Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » Twisted Tunes - Bob Rivers

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,099
Threads: 54,028
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,174)
Welcome to our newest member, pe1225

Old 10-01-2010, 02:25 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,253 Times in 2,297 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Twisted Tunes - Bob Rivers

September 30, 2010

Bob Rivers of Pacific Northwest radio host fame is off the air at KZOK (102.5) in Seattle, Washington after ten years. A renewal agreement could not be reached. Prior to KZOK, Rivers pulled eleven years at Seattle’s KISW (99.9). There is no word yet if or where Bob will return to the airwaves.

Christmas music enthusiasts will recognize Bob Rivers for his six albums of Christmas parodies. What Christmas could be complete without “Chipmunks Roasting On an Open Fire”?

Old 10-01-2010, 07:08 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,054 Times in 2,443 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
That's really too bad. Rivers has done lots of brilliant Christmas stuff. I'd have to say that Walkin' Around in Women's Underwear (to the tune of Winter Wonderland) and Who Put the Stump are amongst my favorites.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:38 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,861 Times in 3,878 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
The Chimney Song is just the best EVER!
Old 10-03-2010, 07:17 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 75,534 Times in 15,123 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I love his parodies, and one year I discovered his music and went out and bought all the Christmas CD's. I have been hoping for a new CD for a number of years now, but his website has a bunch of different songs not found on the CD's, and most of them are not for young ears.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,430 Times in 1,571 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
I love his parodies, and one year I discovered his music and went out and bought all the Christmas CD's. I have been hoping for a new CD for a number of years now, but his website has a bunch of different songs not found on the CD's, and most of them are not for young ears.

Trust me each year I check to see if a new cd will get made as well. These parody songs always made me smile and chuckle and I caught his radio show a few times while traveling.
The Following User Says Thank You to XmasDreams For This Useful Post:
xmas365 (10-03-2010)
Old 10-05-2010, 12:37 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Here's a short KING Channel 5 TV news clip about Bod keaving Seattle morning radio after twenty-one years.

Also from KING is this short morning news phone interview with Rivers. His contractual no competition clause will expire for him to return to the local airwaves in April 2011.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:13 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Six months is about up! Bob Rivers will indeed return to the Seattle radio market. Beginning April 1st Bob and company will be back on mornings on Clear Channel's Oldies Station 97.7 KJR.

I don't know if the show will run live (with video) on the web as before, but KJR has an online listen link.
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
xmas365 (03-14-2011)
Old 03-13-2011, 11:16 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,054 Times in 2,443 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Great news. I hope he keeps churning out the Christmas stuff, too.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:05 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
Great news. I hope he keeps churning out the Christmas stuff, too.
Yes! It's (whatever "it" is) a safe bet we'll hear about any new Rivers Christmas projects on his show's FaceBook page.