Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Christmas Magic Click here to visit this social group

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,469
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
22 16x16 Great Debates: Christmas...
By MMC Editor
10-28-2011 08:41 AM
55,412 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in America...
By MMC Editor
10-18-2011 01:41 AM
64,357 Views  0 Posts
Stan Freberg's Green...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:54 PM
0 Posts
The Christmas Dress
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:40 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
11-20-2013 05:09 PM
1 Posts
The Best of Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:51 PM
Last post by Minta
04-01-2014 10:33 AM
48,026 Views  3 Posts

Old 07-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Jeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnog
Elf Mischief Ideas

I would love to exchange Elf ideas with others. I have a ton of ideas and someone has asked for ideas, so lets all share what we have done, are going to do and things we've read about. I hope my post isn't too long!

Christmas 2009 was our first year. Hannah came to stay with us and was quite the naughty little elf. She's a Magic Elf from Elf Magic. My daughter got so attached to her, that on Christmas morning, she looked for Hannah and couldn't find her and sat down to cry. I had Hannah hidden to the side along with a new pocket elf (a tiny elf) named Lexi. Another elf came to visit for mother's Day. Her name is Abby and I "have heard" that a boy elf is coming to visit my son along with a reindeer. Hannah had help from our other stuffed animals, Barbies, and other decorative things from around the house. If you want more details, let me know. I don't want to be too specific in case littles ones read this.

Hannah dyed the water in the toilets red or green with food coloring.
Stacked all the presents from under the tree in a huge stack in the middle of the floor.
Sat in the Barbie car along with the barbies and watched movies, spread them all over the table, and had popcorn and mountain dew.
Dumped the 12 days of Christmas gifts all over the floor.
Went up in the attic and brought down the trees for the kids rooms and decorated them. she got caught in the lights and was hanging by her foot. She had all of the other stuffed animals helping her.
She took my truck and went to McDonalds one night and left all the trash in my truck along with a receipt and some change. She stacked up the pillows from the den so she could reach the stearing wheel.
She made a fishing pole out of a pencil and a paper clip and went fishing in my fish aquarium.
She unwrapped presents and hid in them.
She wrapped my daughters school books and hid along with them in her backpack.
I took her to work with me one day to show my coworkers what an elf is, and while we were out of the office, she took pictures of herself through the whole building playing on other people's desks!
She knocked over my daughters tree and knocked the ornaments on the floor.
She brought a few little gifts, especially when my dd had a bad day.

I've got lots more ideas at home, I'll try to post more soon.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeniferdwn For This Useful Post:
Gingerbug (07-23-2010), MsChristmas (07-23-2010), xmas365 (07-22-2010)
Old 07-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Those are some really cute ideas! Do your kids behave better since the elves are naughty? This will be my first year doing the secret elves and I wasnt sure if I would make the elves misbehave or not? I really dont have many ideas since I have never done this.. I was planning on having the elves arrive the day after Thanksgiving with Christmas PJ's for the kids...then they would leave the night of December 23rd to report back to Santa on how the kids behaved during their stay....other then that Im clueless

There's no place like Home for the Holidays!

Old 07-23-2010, 09:26 AM

Last Achievements

Gingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elf
I do an assortment of things...most are not really misbehaving just silly....like the elf on top of the ceiling fan.

I do some of those kinds of things where Evan has to look for the elf.
Some gifts
Some experience gifts
Elf mailbox
This year we are going to have a magic elf party,,,,where some other stuffed animals join the elf and we have some snacks and fun
The Following User Says Thank You to Gingerbug For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (07-23-2010)
Old 07-29-2010, 08:11 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Jeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnog
MsChristmas -- my kids are always naughty! LOL Our elves don't report back to Santa as much as the Elf on the Shelf story says. They know the elves will tell Santa, but not alot. I like the PJ idea. I have read lots of others do that, so I may try that this year too.

Gingerbug -- would you explain the experience gifts? Also what do you do with the mailbox? I am getting so many new ideas!

Can't wait till the elves get here! Ours showed up at Santa's Land when we were on vacation. They all went to my mom's house and they now have pierced ears! So cute!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeniferdwn For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (07-29-2010)
Old 07-29-2010, 03:22 PM

Last Achievements

Gingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elf
"Experience gifts"....are dojg nthings rather than getting things...a new movies and a few trinkets are fine but what better gift for a child than an experience?

Like making cookies....we normally make cookies anyway...but how much more fun if the elf leaves the recipe and maybe some sprinkles etc

Like see lights...what if the elf leaves the invitation to take a drive and look at lights...complete with hot chocolate of course

Or the movies....tickets to see the newest Christmas movie ...take the elf to the theater too of course, he doesn't need a ticket because Santa gives him a magic pass.

Or building a snowman...if the weather cooperates...complete with ELF snowman building directions

Or an Elf tea party...

Well you get the idea...we are often quick to GIVE out kids something...but maybe what want and love MOST of ALL ...is some time doing fun things with us....what a light hearted adventure the elf provides!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Gingerbug For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (07-30-2010)
Old 07-30-2010, 06:58 AM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Gingerbug View Post
"Experience gifts"....are dojg nthings rather than getting things...a new movies and a few trinkets are fine but what better gift for a child than an experience?

Like making cookies....we normally make cookies anyway...but how much more fun if the elf leaves the recipe and maybe some sprinkles etc

Like see lights...what if the elf leaves the invitation to take a drive and look at lights...complete with hot chocolate of course

Or the movies....tickets to see the newest Christmas movie ...take the elf to the theater too of course, he doesn't need a ticket because Santa gives him a magic pass.

Or building a snowman...if the weather cooperates...complete with ELF snowman building directions

Or an Elf tea party...

Well you get the idea...we are often quick to GIVE out kids something...but maybe what want and love MOST of ALL ...is some time doing fun things with us....what a light hearted adventure the elf provides!!
Very cute ideas!

There's no place like Home for the Holidays!