Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food » Do you guys have a special meal on Christmas Eve?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Food From eggnog to candy canes to ginger bread and beyond the flavors and treats of Christmas are a delight. Here we engage in all things connected to Christmas foods -- from recipes to how-to's. This section of the Merry Forums is presented by Merry Christmas Recipes, our own database of Christmas recipes, many of which get submitted by our users from around the world.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,940
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,079)
Welcome to our newest member, RMcGuigan

Old 09-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
Do you guys have a special meal on Christmas Eve?

I am sure some families do their Christmas get togethers on Christmas Eve.
We don't. I would like to start some kind of Christmas Eve tradition with my kids including a very special Christmas Eve non traditional meal. My oldest son loves homemade cheese dip with the rotel tomatoes. So, I am thinking we will have tacos, enchiladas, cheese dip, etc. Does anybody else have a nontraditional Christmas Eve meal?
Then, I put our treats and goodies in Christmas containers and leave them out in the kitchen so everybody can "graze"!!!
Then, we will leave cheese and eggnog for Santa at bedtime!

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
The Following User Says Thank You to Faith4always For This Useful Post:
bhenson (10-21-2008)

Old 09-24-2008, 09:37 AM
Santa Clausologist

VeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I don't have any meal tradition on Christmas Eve, but I would love to have one!! I'll keep a close eye on this thread

At the mo, my Christmas Eve tradition is to watch The Muppets Christmas Carol. I love that film!

I really would like more traditions
Old 09-24-2008, 09:38 AM
Santa Clausologist

VeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Leaving Christmas treats in containers in the kitchen for grazing sounds good! lol
Old 09-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

whitexmas is a new face around here!
On christmas eve we usually have a bunch of finger foods and appetizers, then christmas day we have a sit down traditional dinner. So christmas eve, its usually cheese balls, really good bread, maybe a salad, spiced nuts, maybe lil wenies in bbq sauce, of course LOTS of cookies and sweet treats that i've made throughout the season. I'm a huge baker, so I enjoy making all the recipes I can find! haha
The Following User Says Thank You to whitexmas For This Useful Post:
bhenson (10-21-2008)
Old 09-24-2008, 10:30 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,799 Times in 3,800 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
well...Christmas Eve is our Big Day....but we don´t have a traditional dinner...or even lunch....last year we ate Spaghetti Bolognese (meat balls)....and in the evening we always have dinner at grandma and grandpa....she usually prepares some noodle or potato salad along some sausage and bread we can prepare sandwiches from.....thinking bout it....that last few years we had fish...cold fish like salmon and stuff....at the end we have some cheese.....Grandma usually has icecream for everybody as a desert....but nobody touches it usually cos we are all so stuffed......of course the kids will eat it...I´m sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
bhenson (10-21-2008)
Old 09-24-2008, 10:32 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
@faithmom

Your dinner plans sound very delicious....and I´m sure Santa will be happy bout the cheese dip as well...
Old 09-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
@faithmom

Your dinner plans sound very delicious....and Iīm sure Santa will be happy bout the cheese dip as well...
Thank you!
We will have the traditional turkey and dressing with all the trimmings on Christmas Day!
I am so excited!!

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
Old 09-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
We usually have ham sandwiches and a bunch of all the different appetizers that we like! We also have a ton of junk food
Old 09-24-2008, 11:24 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

who doesn´t like junkfood.

of course when we arrive at my grandma´s on Christmas Eve, she has a big bowl of handmade christmas cookies....at least 8 or 10 different types...and she will be sad if we don´t eat....lol...so we eat....and then eat dinner...we are stuffed like crazy...boy I think I need to start working out so I can eat all of it, without weighin a ton
The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
yolie8174 (11-02-2011)
Old 09-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
who doesnīt like junkfood.

of course when we arrive at my grandmaīs on Christmas Eve, she has a big bowl of handmade christmas cookies....at least 8 or 10 different types...and she will be sad if we donīt eat....lol...so we eat....and then eat dinner...we are stuffed like crazy...boy I think I need to start working out so I can eat all of it, without weighin a ton

Your'e cracking me up! It sounds like my grandmother when she was alive...it just wasn't right unless we were eating every minute! I didn't want to disappoint her!