Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Shopping > Gifting » what do you get for an 80yr old lady?

Gifting Need ideas? Brainstorm here with others about what to give for him or her!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,970
Threads: 53,427
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, chatterswalliam
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Parent-Santa...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:29 PM
45,734 Views  0 Posts
Mistletoe Christmas in America...
By MMC Editor
10-23-2012 03:40 PM
33,983 Views  0 Posts
Gift 4 Re-Gifting: Yes or No?
By MMC Editor
01-25-2013 09:05 AM
Last post by Bradmac
04-14-2013 05:01 PM
43,479 Views  2 Posts
It's a Wonderful Life...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:17 PM
52,059 Views  0 Posts
Mr. Krueger's Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:08 PM
66,139 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

MrsEd has shown a merry dispositionMrsEd has shown a merry dispositionMrsEd has shown a merry dispositionMrsEd has shown a merry disposition
14 16x16 what do you get for an 80yr old lady?

Evening All,
I am really stuck on what to buy my Aunt. Although she is 80 she is very young at heart with a modern sense of style & has everything she needs/wants. Perfume, ornaments & clothing are all out.....last year we got her an electric blanket, I have even made her a hamper filled with everything she loves.....this wasnt received with the joy I thought it would be. Recently she has had problems with her eyes so books are off the list too.
I am really out of ideas so would love to hear some of yours. I am in the UK so some stores I see mentioned in posts haven't made it here , please help!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsEd For This Useful Post:
Mumof2 (10-18-2013), snowflake22 (10-16-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 06:07 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,887 Times in 2,408 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Might I humbly suggest something related to family history. If you know someone who does this work it makes a fantastic gift. Written histories are the best but pictures, pedigree charts, etc are a favorite for many people. Not available in a store and perhaps a lot of work to secure but there is time to put something together that other family members might be able to help with.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
momnan30 (10-19-2013), snowflake22 (10-16-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 11,432 Times in 1,960 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Here's a thought;

One year, I bought a large picture and made a collage of various photo's of my grandparents from the time they got married in 1939 all the way up until my grandmother passed away in 1996. My grandfather just turned 95, and he still loves that gift I made for him....

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
momnan30 (10-19-2013), snowflake22 (10-16-2013)
Old 10-17-2013, 12:30 PM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,598 Times in 550 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
An 80 year old man???

badumpbump...
GingerMel (10-17-2013), momnan30 (10-19-2013), RadioJonD (10-19-2013), xmastidings (10-20-2013)
Old 10-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,466 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
how about gift certificate to her favorite store, hair dresser or place to dine out at?
The Following User Says Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (10-18-2013)
Old 10-18-2013, 07:24 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,148 Times in 815 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
I know you can have picture's made into pillow,blankets,mugs etc.. maybe look into that. or maybe a family day,with you and a few ladies in the family,mani's,pedi's,lunch etc..let us know whatcha got her!

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following User Says Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
momnan30 (10-19-2013)
Old 10-19-2013, 02:37 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 15,932 Times in 3,672 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
that is really hard......I have the same problem with my grandmother....she pretty much has everything....if I ask her, she tells me to save my money and that she is just happy we are around.....of course that is not option

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 10-19-2013, 02:39 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 15,932 Times in 3,672 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
to answer....maybe something homemade...does she have a favorite band or singer?

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 10-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,676 Times in 881 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by JayIsh View Post
An 80 year old man???

badumpbump...
Tee hee!

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.”
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Old 10-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,676 Times in 881 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by Mumof2 View Post
I know you can have picture's made into pillow,blankets,mugs etc.. maybe look into that. or maybe a family day,with you and a few ladies in the family,mani's,pedi's,lunch etc..let us know whatcha got her!
Great ideas...a ladies day would probably be so much fun for her!

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.”
Laura Ingalls Wilder
The Following User Says Thank You to momnan30 For This Useful Post:
Mumof2 (10-20-2013)