Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations > Ideas » Are You Doing Nything Specail For Your Kids On Xmas Eve?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,086
Threads: 53,911
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, CharlieTheElf

Old 12-08-2008, 04:19 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Are You Doing Nything Specail For Your Kids On Xmas Eve?

I cant decide what to do for my daughter as theres no point in dressing up as Santa as shes scared of him! What are you doing for your kids to make the evening specail.?

Old 12-08-2008, 04:57 AM
Santa Clausologist

VeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Our Christmas Eve ( when I get home from work at 2pm lol) will be full of Christmas Movies (Home Alone, Muppets Xmas Carrol, etc) and a nice buffet. I also have a tree present or 2 (one is a tree ornament that is in the shape of a bell and has a clockwork father christmas with some jelly beans in it, one is a mini doodle pad and there will be crackers to pull), and there will be some new pyjamas for her too. She can have the Christmas Eve gifts in the evening at about 6

There will be cookies and milk left for Santa and carrots for the reindeer.

For me and my husband, we will watch Love Actually when anna goes to bed. I love that Christmas Movie!

There may be other things that I just havn't thought of yet lol
Old 12-08-2008, 05:03 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Ive never given gifts to my daughter on xmas eve. Is that something you have always done?
Old 12-08-2008, 05:20 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

lmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
On Christmas Eve, we will bake and decorate cookies to leave out for Santa. Then we'll go to the 4pm Christmas Eve service at my mom's church and then head over to the In-Laws for a big Christmas dinner and then when we get home, the girls will open a present (which is always new pajamas!), leave out the cookies, and read The Night Before Christmas then go to bed!!
Old 12-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

melindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elf
My parents would let us open one present, it was so exciting because it was like a little tiny taste of xmas. Also it would be a big deal leaving a note and cookies and milk out for santa, and carrots for the reindeer. It was so fun, i love it, and miss that we don't do it anymore
Old 12-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

winterwonderland88 has shown a merry disposition
Something I always enjoyed as a child was the Christmas story. When we were very young, she'd read us a story before bed on Christmas Eve, as we got older she'd start a book a week before Christmas and read a chapter every night. The books were always Christmas themed. My personal favourite has to be The Christmas Day Kitten by James Herriot (avaliable from amazon for...1p!! Especially good for little girls who love animals), which I still vividly remember even now.

Other than that, the things I always used to love were the simple, family moments. I always used to help mum cook on Christmas Eve. Nothing complicated, but always the fun things, like spooning the mincemeat into the mince pies or cutting out the pastry circles. Going to carol services as a family. Watching the Christmas Festival from the Royal Opera House with mum whilst she sat down with a cup of tea (I don't think they televise it anymore, but a Christmas film is just as good!).

My sister always used to be afraid of Santa too, and so anything to do with Santa was her job (think mum took a stance of desensitisation :P). So after Father Christmas had eaten the lovely mince pies and sherry left out for him by my sister, he left her a note explaining how he wasn't scary at all, that he'd left her some lovely presents under the tree, and that the only reason he breaks into our house on Christmas Eve (as seen by my sister...too much Home Alone??) was to make her Christmas even more special
Old 12-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

NLxmasmom has shown a merry disposition
I guess for us it depends on if we decide to stay home or go out. Last year was the first time that we went out on Christmas Eve. We went for a drive to look at the Christmas lights. Normally we stay home and watch Christmas shows/movies. We track Santa online. The kids leave out milk and cookies (or whatever they choose that year) for Santa. Then they go outside to put out carrots and Magic Reindeer Food, then they hang their Magic Santa Key. My kids still go to bed quite early on Christmas Eve. This year for the first time, they will be opening a gift of Christmas Eve. If we go out, I will just find a reason to pop back inside and put the gifts under the tree. If we don't I'll have to be quick and come up with something. A gift will be left for each of us marked from Mrs. Claus. I plan to sprinkle sparkly tinsel all around the gifts. We will open them Christmas Eve so that we all have new pajamas to wear for Christmas morning pictures. This will be a surprise to everyone, but me.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:27 AM
Santa Clausologist

VeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Kelly, nope, not done it before, but I heard that idea and thought that it might be nice. Me and my hubby had a chat about it, and have decided thats what we are going to do this year
Old 12-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Daughter and I will sprinkle some reindeer food outside along the walkway. We will also leave out cookies, milk and a carrot for Santa and Rudolph. She will also get to open 1 Christmas gift. We usually get together with all of my siblings and kids for a nice dinner and gift exchange but we have decided to stay home this year.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Well, I don't have kids but, when I was very little my parents used to have my brother and me put icicles on the tree on Christmas Eve. They said that Santa would come if we did that. Then when we woke up the next morning there would be candy canes on the tree from Santa as well as all of the gifts. We used to do the gift on Christmas eve as well but, I didn't like to do that after a while because that was 1 less that I got to open on Christmas morning. I preferred my gifts in the morning! We also left milk, cookies and an apple for Santa and Rudolph. I don't have kids but, I leave candy cane rawhides on the tree for my dog on Christmas eve and then when she gets up I tell her Santa left them for her! hee,hee!!!!

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story