Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,093
Threads: 53,938
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,013)
Welcome to our newest member, OBalog

Old 10-24-2013, 10:50 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,061 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
I wanted to share

I lost over 100 pounds 6 yrs. ago. Due to the fact I took care of my Dad before he died, I quit walking. Then I went into deep depression after losing my wonderful father and best friend.

So I had to start all over again, which I did this past May. To date I've lost 38 pounds and started my walking routine. I conquered the big hill behind my house this past Sunday which is totally awesome since I also have knee trouble.

I just want to share what I have found to inspire me.

It's hard to be overweight, it's hard to lose weight and it's hard to maintain your weight once it's been lost. CHOOSE YOUR "HARD"

Have I reached my goal? No, but I will because the "hard" I choose is to lose weight.

Previously I lost weight on South Beach Diet, which is excellent. I could not mentally get back on South Beach. This time I used Haylie Pomroy's book
"The Fast Metabolism Diet. It worked for me. Now I just combine the two diets plus walking, working out on my glider.

If I can't walk outside, I use Leslie Sansone's 3 mile walking DVD. Not expensive and available at Amazon and most retailers.

I sincerely hope my info. will help and inspire for it's a daily walk.
Bradmac (10-25-2013), Holiday (10-28-2013), Joyfully yours (10-26-2013), Sabine (10-24-2013), Seawaters (11-19-2013), snowflake22 (10-26-2013), sugar142286 (10-26-2013), trackrebel (10-26-2013), xmastidings (10-26-2013)

Old 10-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
thank you for sharing.
I also have a never ending battle with my weight.
joyful (10-25-2013), Seawaters (11-19-2013), snowflake22 (10-26-2013), sugar142286 (10-26-2013)
Old 10-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
Diet and Exercise has become a part of my everyday life. My husband and i walk 3 miles five days a week. We don't relly "diet" per se, but use portion control, not eating in between meals, only having dessert on weekends, and even then, not overdoing it. We feel it is important to change our eating habits, making it a life goal, and exercising five days a week. We love walking,but when the weather is bad, we go on our treadmill.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to novelist For This Useful Post:
joyful (10-26-2013), Joyfully yours (10-26-2013), snowflake22 (10-26-2013), sugar142286 (10-26-2013)
Old 10-26-2013, 05:58 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Joyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry disposition
Snowflake Good for you!

I understand your struggle, not because I have one, but
when I looked after my aunt for a few years, she suffered from obesity, which brought on diabetes, which caused her to suffer a stroke, and mild heart attack. I started her on a diet and that very same "walking exercise" program from Leslie!
She started to lose weight, and lost 50 lbs in 6months!
I was very happy for her, but she had other financial problems, and due to that, we parted ways. She ended up moving back to Pennsylvania and gained the weight and more back. She ended up weighing about 300 lbs before her passing.
I am the only one in my family who has never been overweight and I am a chef in a private home, and love to bake goodies, and I love carbs! But I also look after a 4 storey home, and also try to keep to my exercise regime, I hate it when I gain 5 lbs......LOL!
So YOU keep on going girl, half the battle is the desire to do something about it!
Unfortunately my aunt had no real desire, she was basicly a lazy woman, and it cost her, and me, because she paid with her life, and I lost an aunt that I loved dearly.
All the best, I'll be hoping for you!
Later.......!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joyfully yours For This Useful Post:
joyful (10-26-2013), Seawaters (11-19-2013), snowflake22 (10-26-2013), sugar142286 (10-26-2013)
Old 10-26-2013, 06:27 AM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 85,913 Times in 15,184 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Congrats to you, joyful! Sounds like you are on the right path! Keep up your great work, as well as the rest of you!

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post:
joyful (10-26-2013), Seawaters (11-19-2013), snowflake22 (10-26-2013)
Old 10-26-2013, 01:00 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,799 Times in 3,800 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
AWESOME!!!! WAY TO GO!!!! I too need to lose weight!!!! Will have to find my inspiration and workout every day and eat better

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
joyful (10-27-2013), Seawaters (11-19-2013)
Old 10-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,844 Times in 2,188 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Thank you for sharing this with us! I think you've made great progress since going thru such a difficult time in your life....keep up the good work, stay focused, create goals and be proud of yourself and all that you have accomplished.

Remember that you are not alone~

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2013, 06:18 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Magpie has shown a merry dispositionMagpie has shown a merry dispositionMagpie has shown a merry disposition
Good for you Joyful! Keep on going!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Magpie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,030 Times in 446 Posts
Bullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnog
Congratulations and thanks for sharing the wonderful news.

Oh my, she exclaims, her breath smoking the windowpane, it's fruitcake weather!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bullypup For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 01:03 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,585 Times in 3,830 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by joyful View Post
I lost over 100 pounds 6 yrs. ago. Due to the fact I took care of my Dad before he died, I quit walking. Then I went into deep depression after losing my wonderful father and best friend.

So I had to start all over again, which I did this past May. To date I've lost 38 pounds and started my walking routine. I conquered the big hill behind my house this past Sunday which is totally awesome since I also have knee trouble.

I just want to share what I have found to inspire me.

It's hard to be overweight, it's hard to lose weight and it's hard to maintain your weight once it's been lost. CHOOSE YOUR "HARD"

Have I reached my goal? No, but I will because the "hard" I choose is to lose weight.

Previously I lost weight on South Beach Diet, which is excellent. I could not mentally get back on South Beach. This time I used Haylie Pomroy's book
"The Fast Metabolism Diet. It worked for me. Now I just combine the two diets plus walking, working out on my glider.

If I can't walk outside, I use Leslie Sansone's 3 mile walking DVD. Not expensive and available at Amazon and most retailers.

I sincerely hope my info. will help and inspire for it's a daily walk.
That is so awesome!!! Good for you!!! I had that saying "It's hard to be overweight, it's hard to lose weight and it's hard to maintain your weight once it's been lost. CHOOSE YOUR "HARD"" on my fridge for a long time!! It's so true!! And I love the Leslie Sansone dvd's!!! It's that time of year I'll probably be getting them out again! Good luck to you - keep up the GREAT work!!! You go girl!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
joyful (10-28-2013), Seawaters (11-19-2013)