Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations » Do you leave your lights on all night?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Decorations Christmas is a hands-on art. From the lights we put on the house to the decorations we put on the tree to the great foods we eat in the process, Christmas is a time of doing -- and this is the place we gather to talk, plan and share.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,099
Threads: 53,996
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,616)
Welcome to our newest member, CWilde

Old 09-19-2011, 08:03 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Like a lot of people, we only leave ours on all night Christmas Eve - there's just something so magical about going to bed with the glow of the Christmas lights in the living room.

The rest of the time, I usually switch the lights on when I get home from work (as it gets dark) and we switch them off when we go to bed.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Christmas Decoration Expert
Last Achievements

JeanetteDi has shown a merry disposition
My Christmas lights are on timers that are set to turn off at 2am. I want late night drivers to still get to see Christmas lights. The week before Christmas, I change my timers to turn off at 7am, so little kids driving to daycare or early morning joggers can still enjoy lights. But it's those kids in the car driving to daycare I really do it for.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Mine are on a time clock and computer controlled. They go off at 1:30 S-Th and 2:00 on weekends. As we get closer to Christmas I let them stay on all night.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,109 Times in 414 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
My christmas tree lights will stay on 24hrs a day all througout christmas and all other lights will come on around 4pm and go out around 11.30pm.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:55 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

jinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry disposition
We never left our Christmas Tree lights on during the night except on Christmas eve! My Brother and I would sleep on the couch in the living room by the Christmas tree and it would be wonderful to wake up all through the night (because we are so excited for santa) & see the lights on the tree!
The Following User Says Thank You to jinglebellrock512 For This Useful Post:
Mumof2 (08-15-2012)
Old 08-15-2012, 02:20 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,126 Times in 696 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
No, never. When I was a kid, they played a Christmas tree fire safety commercial (similar to the one posted below), and ever since, I can't bring myself to leave the lights on all night. The 'what-if' is just too great.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,130 Times in 1,064 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
No all lights are switched off at bedtime
Old 08-15-2012, 04:43 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,130 Times in 1,064 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by courtney View Post

wow

Old 08-15-2012, 05:15 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,153 Times in 817 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
When I get up in the Mornin' they go on and off when I goto bed,Except for Christmas Eve they don't go off until Christmas night before we goto bed.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 08-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Lacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elf
I turn mine on first thing in the morning and turn them off right before bed.