Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > DVD's & Blu-Rays » More serious about collection...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

DVD's & Blu-Rays New releases, old and hard to find titles -- anything and everything of Christmas that can be played in a machine is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,228
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,429)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 12-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

HollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry disposition
More serious about collection...

I have what might euphemistically be referred to as a Christmas DVD collection. I'm just about to research new players. I'd like to get a BlueRay player which plays everything and has a USB for cameras, thumb drives, etc.

Once that happens, I want to go after the better quality print runs of Christmas titles. I have some DVDs I'm about to donate to goodwill because the quality is...er...challenging. Some are good prints but other releases have added a lot of extra content.

So...I'm about to make a list of everything I have. I'll post here when done and hope someone can point me towards good material or confirm what I have is fine. Additionally, if folks can post here about the hard-to-find I would greatly appreciate it. It helps my focus as I get more serious about our Christmas video collection and maybe it will help others who are about to embark on the same journey.

Merry Christmas!
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. ---Theodor Seuss Geisel a.k.a. Dr. Seuss
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HollyJolly For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (05-19-2014), snowflake22 (05-18-2014), Virginia (12-29-2013), XmasDreams (12-28-2013)

Old 12-29-2013, 05:58 AM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
Have u thought about ripping your DVDs before getting rid of them? Some of them may be hard to come by on blu-ray.
I would love to see what you have, might give me some ideas for my own collection which is taking up a lot of space
I am not allowed to replace my DVDs with blu-ray
snowflake22 (05-18-2014), Virginia (12-29-2013)
Old 12-29-2013, 09:07 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

HollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry disposition
I may have been less than clear about what i was asking. I don't want to get rid if physical copies unless there are better ones to be had. Given discussions here, there would seem to be many horrible copies of some titles. I'm also trying to get an idea on what is tough to find and focus there first.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. ---Theodor Seuss Geisel a.k.a. Dr. Seuss
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HollyJolly For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (05-19-2014), snowflake22 (05-18-2014), Virginia (12-29-2013)
Old 05-18-2014, 03:11 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

I have started to use an app called DVD Shelf. Still testing but thus far it allows me to scan the upc and catalog. Thus far, it needs work... and it has a few bugs. However, when it gets completed it will be on my phone and I won't but the same DVDs twice (again!).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyJolly For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (05-19-2014), snowflake22 (05-18-2014)
Old 05-19-2014, 02:31 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
Best of luck with your project HollyJolly! It sounds exciting.

I have been on the hunt for the Star Wars Holiday special. It was never officially released as a DVD so it will have to be a decent quality copy and ofcourse able to play in the UK. If you come across this or know of an online seller, I'd appreciate hearing about it!

I look forward to hearing about your progress on your collection!
The Following User Says Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (05-19-2014)