Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2009

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,131
Threads: 54,246
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, PrincipalPankley

Old 01-01-2009, 12:14 PM
On the Naughty List

Nitro has shown a merry disposition
Let's keep this thread going as strong as possible through the year to blow past last year's record.

On a sour note anyone taking their tree down this weekend? ...my family is undecided yet. Last year we kept it up to about the 20th of Jan. I hate taking it down...but like I've seen people say before if we left it up all year then Christmas would lose some of its specialness.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:23 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,944 Times in 3,825 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Happy New Year everyone!

Christmas is 357 days away from now...and we are taking our tree down tomorrow.......but it´s alright with me...Christmas was a good one...and now it´s time to move on.....and look forward to this new year....and then....celebrate christmas again...I will start Christmas shopping very soon this year....maybe a present per month...that would be the greatest way to do it...that way...I would never have any problems with presents....financial wise

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 01-01-2009, 12:29 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,944 Times in 3,825 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
you are so right!

i am so excited for this countdown, christmas '09 is going to be the best, i can feel it!

man, i'm hungover...

....sorry bout that homegirl....for whatever reason...I can go on drinking for quite some time...I think I havenīt been hungover since....before my pregnancy even...had many glaces of strawberry punch (lots of red wine inside, plus some type of strawberry sparkling wine) ....at least 6 glasses...and about three sparkling wines.........not feelin anything...of course I wouldnīt drive no more after so many drinks....but I ainīt hungover either...

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 01-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Happy New Year!

New year --- new count! And it is so much fun seeing the number of pages go up, and the number of post go up!
Old 01-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
So -- do you celebrate on New Years Eve? On New Years Day? Both? Neither? And does it change from year to year?

This year, we went to a warm and happy party on New Year Eve. New Years Day - just exchanging phone calls with friends and relatives.

The Christmas tree is still up. Ornaments are gradually finding their way into the storage boxes. Then - the tree may stay up with just its lights -- until I am gently told that the tree MUST be taken down now.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Christmasologist

Do you have goals.. dreams.. even resolutions.,.. for 2009?

Yes, I do.

And what is your reason for asking?
Old 01-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
All right, the greatest thread ever has been reborn!

Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Official MMC Countmeister

Last Achievements

Thanked 25,316 Times in 2,896 Posts
Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Awww, Gee!
You folks are the greatest!
This thread lives through all of you. Thanks!

And yes, our tree is still up. We always keep all of our decorations and lights up and lit through New Year's Day, which of course means they come down tomorrow.
Sad, but yes - that does insure that it stays special!
Old 01-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

kcmsom76 has shown a merry dispositionkcmsom76 has shown a merry dispositionkcmsom76 has shown a merry dispositionkcmsom76 has shown a merry disposition
~Happy New Year, Everyone!!!~

I just got back home from my aunt's house. We had our annual New Year's Day Feast. We had hog jowls, black eyed peas, cooked cabbage, cole slaw, biscuits, mashed potatoes, gravy, pork ribs, macaroni and cheese, etc. We had cheesecake, chocolate eclairs, coconut pie, pecan pie, and seven layer bars for dessert.

We have had this feast every year for at least all of my 32 years. The black eyed peas stand for change in your pocket, and the cabbage stands for paper money in your pocket for the New Year. I don't believe in all that, but I do enjoy getting together with my extended family every chance I can get.

Do any of you have a special New Year's Day feast? If so, what do you have? And what does the food represent to your family?
The Following User Says Thank You to kcmsom76 For This Useful Post:
SparkleNana (01-01-2009)
Old 01-01-2009, 06:02 PM
On the Naughty List

Nitro has shown a merry disposition
I don't have a big feast on New Years but yours does sound very good.

My big meal is Christmas eve dinner. I know some people do have a new years big meal tho...I had a good dinner but nothing like your feast for it.