Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » 2009 Christmas/Holiday Radio Programming & Schedules

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,460
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
santahat Light on a Snowy Day
By MMC Editor
11-07-2011 07:41 AM
0 Posts
Winning the Gimmee Battle
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:29 PM
49,597 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 The Christmas Truce
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 02:24 PM
48,236 Views  0 Posts
A Christmas When Life...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:23 PM
44,715 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree The Christmas Tree Ship
By MMC Editor
01-03-2013 03:15 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-17-2013 02:30 PM
39,075 Views  1 Posts

Old 12-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

judypancoast has shown a merry disposition
Hi Jon..
I wrote to you a few weeks ago to thank you for this thread and for the list of stations playing Christmas music.
I wanted to let you know that I emailed every single station on your list (every one that had contact information on their webiste) and I received responses from about 20. Of those, about 14 ended up playing my song., "The House on Christmas Street"...and I got interviewed on a couple of them too! I even got an email from the LIFT FM in Cape May saying that my song had made it into regualr rotation and only 5% of indie music submitted makes it that far.
I owe you a huge debt of gratitude for providing this information. I know you do it mainly for people who want to listen to Christmas music and programming on the radio, but I think you should know that for this indie musician it is a GREAT resource. I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for putting it all together and making it available.
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that your New Year is wonderful!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judypancoast For This Useful Post:
AuntieMistletoeDear (12-30-2009), RadioJonD (12-27-2009)
Old 12-27-2009, 02:02 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
You Are Very Welcome...

...Judy! Indie artists & lables just don't receive enough attention in the shadow of the huge music machine too focused on it's next moneymaker.

Congratulations on your airplay & interviews! Your diligence rather than my assistance is what made the difference!

Of course, when you’re a big star, I’ll be saying I knew Judy way back when…!
Old 12-28-2009, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
...Judy! Indie artists & lables just don't receive enough attention in the shadow of the huge music machine too focused on it's next moneymaker.

Congratulations on your airplay & interviews! Your diligence rather than my assistance is what made the difference!

Of course, when you’re a big star, I’ll be saying I knew Judy way back when…!
Hey again Jon...
I just wanted to tell you that I just got an email from Don at WCSF who said they are adding my music and will keep it in the library for next year too. I definitely would not have known about this station if not for you. SO THANKS AGAIN!!

And, at the risk of being a pain in then neck...I was wondering if you heard my song "The House on Christmas Street" in either of the music marathons on Christmas Eve. I sent it to both of them but had nowhere to listen as I was in the woods in Maine on Christmas Eve with no internet access...if that's hard to believe in this day and age, you've never been to Maine!

I just gotta say again how grateful I am. If you send me a PM with your address I'd love to send you a full-length CD if you like , just as a token of my gratitude.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judypancoast For This Useful Post:
AuntieMistletoeDear (12-30-2009), RadioJonD (12-28-2009)
Old 12-28-2009, 02:47 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

That may explain why I noticed guests from St. Francis (.edu) logged into MMC and looking at this thread this year! WCSF certainly impressed me with their wide playlist Christmas music library! Plus, they are still running all Christmas until noon, January 2.

Thank you for the generous offer of “The House On Christmas Street.” I would take you up on the offer, but I already have one! Autographed, no less! A mutual forum friend at Christmas Talk, Lighitup, purchased one, had you sign it, and sent it to me! I think I received it for my birthday. If not, it was a Christmas present. (The occasions are close together.)

I didn’t hear your song(s) during the times I was tuned into either of the marathons. I’ll pay attention when playing back the recordings (whenever that will be). Solomon has a playlist posted somewhere. I’ll look for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
AuntieMistletoeDear (12-30-2009)
Old 12-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Judy, congratulations on the airplay.

I knew I had heard of "The House on Christmas Street" before but could not remember where. Then it hit me. It is one of the songs sold by Light O'Rama as a sequence for Christmas light sequencing. I've seen a video somewhere too where someone used it as one of the songs in their show.
I'm a Christmas light enthusiast and a songwriter too, so that must really be exciting; writing a song that is used by decorators in their light displays.

Again, congratulations on the airplay. Best of luck in having your songs heard heard round the world.

Tim
Old 12-30-2009, 08:28 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

BRMB - Birmingham, England

Tom Binns of radio station BRMB in Birmingham, England was fired after he interrupted Queen Elizabeth’s annual Christmas Day address. Binns reportedly broke in to say that the speech was “In two words, Bor-ing.”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009...-queens-speech
Old 12-31-2009, 06:14 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Almost Down to One Day

Don't forget! We still have a little over thirty-six hours of christmas music left on WCSF!

WCSF – 88.7 – Joliet, Illinois USA

All Christmas with an online listen link til Noon, Central, January 2, 2010!

http://www.stfrancis.edu/content/the...eam/index.html
Old 01-03-2010, 01:02 AM

Jon...that's so cool that you have my CD! I'm delighted to know that! Happy New Year!
The Following User Says Thank You to judypancoast For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (01-03-2010)
Old 01-03-2010, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Storeytime View Post
I'm a Christmas light enthusiast and a songwriter too, so that must really be exciting; writing a song that is used by decorators in their light displays.

Again, congratulations on the airplay. Best of luck in having your songs heard heard round the world.

Tim
Hi Tim..yes, it IS really exciting! We found the first video of a house using my song in 2006, and now, if you type "House on Christmas Street" into the YouTube search you get 54 results! I LOVE Christmas decorating enthusiasts! It's the most exciting thing that's ever happened to me in my career.
Thank you, Tim. Send me a private message and let me know where I can hear your music!
Judy
Old 01-03-2010, 09:11 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Well, since the last Christmas musical note (of which I know) of 2009 was sounded on broadcast radio right at 12:00 Noon (CT), January 2, 2010 on WCSF, we bring this thread to a close.

2009’s programming/schedule was by far the largest such thread to date. Thanks to all who perused, contributed, and received useful information from these pages! At this post there were thirty-six pages with 358 replys, and 12,663 views!

A special thanks to the following contributors!

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 359
User Name Posts

mac55 13
Mumof2 12
Storeytime 8
Maureen 7
judypancoast 6
AuntieMistletoeDear 5
GingerMel 3
Smiley21 3
Minta 2
garp 2
Branimal 2
sugarplum fairy 2
Boogedy 2
MrsmerryChristmas 2
Mr Walker 2
MikeShem 2
mariataylor 2
Laney 1
ballcoach 1
freebie 1
christmasjingles 1
radiant star 1
TheeBigGuy 1
Santa's Helper 1
amsoapstar88 1
Holiday 1
jwalk6 1
FlyingForLife 1
christmas87 1
halfawake454 1
hilarios 1
christmaslight 1
Julie 1
Silverbells 1
made582 1
Tinkerbell2476 1

Now that it’s 2010, we’ll do it again! Maybe we can get started in July like we did this time! Hopefully, more folks will dig for content as well!