Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations » Different Christmas Things You Do That Others Don't

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Decorations Christmas is a hands-on art. From the lights we put on the house to the decorations we put on the tree to the great foods we eat in the process, Christmas is a time of doing -- and this is the place we gather to talk, plan and share.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,008
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,841)
Welcome to our newest member, misswang123

Old 06-03-2012, 02:56 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,852 Times in 3,810 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
christmas eve is usually the same with us every year.....we drive over to my mother´s to go to church from there....then we went to my grandparents opening presents and then to our place to have Wieners and Potato Salad and then opening presents...not sure how it will be this year after my Opa (grandpa) passed away this January and my uncle almost never comes over to even say hello to grandma....even tho he lives in the house behind hers....

anyhow...Christmas Day is often spent at hour place with me cooking along with dad...or we go to my brother´s place...it always varies...there we usually do the regular stuff....watching christmas movies sometimes, listening to Christmas music, playing with the kids and just talk and joke and kid around...nothing unusual.......on Christmas 2009 tho.....the 2nd Christmas Day, Dec 26th we decided to go Germany´s best amusement Park......the Europa Park.....it was just fabulous...everything decorated......even the roller coasters and the haunted house was christmassy....a Christmas Parade, we watched a Charles Dickens Christmas story in the Globe theater....built after that Shakespear thing in England.....only to come out of it in the dark and being overwhelmed by looking at all the lights....perfect.....if I could I would make this my Christmas tradition!!!

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (11-27-2012), ballcoach (06-03-2012), Christmasstar (09-12-2012), Neotericisis (12-07-2012)

Old 09-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
My husband and I open one small gift on Thanksgiving. it's our way of starting off the holiday season. I think it's a cute idea, but when I tell people, they look at me like I'm crazy!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to novelist For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (11-27-2012), Christmasstar (09-12-2012), Neotericisis (12-07-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

Leighlansmummyx has shown a merry disposition
In my family we just visit close family, watch lots of christmas films with a hot chocolate on the sofa with the yankee candles lit we usually cook gammon on christmas eve & have for supper. this year will be my little boys 3rd christmas so its quite special because he should understand a bit more this year ... x
The Following User Says Thank You to Leighlansmummyx For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (11-27-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,130 Times in 1,064 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
Every Christmas Eve I light a candle in the window to welcome the baby Jesus into the world

Old 09-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

sublimesting has shown a merry dispositionsublimesting has shown a merry dispositionsublimesting has shown a merry disposition
I inexplicably read Rip Van Winkle every Christmas Eve. I don't know why but I've been doing it every Christmas Eve since I was 8. I'm 37 now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sublimesting For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (11-27-2012), Neotericisis (12-07-2012)
Old 11-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Merry Fourms Member

nachtmusik has shown a merry disposition
Our house is painted white and there are pillars holding up the roof over the porch. Every year for as long as I can remember, we've wrapped this red plastic ribbon-ish stuff around the pillars to make them look like candy canes.

Other than that, though, we're pretty typical. We swap the standard Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners around, though, and cook a ham on Thanksgiving and a turkey on Christmas. This is because my grandma always has celebrations for both holidays at her house, so this way we're less likely to get horribly sick of Thanksgiving turkey and Christmas ham.
The Following User Says Thank You to nachtmusik For This Useful Post:
Neotericisis (12-07-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 05:54 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,062 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
I started doing Christmas Eve dinner back in the late 1970's when my kids were little. I realized that Christmas Day usually had me in the kitchen and hubby was with the kids in the living room enjoying their day with them. So I started doing Christmas Eve dinner and still have it on Christmas Eve only now the kids come with their families to enjoy with us.
It gives the kids something to pass the time on Christmas Eve when anticipation is running high and also we are together.
Everyone dresses up like we are going out and we give each other our best. I set a grand table lit with plenty of candles. Before we eat my husbands offers up a prayer of thanksgiving and love for God.
Then Christmas Day, I don't have to work in the kitchen. I can enjoy the day.

I'm so glad I started this tradition, my Mother always did her dinner on Christmas Day but she liked my Christmas Eve dinners and my Dad and Mom were always overnight guest on Christmas Eve. A tradition that has stopped but they will always be with us in our hearts.