Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations » When Do You Put Up The Christmas Tree?

Christmas Decorations Christmas is a hands-on art. From the lights we put on the house to the decorations we put on the tree to the great foods we eat in the process, Christmas is a time of doing -- and this is the place we gather to talk, plan and share.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,975
Threads: 53,447
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,108)
Welcome to our newest member, Angelfrog
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Santa Claus 3 (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:52 PM
53,073 Views  0 Posts
How to Fit the Tree in...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:44 PM
Last post by Christmas-A-Holic
06-27-2011 08:13 PM
44,669 Views  3 Posts
Dear Santa: Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:35 PM
48,108 Views  0 Posts
Bells The REAL First Christmas
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:34 PM
0 Posts
Mr. Krueger's Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:08 PM
66,180 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,071 Times in 657 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
The day after Thanksgiving/Black Friday. As much as I love Christmas I will NOT put it up before Thanksgiving. Ever.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
bell

I used to put ours up on Thanksgiving Night or that following Friday. This year being that Thanksgiving is on the last week of November I am going to do it one week early.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:26 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,111 Times in 3,695 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
here in Germany we don´t put up the trees that early. So I will put it up in the first or second week of December....right now...it will rather be the first week, tho....can´t wait

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 10-26-2008, 03:28 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,863 Times in 1,010 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
Around the 8th of December
Old 10-26-2008, 05:13 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

Janey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeJaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeJaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeJaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeJaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeJaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeJaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeJaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeJaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeJaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeJaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
A week or two into December - would go crazy if it was up any earlier than that and my parents wouldn't let me anyway
Old 10-26-2008, 05:53 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
I usually start my gameroom tree a week or maybe 2 before Thanksgiving so that the day before or day of Thanksgiving I can start the upstairs of the house. I like to have the inside and outside done by the end of Thanksgiving weekend. But, since Thanksgiving is late this year I will start a little earlier because I don't like that there is less than a month from Thanksgiving to Christmas this year so I'll decorate earlier to maximize my Christmas experience!!
Old 10-26-2008, 06:35 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

lelly has shown a merry dispositionlelly has shown a merry dispositionlelly has shown a merry disposition
well i feel kinda silly but our tree is already up my eldest son who is 4yrs old wanted it up & because his dad works such long hours and there night shifts so he sleeps most of the day away they dont spend alot of time together so dad couldnt say to no to him i love it being up but i feel like its to early what does eberyone else think of it ?
Old 10-26-2008, 06:44 AM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Lelly - I think it is wonderful and great that your husband and your little son wanted to put the tree up now!!! That is perfect! It shows how much they love each other, and how much they love Christmas!!! What could be better?

Four year old children couldn't understand the reasoning behind "no, we have to wait." Why wait? It makes the joy and magic last longer!!! It would make me really happy too!
Old 10-26-2008, 06:49 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

HolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by lelly View Post
well i feel kinda silly but our tree is already up my eldest son who is 4yrs old wanted it up & because his dad works such long hours and there night shifts so he sleeps most of the day away they dont spend alot of time together so dad couldnt say to no to him i love it being up but i feel like its to early what does eberyone else think of it ?
Do whatever makes you and yours happy! In your situation I would probably do exactly what you did.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:02 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by lelly View Post
My brother's 38 and he won't wait to put the tree up. He usually makes me put it up for him on Labor Day weekend but, this year his apartment was getting painted so he had to wait until Oct. I put it up 2 weeks ago for him! He lights it up everynight, it sits right in front of his big picture window.