Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Around the World » Christmas Shops Opens In Cornwall

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Around the World These Merry Forums now support members from all over the world. We have many active members from the UK, Australia, South America, Canada and all over Europe. Since most of our areas tend to concentrate on the American traditions of Christmas we dedicate this area for discussion of Christmas around the world.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,938
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,013)
Welcome to our newest member, RMcGuigan

Old 07-23-2013, 03:10 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
Christmas Shops Opens In Cornwall

The following article was taken from yesterday 's Metro

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/21/christ...ummer-3891740/

Christmas shop opens up in Cornwall in the middle of summer

Christmas has come early for one store in Cornwall after it started selling holiday items despite the celebration being five months away.
The shop, which is located in the Truro shopping centre, is run by the local cathedral and sells a number of festive items, including advent calendars and nativity models.
The Truro Dean, The Very Reverend Roger Bush, admitted some people thought it was strange to open up a Christmas store so early but said he hoped the shop could take advantage of the recent heat wave.

Weve had a successful Christmas shop within the cathedral for many years and weve found, oddly enough, that during the summer months when we get more visitors, people want to buy good quality Christmas products, he said.
I know it looks a bit odd, culturally, to have Christmas things in the middle of perhaps the hottest time weve had for many years, but we do believe there is a demand for this.
Reverend Bush, who officially opened the shop, hit back at claims the church was exploiting Christmas in order to make money but said they had to take care when communicating their message.

End Of Article ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wowsers any fellow Brits live close by or plan on visiting??
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (08-04-2013), ClaireLovesChristmas (07-23-2013), Holiday (07-24-2013), kizzy (07-26-2013), made582 (07-26-2013), Ryan (07-24-2013), XmasDreams (07-23-2013), Yuletide Junkie (07-24-2013)

Old 07-23-2013, 04:14 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,112 Times in 689 Posts
ClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnog
Bit too far away for me but if i live closer would definitely pay a visit!! x
Old 07-24-2013, 08:29 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,518 Times in 2,974 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Really too far away for me, so I don't think I'll be stopping by. But I wish them well. Thanks for sharing!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (08-04-2013), Festive Spirit (08-05-2013), Holiday (07-24-2013), kizzy (07-26-2013), made582 (07-26-2013)
Old 07-24-2013, 08:47 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,600 Times in 3,830 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Very cool!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (08-04-2013), Festive Spirit (08-05-2013), kizzy (07-26-2013)
Old 07-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

kizzy is a good elfkizzy is a good elfkizzy is a good elfkizzy is a good elfkizzy is a good elfkizzy is a good elfkizzy is a good elfkizzy is a good elf
Originally Posted by ClaireLovesChristmas View Post
Bit too far away for me but if i live closer would definitely pay a visit!! x
I'm heading up to Yorkshire in September are there any year round Christmas shops I can look out for?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kizzy For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (08-04-2013), Festive Spirit (08-05-2013)
Old 07-27-2013, 01:25 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by kizzy View Post
I'm heading up to Yorkshire in September are there any year round Christmas shops I can look out for?
None that I know about. I don't think there are many in England which is a shame! Having said that , in sepetmber the shops here usually start putting christmas things out especially the bargain shops!
The Following User Says Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (08-04-2013)
Old 08-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,550 Times in 13,327 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
what a lovely looking shop! I so agree with them, I love to look for Christmas things in the summer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (08-05-2013)