 1:28am Eastern Oct 3 Completed (96 files)
Mistletoe Mix October 2013 (Kringle Radio) 150 min 8:58pm Eastern Sep 18 Completed (10 files)
Mistletoe Mix July 2013 (Kringle Radio) 180 min 6:38am Eastern Sep 15 Completed (12 files)

There are still 48 gigabytes left in the account for future recordings!

So far no one has made contact to participate.
I may be misunderstanding - are you offering us to be able to listen to recordings on your DAR account, or are you saying we can also record stuff on our local Christmas stations on your DAR account?

I already have my own DAR account, but am willing to share...
Old 10-11-2013, 12:17 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by KWasser View Post
It doesn't even work on the North Pole Radio website?

All of these random radio stations going "Christmas" over the last couple of weeks: I still say it doesn't count until we get a working streaming audio on the internet!

So I'm still looking for the first station to go "all Christmas" in 2013!
You have a valid point there!

I may be misunderstanding - are you offering us to be able to listen to recordings on your DAR account, or are you saying we can also record stuff on our local Christmas stations on your DAR account?

I still have my own account as well.

This is a created group account! Share and share alike! Anyone can program schedules (up to the five total limit) and/or start recordings manually. Everyone can download!

One doesnít have do both to participate.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
KWasser (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-19-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Classic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elf
As for the Music Choice channel, if it is anything like the last few years the Christmas music begins at 12:00 AM,Nov 1st...in other words, the second Halloween is over
The Following User Says Thank You to Classic Christmas For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (10-19-2013)
Old 10-12-2013, 09:54 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Definitely I want to get the two marathon shows in the joint account!

Dusty Rhode's 36 hour program & Randy Sherwyn's 12 hour "Christmas Across the Lands" would be nice as well. I'll probably record CAL from WCSF's Spirit of Christmas broadcast.

You have a valid point there!

I still have my own account as well.

This is a created group account! Share and share alike! Anyone can program schedules (up to the five total limit) and/or start recordings manually. Everyone can download!

One doesnít have do both to participate.
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (10-19-2013)
Old 10-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Cincinnati's Star 93.3 usually shows up on the list. It has an online listen link going now so I don't know if it's an all year link or they just started for the season.

http://www.mystar933.com/
Ddeby (10-25-2013), Joyfully yours (10-27-2013), RadioJonD (10-19-2013), snowflake22 (10-19-2013), xmas365 (10-15-2013), Yuletide Junkie (10-15-2013)
Old 10-19-2013, 09:57 AM
Last Achievements

For your listening enjoyment:

Easy 93.1 in South Jersey has switched over to all Christmas music yesterday! That link to their website has an online listen link. Enjoy!

Found it out through this source here.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
Ddeby (10-25-2013), GingerMel (12-01-2013), RadioJonD (10-19-2013), snowflake22 (10-19-2013), Storeytime (10-22-2013), Tinkerbell2476 (10-21-2013), xmas365 (10-19-2013)
Old 10-27-2013, 08:15 AM
Last Achievements

B101 in Philadelphia is back with their annual Christmas poll asking when they should start playing Christmas music.

But for those who don't want to wait, they have an online listen link that's already playing Christmas music! I tried their online listen link just a couple months ago, it wasn't working, so it's not a year round online Christmas music station...but I'm glad they've got it working again now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
Joyfully yours (10-27-2013), RadioJonD (10-27-2013)