Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Gifting Need ideas? Brainstorm here with others about what to give for him or her!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,000
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,616)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 05-23-2009, 08:15 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

jack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elf
Cuddle Hampers

Hi All

Have decided to do cuddle hampers for most of my family this year seeing as the country is in a recession - yey! so I wanted to give a gift that would be used/ appreciated and showed thought etc.

So I decided to make some cuddle hampers.

They will consist of
  • a nice hamper
  • a no sew handmade blanket or lapblanket
  • a pair of pyjamas or nightdress
  • a cup
  • hot chocolate sachets
  • marshmallows
  • slippers or slipper bed socks
  • hot water bottle and cover
  • cookie mix in a jar

I am planning to make them for

my sister with the items in pink
my niece aged 4 with a princess theme
my niece aged 2 with a fifi and the flowertots theme
my nan in pale blue/flowery theme
my grandfather in green/train theme
my mum with a tiger theme.

My sister might also have a small bottle of whiskey so she can have a hot toddy too.

I will make changes fro my niece so instead of a hot water bottle they may get the cuddly toys with a rice bag centre that you sit in the radiator to warm up instead of a hot water bottle, and they might have a little bag of Christmas chocolates instead of cookie mix.

and my grandfather is going to get some home made shortbread instead of marshmallows in his hamper.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jack_skellington_fan For This Useful Post:
HolidayHoney (05-25-2009), MsChristmas (05-25-2009)

Old 05-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

jolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elf
What a wonderful idea!! I know I would appreciate a gift like that
Old 05-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Nice idea...homemade gifts are the best! =)
Old 05-23-2009, 11:56 PM

jack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elf
Thank you.

I know I like home made practical gifts - I didn't do any last year and was gutted but 2007 I made hampers for people which I enjoy doing a lot.

Nice thing is that's my side near enough done except for my dad and step mother.

My step brother and sister im giving them money as they are 17 + 14 with some chocolates and my younger cousins as it needs sending.

Then I just have my partners side to do. Although he gives me the money and then its just Ben and Ow before Xmas.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,303 Times in 610 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
=)

Very Nice!
BUTTTT.....
We will ebe expecting pictures!!!
=)
Old 05-25-2009, 07:53 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,595 Times in 4,608 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
For sure want pics!
Old 05-25-2009, 08:08 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,851 Times in 3,810 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
sounds very, very nice...homemade presents are so nice....would be cool if You take pics then

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 05-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
That sounds like such a wonderful idea! My Husbands side of the family is too big so for the adults we do a secret santa and only have to buy for one person (and they give us a list of 3 items they may need). But Im thinking of doing something similar to your idea for my Grandmother..maybe even my Brother too. I never know what to get either of them..so why not make them something they will actually need!

Old 05-27-2009, 12:51 AM

Yeah my theory came about a few months ago when the UK had loads of snow and people here in Wales were struggling to keep warm etc and I thought of my grandparents (they live a fair few hours from me on the south coast of the uk) but they are 72 and 71. My dad who lives about 2 hours from them put extra money onto their gas payments so they were in credit with it and my auntie who lives near by went round and was making sure they had hot fresh meals and was doing shopping errands for them. (they are both able bodied but she didn't want them out as they live on a very steep hill and my grandfather has severe arthritis) so I sent them down heat packs each and new pyjamas/nightie and won a food hamper on line but had it delivered to them. Hate to think of them being too cold and suffering as they aren't the type to say so for me practical gifts are still a must.