Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Shopping > Gifting » Wrapping paper storage?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Gifting Need ideas? Brainstorm here with others about what to give for him or her!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,229
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,429)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 08-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

ChristmasLovers has shown a merry dispositionChristmasLovers has shown a merry disposition
Wrapping paper storage?

What is everyones solution for storing wrapping paper? We bought one of those plastic totes made to store wrapping paper, but it only holds up to 30" rolls. Problem is, 80% of the paper we get, or find is well over 30", maybe 36". Funny thing is, we got it from Wal-Mart and the only paper we found was over 30" and they had a ton of the totes.

We'd like a tote kind of thing because we store stuff in our attic and don't want anything ruining the paper, even though it's only a few bucks a roll. But these days, we need to save where we can lol.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Old 08-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

Teresa has shown a merry disposition
ChristmasLovers, I have the same thing you have and found the same problem. I have been looking and the only thing I saw was at Lowes Home Improvement Store It looked like a trash can, tall with lid on it, but I don't know if it will hold the long rolls either.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Maybe try one of those long, thin under the bed Rubbermaid storage containers? They might be long enough to store the longer tubes of wrapping paper.

Storage is a HUGE issue in our apartment and we've never really found a satisfactory solution to the storage of larger wrapping paper rolls either.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
I use the same kind of totes and I can't put the lids on either of them. I also have a nylon bag that I can carry with me and it's not long enough either. I could have sworn that I saw those totes with a really high lid to accomodate the longer wrapping paper but, I just can't think of where. I'll try to look it up and get back to you if I find anything out.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 08-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

BrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elf
I just have mine in a bog box in the storage closet under our stairs. Nothin fancy at all.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:15 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,651 Times in 585 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
I keep ours in a tall kitchen trash can in DD's closet, without a lid. I know they make one like it for wrapping paper and it has a tall lid. They had them at Wal-Mart last year.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:16 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,065 Times in 613 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
I have something that hangs on a door with compartments which works very well for storing my ribbons, bows and etc. It also stores large rolls of paper but the number it holds is limited. This allows me to keep everything in one place and I hang it on the inside of the closet door in our spare bedroom which is where I store gifts as I buy them.

But aren't gift bags wonderful? We also use gift bags and they circulate through the family so they get used again and again.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:11 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 164,165 Times in 31,324 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have one of the bins that look like a trash can with the lid but it does not store large rolls either. I also have one of the nylon bags, one of the
organizers that fits on a hanger with pockets for ribbon and tape, and a plastic bin that has hooks to hang it for my gift bags. The hanging stuff goes in my coat closet and the wrapping paper goes under my bed.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,651 Times in 585 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Gift bags are good as far as recycling and using for odd-shapped gifts, but I still love to wrap boxes!!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,065 Times in 613 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
I also use gift bags for Christmas pictures. Some of the scenes are so beautiful, I cut the bag and make a framed picture for the Christmas season.