Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » 2013 Christmas/Radio Holiday Programming & Schedules

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,089
Threads: 53,926
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, ajb1946

Old 10-27-2013, 01:51 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Joyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry disposition
Snowflake Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by KWasser View Post
B101 in Philadelphia is back with their annual Christmas poll asking when they should start playing Christmas music.

But for those who don't want to wait, they have an online listen link that's already playing Christmas music! I tried their online listen link just a couple months ago, it wasn't working, so it's not a year round online Christmas music station...but I'm glad they've got it working again now.

Thank you KWasser for the info on B101, I'm listening to it now, and I shall bookmark it, but I will still listen to the MMC stations, because I enjoy the conversations that is broadcasted on it.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Joyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry disposition
Snowflake Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by Storeytime View Post
Cincinnati's Star 93.3 usually shows up on the list. It has an online listen link going now so I don't know if it's an all year link or they just started for the season.

http://www.mystar933.com/

Thanks Storytime for the info on Star 93.3 I shall check it out!
And I will bookmark it if I like it, and see if it compares with MMC's radio stattions!
Later........

Old 10-27-2013, 04:57 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,250 Times in 2,294 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Milwaukee Anyone?

Online Article.

I don't think this FaceBook page is from a radio station but...

WMYX, FM 99.1 The Mix and/or Oldies WRIT-FM, 95.7

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

From the FaceBook Page:

About
The page to discuss Christmas Music in 2013 on Milwaukee Radio!

REQUEST CHRISTMAS MUSIC NOW... 99.1 The Mix: 414-799-1099... Oldies 95.7: 414-799-1957

Description
Can't wait for Christmas music to hit Milwaukee's radio airwaves on 99.1 The Mix and Oldies 95.7!

Basic Info
Launched October 25, 2010
Life Events
95.7 Flips to All-Christmas Music
99.1 Flips to All-Christmas Music
99.1 Flips to All-Christmas Music

Christmas Music on Milwaukee Radio
October 25
A NOTE FROM THE ADMIN:

Four years ago, I launched this page with the intent of uniting all of the Christmas music lovers throughout the Greater Milwaukee area advocating our wish for the radio stations to flip to Christmas music sooner rather than later. Every year since then, this page has gotten bigger and promoted more. The first two years, it was featured in a blog on JSOnline.com, and last year, Duane Dudek wrote a column about this page that appeared in the TV & Radio section of the Journal Sentinel. The success of this page has exceeded all of my expectations, and it can only get bigger from here. Can you help me do that by sharing this page with your friends who love Christmas just as much as we do? This will be our way of spreading Christmas cheer to everyone in Southeastern Wisconsin.

Thank you,
Bryan K.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:19 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Christmas on the Radio 2013 - Wyatt Cox

Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
2011 was to have been the final year for Wyatt Cox' "Christmas on the Radio" program featuring Old Time Radio Shows.

2012 will be an encore year to test the wassail for future shows.

This syndicated show may be purchased and aired by any station. Though the list is currently empty, look for a station near you in the 2012 Stations list along the left side at the webpage.

If you locate a station with an online listen link, quote this post and provide the link!
Christmas on the Radio 2013

From the wepage:

Christmas on the Radio 2013 - Last Call?

We thought last year would be our final Christmas On The Radio.
I was wrong. Stations and listeners stepped up to tell us how important the show was to their holiday. People wrote our stations, they ordered our Christmas On The Radio Collection. In short, they gave me the biggest Christmas gift I've ever had. Hope.

Here's hoping this will rekindle the fire and make Christmas On The Radio the tradition that it SHOULD be!

2013 Stations

Get your stations listed here - Email Wyatt today!
(* - Renewal)

*WKJK-AM, Louisville, KY
*WGMD-FM, Rehoboth Beach, DE
*KSIR-AM, Brush, CO
*KVEC AM, San Luis Obispo, CA
*WEGO-AM, Winston-Salem, NC

Old 10-27-2013, 07:43 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

St. Olaf Christmas Festival - Various Stations

Minnesota Public Radio (MPR) will present a live broadcast of the 2013 St. Olaf Christmas Festival on Sunday, December 8 at 4:00 p.m. Eastern. Encore broadcasts of the concert will air throughout the season

Minnesota Public Radio has an online listening stream.

Other pubic radio stations across the U.S. have the option to include the St. Olaf Christmas Festival in their holiday schedule. Check your local station listings.

Listen to a stream of the 2012 St. Olaf Christmas Festival here.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:01 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Red, White and Air Force Blue Christmas 2013

The Red, White and Air Force Blue Christmas show will feature Blake Shelton for 2013.

Red, White and Air Force Blue Christmas will be sent to more than 2,000 country stations in the United States and the American Forces Network by mid- November. Check local listings/schedules.

American Forces Network for European radio stations are listed here.

