Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations > Projects » What are you making for gifts this year?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,086
Threads: 53,911
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, CharlieTheElf

Old 08-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
present What are you making for gifts this year?

I am interested in what you will be making as gifts this year!

Old 08-31-2008, 06:09 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

pkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elf
present

I am anxious to hear other ideas,too.
I thought about making small jars of red and green pepper jelly (they are in abundance at our farmers market right now) to give out to friends and neighbors. Thought they would look pretty all wrapped up in pretty celophane and curling ribbon.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:16 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

ChristmasLovers has shown a merry dispositionChristmasLovers has shown a merry disposition
If my wife and I ever get to figure out how to use her sewing machine, we might to embroidery for everyone.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:16 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

cathymacmiller has shown a merry disposition
I always make Christmas Breakfast baskets for our siblings, my mom and a few friends and neighbors. This year I've altered the Sonic Drive-in drink carriers with scrapbook paper and other embellishments and plan to fill them with a jar of hot chocolate mix or Christmas Tea Mix, a jar of homemade apple butter, a loaf of homemade quick bread, in a cello bag tied up with curling ribbon, and a bag of Hershey's kisses and peppermint candies, also tied up with curling ribbon.
The Following User Says Thank You to cathymacmiller For This Useful Post:
HolidayHoney (09-24-2008)
Old 08-31-2008, 09:21 PM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
Originally Posted by cathymacmiller View Post
I always make Christmas Breakfast baskets for our siblings, my mom and a few friends and neighbors. This year I've altered the Sonic Drive-in drink carriers with scrapbook paper and other embellishments and plan to fill them with a jar of hot chocolate mix or Christmas Tea Mix, a jar of homemade apple butter, a loaf of homemade quick bread, in a cello bag tied up with curling ribbon, and a bag of Hershey's kisses and peppermint candies, also tied up with curling ribbon.
I like that idea!! Keep 'em coming people
Old 09-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

whitexmas is a new face around here!
santahat

The breakfast basket idea is very cute! Keep sharing your ideas, its fun to hear what everyone else is doing, its good inspiration to go off some idea then come up with something else.
Last year I made homemade soap that was layered white and red and smelled like peppermint. I also made candles in cute little tea cups or jars that I got at goodwill. They turned out adorable. I made some spicey nuts and placed them in jars and wrapped them very cute. This year I want to make sachets for your dresser drawers. I'll just take some cute fabric thats breathable (maybe chiffon), and cut into squares. Stuff with potpourri and sew. Tie with cute ribbons. I was thinking about making homemade limoncello. Thats something that I should start now, a few months in advance. But i'm not sure if I'm going to.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Invalid Email

HouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry disposition
For some reason my boys enjoy my attempts at being crafty (all thumbs, honest). I am making them new rag quilts for their rooms. I would also like to knit them slippers (we have wood floors and they love 'skating' on them - well until the crashing part)

I am making handmade cards again this year!
The Following User Says Thank You to HouseElf For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Twinkle has disabled reputation
As always, since I'm a seashell fanatic, I will be crafting seashell gifts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Twinkle For This Useful Post:
Beki (10-04-2009), hilarios (10-10-2010), MrsH (09-06-2010)
Old 09-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Santa Clausologist

That is gorgeous! I would love to receive one of those!!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:26 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,235 Times in 3,763 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by cathymacmiller View Post
Originally Posted by whitexmas View Post
The breakfast basket idea is very cute! Keep sharing your ideas, its fun to hear what everyone else is doing, its good inspiration to go off some idea then come up with something else.
Last year I made homemade soap that was layered white and red and smelled like peppermint. I also made candles in cute little tea cups or jars that I got at goodwill. They turned out adorable. I made some spicey nuts and placed them in jars and wrapped them very cute. This year I want to make sachets for your dresser drawers. I'll just take some cute fabric thats breathable (maybe chiffon), and cut into squares. Stuff with potpourri and sew. Tie with cute ribbons. I was thinking about making homemade limoncello. Thats something that I should start now, a few months in advance. But i'm not sure if I'm going to.
Boy I wish I was on your friend/family list! What great ideas!

Twinkle...the wreath is gorgeous!!