Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » 2010 Radio stations switching over to Christmas music?

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,974
Threads: 53,446
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,046)
Welcome to our newest member, CarrollMl
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Homemade for the Holidays
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:31 PM
48,116 Views  0 Posts
What will I get for...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:55 PM
0 Posts
Xtree1 The Christmas Legend of...
By MMC Editor
10-29-2012 02:18 PM
37,898 Views  0 Posts
Stan Freberg's Green...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:54 PM
0 Posts
"Behind the White Brick"...
By MerryCarey
10-31-2011 11:46 AM
89,396 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
2010 Radio stations switching over to Christmas music?

There's a small chance (maybe 25%) that at least one of the local radio stations around where I live will switch over to Holiday music tomorrow (there was a station that did so last year, the Friday before Halloween). There's also an even larger chance that one (or more) will switch over to Holiday music on November 1st.

Anybody else have local radio stations making the switch already? I love it, myself, looking forward to the Christmas music.

Last edited by RadioJonD; 11-12-2010 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Added Year (2010)
Old 10-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,395 Times in 4,400 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Not yet, but soon we have one that will.

Have glove will travel
Old 10-28-2010, 11:27 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
This may be "read only" for some be we track Christmas radio stations and schedules each year in the Radio/Audio Forum. The 2010 thread is here.

Nationwide (U.S.) there are already three stations to date on the air with Christmas music. Another will begin Monday.

Last edited by RadioJonD; 10-28-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:08 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,111 Times in 3,695 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
we have no channel that will totally switch.....come November 15th there will be stations that will play Christmas songs...but not the entire time....They play regular music along with Christmas songs........on the Advent Sundays...the 4 sundays leading up to Christmas they will play more and of course on Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 10-29-2010, 12:18 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
If you are in in Southeast Missouri, KWasser, here is what I found from last year. If you aren't in SW Mo, I guess I messed up.

KOSP went Christmas October 30, 2009
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
KOSP - Star 105.1 – Springfield, Missouri USA

All Christmas with a listen link - http://www.star1051.fm/
KGBX went Christmas November 19, 2009
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
KGBX – 105.9 - Springfield, Missouri USA

“Your Christmas Music Tradition”

All Christmas with an online listen link - www.kgbx.com
Some others to check:

If you like Southern gospel, KWFC – 89.1 – Springfield, Missouri USA starting Christmas programming on Thanksgiving in 2009.

From 2009: “KWFC is proud to present it's annual, month-long Christmas spectacular -- NOW, BETTER THAN EVER!
Beginning, Friday, November 27th, KWFC will transition to our Christmas programming schedule. Listen for all-Christmas music throughout the day after Thanksgiving. Then, we'll add Christmas to our regular southern gospel rotation for a couple of weeks before going ALL-CHRISTMAS on December 12th.” - http://www.kwfc.org/

And last but certainly not least, if you are near enough to the signal, KMST from Rolla, 88.5 or Lebanon, 96.3 will offer great Christmas programming not found on commercial radio stations. Keep checking for their 2010 Holiday schedule at http://www.kmst.org/

Updates this year will be in the 2010 Thread.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,569 Times in 3,711 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
Usually we have two here in Pittsburgh... 3WS (WWSW 94.5 ) and WSHH (99.7)... but they don't start until Light Up Night in the 'Burgh... which is November 19th this year... I think 3WS has streaming Christmas music year round on their website, though... and WSHH, because of their call letters (wish) sponsors Make A Wish every year with live mobile remote broadcasts from various locations around town...

Music Choice, which is currently running Halloween music on their Sounds Of The Season channel (check local listings), will most likely switch to Christmas music on November 1st.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
Originally Posted by RadioJonD
If you are in in Southeast Missouri, KWasser, here is what I found from last year. If you aren't in SW Mo, I guess I messed up.

KOSP went Christmas October 30, 2009

KGBX went Christmas November 19, 2009

Some others to check:

If you like Southern gospel, KWFC – 89.1 – Springfield, Missouri USA starting Christmas programming on Thanksgiving in 2009.

From 2009: “KWFC is proud to present it's annual, month-long Christmas spectacular -- NOW, BETTER THAN EVER!
Beginning, Friday, November 27th, KWFC will transition to our Christmas programming schedule. Listen for all-Christmas music throughout the day after Thanksgiving. Then, we'll add Christmas to our regular southern gospel rotation for a couple of weeks before going ALL-CHRISTMAS on December 12th.” - http://www.kwfc.org/

And last but certainly not least, if you are near enough to the signal, KMST from Rolla, 88.5 or Lebanon, 96.3 will offer great Christmas programming not found on commercial radio stations. Keep checking for their 2010 Holiday schedule at http://www.kmst.org/

Updates this year will be in the 2010 Thread.
Awesome, yes, that's where I live, and that matches what I remember from last year.

Note that KOSP Star 105.1 is now Star 92.9, but same format ("Greatest Hits"). Found this little tidbit posted on their website, which I found funny: http://star929.fm/Christmas-Music/8456469

Okay, I'll start using other thread for discussing the radio stations.

Wait, it says I have to be a Platinum member to post in your thread RadioJon. Man, they make it difficult around here to post at times, it seems...
Old 10-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,336 Times in 3,116 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I can't believe November 1st is MONDAY!!!! Gosh I hope some of our stations switch to all Christmas!!!

Old 10-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,617 Times in 578 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
We have one station that is all-Christmas, usually starting a few on Thanksgiving Wednesday, then all Christmas Thanksgiving Day through Christmas Day. However, they started a few days earlier last year, because I was surprised when I clicked over there and heard the wonderful Christmas tunes before Thanksgiving. I'll have to check out their website.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,470 Times in 911 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Nothng here yet. A couple will switch over before Thanksgiving. There is one local station that has a christmas music poll up on their website now so you can vote for your favorite songs and select the date when you want them to switch over.