Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations > Lights & Decorations » LED Lights or Traditional Lights?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,086
Threads: 53,911
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, CharlieTheElf

Old 08-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
Yes I agree, the lights are strange colored. I too don't like them much. I mean we switched our tree to the "warm white" leds and they are not BAD....but they are not regular white christmas tree lights - you can see the difference.

I think what helps is if you have TONS of lights outside -you may want to think about LED. If you only have a few things out - go with normal. If you can't afford the cost of regular lights (electric bill) - LED may also be for you.

Rumor is, companies are working on old fashioned C9 C7 LED light strings so you can't tell the difference.
The Following User Says Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)

Old 09-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

One Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnog
Traditional Lights....Tried the LED, just was not my thing....I grew up with the large bulbs, enjoy the small ones now, and have gone with the white lights, causing frowns in the family....Some folks can't celebrate Christmas without multi colored lights....My sister is ONE of them...Smiles....

The Following User Says Thank You to One Spoiled Brat For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 01-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Thanked 1,399 Times in 534 Posts
superdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elf
When they make a LED that looks in color and brightness like a C9 and C7 then I will switch in a heartbeat. But I noticed this year where people are mixing earlier LEDs with newer ones and the colors are not blending well at all. For the Santa House this year I used LED globe like lights on it and was very unhappy with it. It will have C7's on it next year. I want to see the LEDS in a icicle type light with longer runs that what is out there now and see if they hold up better than ones do so far. Winds around here just beat the icicles to death your lucky to get two years before they go bad and drive you nuts trying to fix. I sort have gave up on them for now, hate buying new ones every year plus hate you can't cut them to length either. I mean you can but very tricky and a pain.
The Following User Says Thank You to superdave1225 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 06-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

MichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elf
I did not like the shape of LED lights. I adore the traditional colors and lights that I grew up with as a child. The bulbs can be very large and I prefer the tiny glints of color through out my tree... call me traditional! lol

_missing you everyday CM <3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MichelleluvsChristmas For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (06-19-2011), snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 09-20-2011, 08:27 AM
Christmas Decoration Expert
Last Achievements

JeanetteDi has shown a merry disposition
Many stores that pay attention to trends have LED lights that are shaped like traditional lights. LED lights may be more expensive, but I prefer them because they save energy overall. Also, they're a lot harder to break.
The Following User Says Thank You to JeanetteDi For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)