Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,938
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,013)
Welcome to our newest member, RMcGuigan

Old 08-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,061 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
present Gift Tags from Cards

When I take the Christmas cards down after Christmas, I just keep the front. Then using a hole puncher I put a hole in it and sometimes cut out the picture (depends on the card design) Then I use ribbon to attach it to gifts and I have a free gift tag. I don't have to buy gift tags and some cards are just perfect as a gift tag.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
My mom has done this my entire life! I don't think she ever bought a tag until she got older. Thanks for the small trip down memory lane!
Old 08-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
holly

You are most welcome. I'm glad I brought back a memory.
Thank you!
Old 08-28-2008, 07:37 AM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I love this idea, joyful! It makes unique tags for each gift! As really nice touch!
Old 09-25-2008, 07:14 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

cruzin has shown a merry dispositioncruzin has shown a merry disposition
That's a really cute idea! I make small gift boxes out of my xmas cards. My SIL suggested that I use them to give a small token gift to the original sender or write down a special memory about that person of a previous Christmas. I might do that this year with some of them, but I do like this gift tag idea. . .next year! ; )

Thanks!
Gloria
Old 09-26-2008, 06:54 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Cruzin, I think the small boxes out of cards is a great idea. They would be so pretty and festive, no need for extra wrap.

When I was growing up at home I would use cards for decorations (my mom was not much for decorating but loved to see the house decorated). I would put them on cupboard doors, interior doors any surface that I could tape them too.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:16 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

Christmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elf
cute idea, i wouldn't use the cards I received from my parents or my grandparents, I'm saving all those for the memories sake.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:18 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
What a fantabulous idea!! Thanks!

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
Old 11-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Memaw_Elf is a good elfMemaw_Elf is a good elfMemaw_Elf is a good elfMemaw_Elf is a good elfMemaw_Elf is a good elfMemaw_Elf is a good elf
Thanks so much for the grat idea!
Old 11-18-2008, 09:12 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

BooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elf
Originally Posted by joyful View Post
When I take the Christmas cards down after Christmas, I just keep the front. Then using a hole puncher I put a hole in it and sometimes cut out the picture (depends on the card design) Then I use ribbon to attach it to gifts and I have a free gift tag. I don't have to buy gift tags and some cards are just perfect as a gift tag.
I did this one year--it was so cute! I might reinstate it this year!

I'm a huge book lover so I'm going to make me some miniature book ornaments this year (I hope)! I'm going to cut out small usable portions of old Christmas cards and glue them to cardstock. I'm going to use several pieces of paper (or maybe parchment paper) and write quotes from favorite Christmas books, etc. I'll staple all this together (I have one of those staplers that can staple up to 25 pages) close to the edge and then I'll hot glue pretty Christmas ribbon or cording over the staple. Then I will attach a loop as a hanger (somehow) and it will be all ready to hang!

I also thought about making some of those little boxes out of old cards that someone mentioned. I have TONS of old cards!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BooksNChristmas For This Useful Post:
irishgirl (11-19-2008), MerryCarey (01-06-2010)