Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Gifting Need ideas? Brainstorm here with others about what to give for him or her!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,469
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas at the White...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:28 PM
60,255 Views  0 Posts
Are You a Spug?
By MerryCarey
07-25-2011 09:08 AM
Last post by lauriebear
08-15-2011 12:09 PM
53,319 Views  7 Posts
Christmas Tree A Christmas Tree for Cats
By MMC Editor
10-11-2013 08:21 AM
30,829 Views  0 Posts
Never Swear in Front of...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:35 PM
43,494 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in the 1930s
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:02 PM
63,476 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

Boogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
present Gifting Poll

Just a little poll now that we are getting in to the shopping season:

1. Who do you have on your list this year?
2. Do you have a spending limit for each person, or a personal budget?
3. Do you get into homemade gifts or is everything store-bought?
4. Do you ask people what they want or does it have to be a surprise?
5. Any rules you have for yourself when buying things?
6. Wrapping paper, gift bags, or other?

Click to see my photography!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boogedy For This Useful Post:
irishgirl (10-09-2008), Memaw_Elf (11-07-2008)
Old 10-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

Boogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
1. My list:

My Sister
Brother-in-law
All 4 of their little ones
My mom
My dad
Hubby's mom
Hubby's stepdad
Hubby's sister's 2 kids
Hubby's grandma (usually just a little something)
My 2 best friends (we have an annual midnight Christmas eve exchange that we've been doing for over 10 years!)
Ornament exchange at my sister's Christmas Eve open house
2 Neighbors--usually homemade cookies and a bottle of champagne

2. Do you have a spending limit for each person, or a personal budget? We mostly just do whatever we want with family, but I do have a $50 limit with my friends.

3. Do you get into homemade gifts or is everything store-bought? I do some homemade stuff--everyone gets an ornament and usually a plate of cookies.

4. Do you ask people what they want or does it have to be a surprise? I ask what people want, and add in a few small surprise items as well.

5. Any rules you have for yourself when buying things? No money or gift cards!

6. Wrapping paper, gift bags, or other? Wrapping paper, ribbons, tags, etc. I love a pretty package!

Click to see my photography!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Santa Clausologist

auntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elf
1. My list:
Basically I buy for everyone I know, some of course are more extravagant than others

2. Do you have a spending limit for each person, or a personal budget? I use our Chrismas Club to fund our entire Christmas, gifts, treet, food, wrap, everything.

3. Do you get into homemade gifts or is everything store-bought? I make a lot of food gifts, and other hand made items.

4. Do you ask people what they want or does it have to be a surprise? I ask what people want, and add in a few small surprise items as well.

5. Any rules you have for yourself when buying things? Stick to a budget that's even Steven for our sons.

6. Wrapping paper, gift bags, or other? Wrapping paper, ribbons, tags, etc. I love a pretty package!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Just a little poll now that we are getting in to the shopping season:

My S/O, Daughter ( I also plan to grab a couple tags from the trees at the bank for local children, I also donated for the drive here on MMC and I also plan to do up a couple shoeboxes filled with gifts for the samaritanspurse.org for children overseas. This is part of the awanas group my child belongs too)
No
Bought unless I have time then I do enjoy making things.
Little of both
Not really
Wrapping paper all the way!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

shelle02 has shown a merry dispositionshelle02 has shown a merry disposition
My kids and my husband's unit in Iraq

$50, if that

if the kids want to give their teachers something...we make homemade stuff
I also make dreamcatchers as gifts to others sometimes
for my Soldiers that are deployed (hubby and his men) I make homemade cookies, fudge and whatever else I can

I always ask what my kids want...others is usually a surprise

nope

mostly wrapping paper....use gift bags for gifts to teachers
Old 10-09-2008, 12:50 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,147 Times in 3,699 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
my fiance, our daughter, my niece, my Godchild, my brother and his wife, my mother and father, my best friend and my grandparents.
for Kandice, my daughter it´s around 50Euro, the others around 15-25....my fiance is usually at 50, too...but the money is a bit low...so it was 25 last year....trying to make it at least 50 this year.
store bought...plus homemade cookies
I don´t ask the little ones....but I ask their parents...so the kids don´t get the same presents twice.....I sometimes ask the grown ups....but usually it´s up for a surprise for them as well!

NOPE
Every present is being wrapped....and sometimes put into a gift bag as well

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 10-09-2008, 02:40 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
1. Who do you have on your list this year? Husband, brother, mother, mother-in-law, father-in-law, step mother-in-law, father, step mother, husband's cousin and his wife, husband's godchild, husband's little cousin, husband's 3 aunts, husband's grandmother, my grandmother, my aunt and uncle, brother's girlfriend, 5-6 people at work, my boss (when he's not on my naughty list), countless # of people at work that I bake for and I also bake for about 25 members of the fire dept. my husband belongs to. My dog and mother-in-law's cat!
2. Do you have a spending limit for each person, or a personal budget? I don't set a limit on each person, when I'm done I'm done. It does add up to a lot though!
3. Do you get into homemade gifts or is everything store-bought? I usually buy everything except for the baked goods I make. I'm not one of those people that can make a quilt or something like that to give to someone.
4. Do you ask people what they want or does it have to be a surprise? We always ask for a list and buy off of the list and we also throw in some surprises.
5. Any rules you have for yourself when buying things? I look for sales and good bargains, don't wait til the last minute and I don't use credit.
6. Wrapping paper, gift bags, or other? I use a variety of things. I usually stick with wrapping paper the most though.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

irishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elf
present Gifts

Who is on my list?
Usually it is everyone but no this year. I am making an effort to cut back to my son, my Mom, my sisters (neither have children), My dad and stepmom (combined gift), my nephews, my niece, my sons teachers and class mates
Spending limit- YES! I try to get everything for the least amount of money I can.. the teachers gifts cannot be more than $5 and the classmates $1 (each of course). This forces my son to get creative
Store bought or homemade- BOTH.. my neighbors and coworkers get homemade ie: cookies, fudge. one year I made choc covered pretzels using choc candy wafers and the pretzels that are squares.. just melted them in the oven.. super easy and yummy!
wrapping? both.. I love pretty presents so I wrap em and put em in a bag
Old 10-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
present

answers:
1. Husband; children and grandchildren
2. Spending limit (but sometimes it's not exact)
3. Store bought (I'm not very crafty)
4. I like to surprise but I always want to know what my grandchildren want.
5. Yes, it must be good quality and it must be worth the price.
6. I love to wrap but use gift bags also
Old 10-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

Christmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elf
1. Who do you have on your list this year? Too many, but mainly just the kids in the family.

For my neices and nephews yes there is a limit that was agreed upon between family members so no one went overboard.

3. Do you get into homemade gifts or is everything store-bought? I do make some things home made like teachers gifts

4. Do you ask people what they want or does it have to be a surprise? I try to find out what the person wants, but if not i get creative and do a surprise.

I hit clearence items...like KOHLS and MACYS for clothing...awesome clearence items!

I use both wrapping paper and gift bags, some toys just weren't meant to be wrapped lol.