Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Merry Marketplace > For Sale » For Sale Christmas store for sale!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

For Sale Sell your Christmas stuff here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 53,980
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,477)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 04-22-2010, 05:57 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,999 Times in 2,437 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Christmas store for sale!

This was sent to us today, so I thought I'd post it here:

FOR SALE

Landmark Christmas Store in Scottsdale, Arizona

Beautiful Location on Scottsdale Road with Best sq/ft Rate in Scottsdale! Complete turn-key operation—18 years in current location. A little under 2000 sq ft. with over 500K (retail) of existing inventory, furniture, equipment, and décor. Long-standing and loyal customer base, plenty of walk-in traffic, and a working relationship with the very best vendors in the USA and Europe.

Our business has always been a family-owned and –operated business for over 40 years. The death of my father 6 years ago, my mother’s failing health over the past 4+ years, and now my own health concerns have forced me to seriously consider selling the business.

I am no longer able to provide the business with the TLC and undivided attention that it requires. I am looking for someone who would like to carry on the tradition of our store and keep it a landmark in Scottsdale, Arizona—someone who will get as much enjoyment and pleasure from the people that we serve and the quality merchandise that we carry; as our family has had over the past 40 years.

Price: Take over existing lease of 2+ years and/or extend lease with landlord AND purchase existing inventory, furniture, equipment, and décor at a very discounted asking price (well-under 200K).

I am hoping to sell the business before September 2009, so that the new owner will be able to gain significant experience and recoup a major portion of their investment in the first season. If you are seriously interested, please email Judy at OurStore4Sale@aol.com.

Last edited by Jeff Westover; 04-22-2010 at 06:03 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
elf bazaar (05-29-2011)

Old 04-22-2010, 09:15 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,999 Times in 2,437 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Man...why does it have to be in Arizona?
Old 04-23-2010, 07:34 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,962 Times in 9,608 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
That would be a dream to own!

It says it wanted to sell before September 2009. I wonder if it was still open this past Christmas holiday.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:01 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I agree it would be a dream to own a Christmas store and even better living in Scottsdale. I love that place!!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

santashelperkobrin has shown a merry disposition
holly

If I only had the money!!!

Ruth

Old 06-28-2010, 12:31 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

usafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I think we'd all love that to run a store like that. I know I love walking into Christmas stores, particularly in the summer time. The only negative thing, monetarily, is that a Christmas store of this type probably does not go into the black until around the Christmas season. All other months may be struggle to sell anything. I remember talking to an owner of an all year round Christmas store in my town. She told me that the money the store makes from late Sept-Jan makes up the money lost from Feb-Aug. Unfortunately, her store went out of business after this past season.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,662 Times in 13,346 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
What a lovely thought! To own my very own Christmas store!!!
But maybe I will go for the cake shope first.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

SW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoe

Living here for 15 years now, I have no idea where this is at. However, with Scottsdale it no doubt is in a pretty pricey area.

Scottsdale does have some well to do people there and I am sure that store will do well no matter who purchases it. And other people in the surrounding cities will frequent the store as well.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:53 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
It sure would be great if one of our members wound up buying that store.

It won't be me, but it's nice to dream about it.