I couldn't find any valid online listen links.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:26 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
While searching for Christmas music on the radio, I spotted this article a couple days ago, which talks about radio stations in Milwaukee switching to Christmas music soon, and it contained this quote:

And now comes word from Stan Atkinson, operations director of WZTI-AM (1290), that the station will switch to an all-Christmas format this season, and may be doing so "hauntingly soon."
And sure enough, I checked today, and WZTI (1290 AM - "Martini Radio") has switched to an all Christmas music format! (they probably launched it this morning, it was still playing "Frank Sinatra" music as of a couple days ago).

Here's their website (which does have an online listen link). Enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (10-31-2013)
Old 10-31-2013, 11:45 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Coolarity! DAR.fm activated!

While searching for Christmas music on the radio, I spotted this article a couple days ago, which talks about radio stations in Milwaukee switching to Christmas music soon, and it contained this quote:

And sure enough, I checked today, and WZTI (1290 AM - "Martini Radio") has switched to an all Christmas music format! (they probably launched it this morning, it was still playing "Frank Sinatra" music as of a couple days ago).

Here's their website (which does have an online listen link). Enjoy!

Last edited by RadioJonD; 10-31-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:23 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
Here's another radio station that's switched over to Christmas music on Halloween:

89.7 Shine.FM out of Chicago (a part of "Olivet Nazarene University") has switched over to 24/7 Christmas music today! Yes, it has an online link, but it says I need a plug-in for it to work...(wonder if I can listen to it through DAR.FM...)

Found it through mention of at this source here.

EDIT: Actually, that may be for today only...it's unclear if it'll keep playing Christmas music tomorrow...
The Following User Says Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (10-31-2013)
Old 10-31-2013, 09:44 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Tinsel & Tunes - NET Radio Station

This is my first time to discover this seasonal NET radio station. I'm anxious to see if it lives up to the description. Sounds promising!

Tinsel & Tunes kicks off tonight at Midnight Eastern (in a few minutes from this post).

According to their FaceBook Page, the first person to post there with the first three songs played in their entirety will win an Amazon Gift Card!

From the webpage & FB page:

Tune In, Anywhere.

Free Christmas Music anywhere you go.
Tinsel & Tunes broadcasts via the Tune In App and our own iPhone App.

The Perfect Holiday Music Mix.

Our unique mix of Christmas music.
No sappy ballads, no dogs barking and no donkeys. That’s our promise.

A Party Every Weekend.

Call your friends, grab a glass.

Every Day programming

Tinsel & Tunes is a Christmas music radio channel that broadcasts yearly from November 1st through January 1st. The format is the brainchild of former MakRadio.com creator Mak McKeehan and broadcasts from a digital studio in Pennsylvania. Tinsel & Tunes is syndicated by Fusion Radio Chicago a division of Pure Pulse Media.

The unique blend of rock, pop, jazz, classical and classic Christmas music was created to provide the perfect holiday mix for both active and passive listening. The lack of traditional “cheesey” songs is intentional. This well balanced programming is meant to entertain, enlighten and engage the listener without the need for the chipmunks, dogs barking or droning sappy ballads written only to bring a tear to your eye.

Lite, fun and fresh, Tinsel & Tunes will bring a smile to your face as you hear some of your favorites performed both traditionally and with artistic melodic updates.

Christmas Cocktails (Friday/Saturday 8pm-1am EST)
Grab a martini, a mini crab cake and someone you dig. Christmas Cocktails takes the classics of the 40s, 50s and 60s and adds a splash of spice. These remixed originals are the perfect mix for the modern holiday party. The music is specifically chosen to kick your party in the pants. Connect your computer, iPhone, or other internet radio listening device to the stereo and save money on a DJ. Christmas Cocktails is sure to keep your guests happy well into the snow-fallen night!

About

Award winning holiday music channel playing Christmas tunes, annually, from November 1st through January 1st.

Mission

To procure the best Christmas music on the planet, without all the cheese you hear everywhere else.

Company Overview

Tinsel & Tunes is operated by Mak McKeehan Entertainment in conjunction with Fusion Radio Chicago. Annually, the station launches nearly 6 million streams and is heard in more than 80 countries around the world.
Description

The unique blend of rock, pop, jazz, classical and classic Christmas music was created to provide the perfect holiday mix for both active and passive listening. The lack of traditional “cheesey” songs is intentional. This well balanced programming is meant to entertain, enlighten and engage the listener without the need for the chipmunks, dogs barking or droning sappy ballads meant to only bring a tear to your eye.

Friday and Saturday Nights get funky for your holiday gatherings:

Christmas Cocktails airs every Friday & Saturday night from 8pm to 1am EST featuring traditional holiday songs - remixed for the perfect Christmas party atmosphere.

Last edited by RadioJonD; 10-31-2013 at 09:47 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
DoubleA (10-31-2013), Storeytime (11-03-2013)