Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Gifting Need ideas? Brainstorm here with others about what to give for him or her!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Gifts,...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:50 PM
43,836 Views  0 Posts
The Gift My Brother...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:03 PM
45,726 Views  0 Posts
Halloween: What's the...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:28 PM
48,178 Views  0 Posts
Biblical Proof of Santa...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:14 PM
0 Posts
“Little Santa Claus”...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:24 AM
45,381 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-14-2008, 12:43 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
1. Who do you have on your list this year?

My DH, my mom, DH's mom, my three sisters, my brother, my DH's sister and her DH, my brother-in-law, my four nephews, DH's nephew and neice, my step-daughter, and a small assortment of friends and co-workers.

2. Do you have a spending limit for each person, or a personal budget? We have a budget for Christmas overall...how that gets broken down per person depends on what kind of deals I can find. Usually I limit it to about $15 for neice and nephews, $20 for the parentals and siblings, $15 - $20 for friends...but most of the time I find great deals so I'll end up getting a $50 gift for like $10.

3. Do you get into homemade gifts or is everything store-bought? Mostly store bought but the girls at my book club have come to expect a goody tray. There was almost a revolt the year I actually bought them a gift instead of baking.

4. Do you ask people what they want or does it have to be a surprise? Depends on the person. I try to take note all year of interests, things that are mentioned off hand but that might make a handy gift, that sort of thing. If I'm truly stumped (like with my 16 year old step-daughter), I'll ask but I like to avoid it if I can.

5. Any rules you have for yourself when buying things? Not really. I just try to find things that the person will like and get the best deal on them. I LOVE clearance sales...last year I found Cherished Teddy Figurines clearanced at our local Hallmark shop...some of them were originally $65.00 and they were clearanced for $3.00.

6. Wrapping paper, gift bags, or other? Gift wrap if at all possible. I'm very fussy about the wrapping paper...it has to be pretty and there have to be different colors and patterns under the tree or it just isn't right. I have, on occasion, resorted to a gift bag but only in extremely odd circumstances when I just can't neatly wrap the gift...that's rare though, I can even neatly wrap a football.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
1. Who do you have on your list this year? Evan (my Son), Ronnie (Hubby), My Parents, my Brother, In laws, Elizabeth (my Niece), Grandma, My cousins children, My best friends Erica and Pam, Ladies I work with (Only 2 of them!)
2. Do you have a spending limit for each person, or a personal budget? Not on my Son, I try to have a limit on my Husband and Parents but they do so much I go over, and I try to keep it around $25 for the others.
3. Do you get into homemade gifts or is everything store-bought? Usually store-bought but I do like to make cookie trays!
4. Do you ask people what they want or does it have to be a surprise? Depends on who it is, my son is too young to know what he wants, I try to pay close attention and surprise people with things they have mentioned but not actually asked me to get them!
5. Any rules you have for yourself when buying things? Try not to use a credit card unless its something online that I cant pay cash for (then I put the cash in the bank so I can pay it off when it comes in!)
6. Wrapping paper, gift bags, or other? Wrapping paper!
The Following User Says Thank You to MsChristmas For This Useful Post:
christmas80 (11-18-2008)
Old 11-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

NLxmasmom has shown a merry disposition
DH, DS13 $ DD10.
My parents
DH's parents
2 brothers, 2 SIL, 2 nieces, 1 nephew
2 SIL, 2 BIL, 1 nephew
1 Aunt & Uncle
2 cousins, 1 cousin's dh & dd
Kids step-grandma
3 adult neighbours and 2 child neighbours
2 teachers & 2 bus drivers

2. Do you have a spending limit for each person, or a personal budget?
Not really. I usually spend between $10 and $25 per gift. Probably a little more for my parents this year because they do so much for us. No budget for DH & kids.

3. Do you get into homemade gifts or is everything store-bought?
I'm not really crafty, so unless it's really simple or just putting a basket together it's all store bought.

4. Do you ask people what they want or does it have to be a surprise?
Some I'll ask, others I just try to keep an ear/eye out for things they want/need. Some gifts are just things that I think they would like.

5. Any rules you have for yourself when buying things?
No rules. Just try to find gifts that the person would like.

6. Wrapping paper, gift bags, or other?
Normally it's wrapping paper. This year I am also doing gift bags with tissue paper.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
1. Who do you have on your list this year? Dh, John-Andrew, Lydia, Destiny, Nathan, dad, stepmom, sister, uncle, brother, sil, father in law, mother in law
2. Do you have a spending limit for each person, or a personal budget? personal budget
3. Do you get into homemade gifts or is everything store-bought? both
4. Do you ask people what they want or does it have to be a surprise? surprise
5. Any rules you have for yourself when buying things? not really
6. Wrapping paper, gift bags, or other?both

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
Old 05-23-2009, 08:24 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

jack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elf
1. Who do you have on your list this year? this could take a while...
my son , my boyfriend, step son, my dad, my step mum, my step brother, my step sister, my actual sister, my niece aged 4, my niece aged 2, my mother, step nan, actual nan, grandad, cousin aged 8, cousin aged 6, auntie and uncle, mother in law, father in law, nephew aged 12, nephew aged 7, niece aged 6, sister in law, brother in law, one collie, my dog, two cats. so 24 people and 4 pets!

2. Do you have a spending limit for each person, or a personal budget? No but i try to keep an overall budget of about £250 for all family bar my son and boyfriend.

3. Do you get into homemade gifts or is everything store-bought? some homemade and some store brought. I make cards though for family

4. Do you ask people what they want or does it have to be a surprise? I like surprises better but I'll listen to them throughout the year and see if i pick anything up

5. Any rules you have for yourself when buying things? I like to give practical reusable gifts and normally need to tell myself no enough is enough on more than a few occassions.

6. Wrapping paper, gift bags, or other? I like hampers but Im a big fan of the crepe paper with ribbon look too after I wrapped Ben's special Christmas eve pyjamas this way so might do that again this year but I like wrapping paper and ribbons.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:03 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 143,836 Times in 26,466 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint

My mom, My aunt, MY three nieces, My nephew, my neighors, and friends

2. Do you have a spending limit for each person, or a personal budget?

50 dollars a piece on family and 25 on the neighor I work with

3. Do you get into homemade gifts or is everything store-bought?

Store bought for the family and then I bake cookies and make candy for the rest of the neighors and friends

4. Do you ask people what they want or does it have to be a surprise?

I usually ask unless I see something I know they will love

5. Any rules you have for yourself when buying things?

Watch the clearance areas all year for toys for the nieces and nephews.
The nieces and nephews always get at least two practial gifts along with there toys. Usually bath sets with soap and shampoo and socks or underwear.

6. Wrapping paper, gift bags, or other?

Wrapping paper for the adults and my two older nieces and bags for my younger niece and nephew. Also bags for any big things.