Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2009

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,090
Threads: 53,930
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,812)
Welcome to our newest member, flockman02

Old 01-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

SilentNight08 has shown a merry dispositionSilentNight08 has shown a merry dispositionSilentNight08 has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Santa's Helper View Post
I always look forward to September. That's what I wish for all summer. I get really excited when Aug. comes because summer is winding down and I know I can start putting out the harvest stuff soon. I usually bring a couple of little pumpkins out in Aug. to get me started and then Sept. 1st I decorate for fall/harvest. Once Oct. comes I put some halloween stuff out and then once it's over on Nov. 1 I start putting all of the halloween stuff away. I put some thanksgiving stuff out in the upstairs part of the house and beging decorating the gameroom for Christmas. My thanksgiving stuff never makes it to Thanksgiving day! I can't wait for September. Then we can start the Christmas build up all over again.
I feel the same as you.. once August gets here I am pumped for September! Here in PA it is usually still pretty hot in September but I am ready for my pumpkins!
The Following User Says Thank You to SilentNight08 For This Useful Post:
Santa's Helper (01-04-2009)

Old 01-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 35,192 Times in 6,767 Posts
Binger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
hey Nana.. if I had more fun, I'd be in jail.... YABBA....

YABBA YABBA YABBA...

ONLY 359 days till DARLENE LOVE sings " Baby Please come home this Christmas...." on Lettermen... ( mark it on your calendars)....

CELEBRATE LOVEMAS~
DARLENE LOVE ON LETTERMEN, DECEMBER 23, 2014!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 35,192 Times in 6,767 Posts
Binger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
hey Crown.. wake up and post the countdown.. the year is slipping away....

YABBA.... HEY RADIO......................YABBA.

CELEBRATE LOVEMAS~
DARLENE LOVE ON LETTERMEN, DECEMBER 23, 2014!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Official MMC Countmeister

Last Achievements

Thanked 25,032 Times in 2,868 Posts
Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
.....welcome back Bing...you are the 2nd most important person to this thread...next to Crown of course. Ha.....
Careful, Nitro! Bing just might throw some hot coffee on you.
(No! Wait! What am I saying? They would never waste any like that!)

Actually, we are all equally important here since this thread is a combination of everyone's input. I am but the one on top of the hill that gave the little snowball a push. We are all the snow that accumulates as we roll on down to the Christmas Season!

And speaking of rolling along, just look!! Already over 100 posts and 1,000 views!

Let's check in on the statistics:
Days to the Season: 313
Days to Christmas Day:355
And now UNDER 2 weeks to Milestone #1, the 300-Day Season window.

Rain here this morning, and dreary. We currently stand at 46 degrees.
It seems like recently we either get the warmth with rain or dryness with the cold. But I'm still holding out for warm and dry!
(I like a little chill at Christmas, but once we move into January, I start longing for the return of warm days.
After all, this is the South - isn't it??)

Have a Super Sunday, Friends.
Get rested up to begin moving another week closer to Christmas Season 2009.
Don't forget to keep that Christmas song in your heart and the spirit of the Season with you in all your endeavors.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,386 Times in 3,783 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good morning! I'm getting ready to head out to the TSO concert but wanted to pop in & say a quick "hello!"

Hope you all have a great day!! (I am avoiding thinking about going back to work tomorrow!! Always tough to go back after a long break.... ah well...)

WELCOME BACK BING!!!!

Old 01-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
nitro's on the naughty list???????

i am making a pledge to use this thread more than i did last year, i think we could make it a great success.

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 01-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Johnor - what do you mean --- like they are going to make a movie of the thrad as a Christmas Movie for 20209? Or - maybe an ongoing TV series -- about "The People On The Countdown Thread"?/ Or maybe we can bring out our own line of Christmas candy for adults -- an Advent Calendar that counts down the days to the season and you get a big candy bar for every day? Or... Maybe we can make a string of pubs named "The Christmas Countdown Thread"?
Old 01-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Crown84 -- I loved the mental picture of the snowball rolling downhill and picking us all up!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
sparkle nana, i love all those ideas!

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 01-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Christmasologist

How are you doing today?

My husband and I just had a big big fight. Five minutes later, he said "I think that was the DUMBEST fight we have ever had. What do you think?" Yes, I must agree. Fights do not get any dumber than that. It almost reached the food-fight level on my part. And we have been together for 48 years. You would hope that the level of fighting would become more refined over time. But.... no.