Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » What are you missing most?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,096
Threads: 53,974
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,477)
Welcome to our newest member, K31E

Old 01-14-2010, 01:43 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,501 Times in 9,289 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
I've had a very bad day missing Christmas today, I am glad this was posted today. I was at the mall today and no more decorations no Christmas music on the overhead speakers so I listened to a cd in the car. The kids were also watching Rudolph when my wife woke me up this morning. I think I miss the tree the most though, I could just stare at it and recall many great Christmases past.

I know exactly how you feel. My tree is coming down this weekend and I am NOT looking forward to it. Sitting and looking at the tree with no other lights on is one of my very favorite things to do. It just seems so peaceful, so beautiful and tranquil. I too think back to the times when I was a child with my parents and siblings. Somehow in doing so I seem to turn into that little child full of wonder again. There is just something so special about Christmas trees.

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (04-20-2013), momnan30 (01-14-2010), Smiley21 (05-12-2010)

Old 01-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Jolly Old Elf Mary has shown a merry dispositionJolly Old Elf Mary has shown a merry dispositionJolly Old Elf Mary has shown a merry dispositionJolly Old Elf Mary has shown a merry disposition
Well, you're all welcome at my house, because it is still very much Christmas here. All decorations are still up! I was going to take everything down last weekend, but other things came up that needed my attention. I plan to tackle this project this weekend.

I'll miss the decorations, but right now, I miss the commercials and tv specials. Television was really nice this holiday season. I don't have satelite or cable, but "regular television" had several holiday specials to watch.

Someone mentioned missing the Folgers commercial. I didn't see that commercial this year, but my all-time favorite Folgers commercial was made in the 80s and is sometimes pulled from the vault to re-air. It's the one where a car pulls up in front of a house, a young man enters and notices all occupants are still asleep. He goes to the kitchen to brew a pot of coffee, which wakes up his mother. While the coffee is brewing, the man is placing several packages under the tree. When the mother comes quietly downstairs to see who is in her house, the young man (her son) walks out of the kitchen with a serving tray containing the coffee pot and several cups. The mother is so surprised to see her son has come home for the holidays. This commercial brings a smile to my face everytime I see it. Folgers re-aired this commercial in 2004 or 2005. I was surprised to see it!

I, recently, bought a book called "It's A Wonderful Christmas: The Best of the Holidays 1940-1965" by Susan Waggoner. It talks about how a number of today's Christmas traditions were started during and after World War 2. There are numerous pictures of toys, ornaments, sales ads, posters, decorations, etc. that were popular during this time frame. This is a must have for all Christmas lovers. I have really enjoyed reading it. When I get the Christmas blues, I'll pull this book out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jolly Old Elf Mary For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (04-20-2013), Smiley21 (05-12-2010), superdave1225 (02-17-2011)
Old 01-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,957 Times in 927 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Mostly I miss all the Christmas episodes and movies on all throughout the season each evening and even sometimes during the day on Hallmark. I also miss the Christmas music on the radio station when I drive somewhere.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momnan30 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

pattilynn has shown a merry disposition
I miss the Christmas movies that were on non stop Yea! on lifetime, hallmark and family... I watched them over and over.... I think it is because it was Christmas and the sounds of it even when I went I did stuff around the house was heartwarming.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pattilynn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

ChristmasRose has shown a merry dispositionChristmasRose has shown a merry disposition
I miss my taste buds...! I'm finishing up the last drop of eggnog in our house and because of a nasty cold I can't taste it at its peak of deliciousness... (!!!) =)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChristmasRose For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Snowman1971 has shown a merry dispositionSnowman1971 has shown a merry dispositionSnowman1971 has shown a merry dispositionSnowman1971 has shown a merry disposition
Falling asleep to the glowing colored lights of the small tree in the bedroom.....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snowman1971 For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (04-20-2013), Smiley21 (05-12-2010), superdave1225 (02-17-2011), Wenceslaus (01-14-2010)
Old 01-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Jolly Old Elf Mary, this one's for you: Peter Comes Home for Christmas.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wenceslaus For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (04-20-2013), Jolly Old Elf Mary (01-15-2010), Smiley21 (05-12-2010), superdave1225 (02-17-2011)
Old 01-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,847 Times in 3,872 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Snow-in-Texas View Post
I can't help with the candy canes, but there's nothing that says that you can't still park far away from the mall and walk that half mile.
Well, yeh... technically... but walking past all the different cars, reading clever, funny and, sometimes, infuriating bumper stickers (like people who still have Kerry 2004 stickers on their cars) and checking for out of state license plates is fun... walking across an EMPTY parking lot is just sad and sorta pathetic... reminds me of the Grizzwolds parking at Wally World...
Old 01-15-2010, 07:42 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,635 Times in 5,991 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I miss the whole feel of the season after the rest of the world goes back into "everyday mode." That lack turns winter days from "Winter Wonderland" and "Marshmallow World" into cold, gray drabness. Happily, looking forward to some upcoming plans and events has driven away most of the post-Christmas blues.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (04-20-2013), Santa's Helper (01-31-2010), Smiley21 (05-12-2010), sprinkleshouse (01-31-2010), superdave1225 (02-17-2011)
Old 01-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Jolly Old Elf Mary has shown a merry dispositionJolly Old Elf Mary has shown a merry dispositionJolly Old Elf Mary has shown a merry dispositionJolly Old Elf Mary has shown a merry disposition
Thank you, Wenceslaus! I was wondering if that commercial was on YouTube.

Thank you for posting it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jolly Old Elf Mary For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (04-20-2013), superdave1225 (02-17-2011)