Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » 2010 Christmas/Holiday Radio Programming & Schedules

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,131
Threads: 54,243
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,651)
Welcome to our newest member, SShoebrid

Old 09-16-2010, 05:13 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
That's last year's (2009) schedule but exactly what I'm looking for, Auntie! I'll be watching that space!

My source for those nationally syndicated public radio shows you pasted dried up on me this year. It went to a paid members only format. I kind of feel like some of the folks here in the free section, eh?

I seldom listen to commercial broadcast radio either, Auntie. It's kind of exciting for about ten minutes because it signals that the rest of the world has caught up with us!
Funny - I thought of that in the wee hours of the morning between aging body aches. I asked myself, "did you check the date on that thing?" Bad Me. I added the link to my music and radio folder in my favourites so I can check it out in October to see if they have an update for the new season.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AuntieMistletoeDear For This Useful Post:
lilnoelelf (10-07-2010), RadioJonD (09-25-2010)

Old 09-24-2010, 03:03 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,271 Times in 2,303 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
A Prairie Home Companion (PHC) is a weekly staple on public radio stations across the U.S. approaching forty years now! PHC is a a cross between a TV variety show (remember those?) and Old Time Radio. Each show features musical guests and comedy skits.

Tickets are now available to attend live broadcasts for the 2010 hoilday season. As in previous years, PHC will set up shop at the Town Hall in New York City for a series of Christmas/Holiday shows. All programs from Thanksgiving (U.S.) weekend through the end of the year will be full of Christmas songs and skits!

If you are in the area, attend a show! In addition, find one station of the 775 that airs PHC and make plans to listen! The dates are listed in the second link. PHC airs live on Saturdays on most stations with a Sunday encore show on many.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's Rudolph Day report in the Christmas archived audio thread for more PHC!
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
made582 (09-24-2010)
Old 09-26-2010, 04:19 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Dug up two stations to keep an eye on. No Christmas schedule available yet.

2 radio stations playing the non-stop Christmas music in the Chicago area are 93.9 FM WLIT “The Light” and 105.9 WCKG owned by CBS.

I'll keep an eye on it and see if they post the line-up. I'm guessing it will be the same two-four hours over and over again.

The Following User Says Thank You to AuntieMistletoeDear For This Useful Post:
hilarios (10-01-2010)
Old 10-01-2010, 06:23 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

mac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elf
As it's still early by normal standards, so I listen to Accuradio Holiday channel in the mean time when I'm at a computer.

Cheers!!

ML
The Following User Says Thank You to mac55 For This Useful Post:
hilarios (10-01-2010)
Old 10-02-2010, 10:52 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

2010 St. Olaf Christmas Festival

Minnesota Public Radio will again broadcast The St. Olaf Christmas Festival on December 5, 2010 at 3:30 p.m. Central. The program will be offered as usual to public radio stations across the country.

I think stations may have the option to air the program anytime during the season. Check your station's schedule. If your station doesn't carry the program, Minnesota Public Radio will stream the event live online.

Doesn't Public Television air this annual program as well?

If you live in or will be visiting the Northfield, Minnesota area during the first week in December 2010:

2010 St. Olaf Christmas Festival Dates

Thursday, December 2 7:30 p.m. CST
Friday, December 3 7:30 p.m. CST
Saturday, December 4 7:30 p.m. CST
Sunday, December 5 3:30 p.m. CST

Meanwhile, listen to the 2009 St. Olaf Festival performance here.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:30 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Dmx

What you may hear in the stores while shopping - http://www.dmx.com/holiday

From a company called DMX, Christmas shopping music produced to evoke the nerve that causes you to spend.

Available Genres (with sample listen links):

A Very Jazzy Holiday
Adult Contemporary Holiday Blend
BeTween Holiday Blend
Caribbean Holiday Blend
Classical Holiday
Christmas County Blend
Eclectic Holiday (New for 2010)
Happy Holidays (New for 2010)
Heartland Holiday Blend
Hi-NRG Holiday Blend
Hit Mix Holiday Blend (New for 2010)
Holiday CityScapes
Holiday Favorites
Instrumental Holiday
Jingle Jams
Metro Blend Holiday
Modern Holiday Blend
Recliner Holiday Blend (New for 2010)
Traditional Holiday
Urban Chill
Viva La Navidad
Old 10-11-2010, 06:49 AM

mac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elf
Seems to be pretty quiet here so far this year.

As usual, the usual accuradio/holidays and aol are out there:
http://music.aol.com/radioguide/christmas-music

But so far, a lot of the stations that started in Oct or at least would have some sort of clock countdown are all quiet and it's almost mid Oct!!

What's up with that??

Cheers!!

ML
Old 10-11-2010, 09:15 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Not as many folks have access to post to the thread. View numbers are drastically down from this time last year. We'll be lucky to draw a couple of thousand views by Christmas. I also admit to not being as active in finding content.

And as you said, mac55, no commercial stations have yet to go all Christmas early like in years past. The links in some earlier posts explain a little of that.

As long as we are mentioning internet only stations, MCR is in full swing all year long!

Last edited by RadioJonD; 10-11-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:54 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

When Does Christmas Music Start?

A radio forum with a 2010 thread about Christmas music on broadcast radio.

Keep in mind that most people are not Christmas music friendly like we tend to be here.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:44 AM

I went through quite a few stations from last year that had either started advertising or at least started broadcasting on a secondary internet station and so far, the links no longer work or there is no mention at all yet on the Xmas music front.

Cheers!!

ML

Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
Not as many folks have access to post to the thread. View numbers are drastically down from this time last year. We'll be lucky to draw a couple of thousand views by Christmas. I also admit to not being as active in finding content.

And as you said, mac55, no commercial stations have yet to go all Christmas early like in years past. The links in some earlier posts explain a little of that.

As long as we are mentioning internet only stations, MCR is in full swing all year long!