Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations > Lights & Decorations » Are More People Decorating With Lights Outdoors This Year?

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,448
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,132)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 2 The Bog Ruby...
By Meceka
08-20-2011 10:33 AM
Last post by ibelieveinchristmas
10-11-2011 10:05 AM
1 Posts
What will I get for...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:55 PM
0 Posts
Fred Claus (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:47 PM
53,463 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: Getting...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:36 PM
43,576 Views  0 Posts
Bells Luke Chapter 2: The...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:53 PM
79,473 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-08-2010, 08:58 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 70,358 Times in 14,005 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
light Are More People Decorating With Lights Outdoors This Year?

Driving at night this year I have noticed there are a lot more lighting displays, and not just small displays of candles in the windows, but full beautiful lighting displays. My wife agreed with me when I brought it up with her tonight. She said "maybe people just really need to feel the Christmas spirit this year."
All I know is that I am loving the lighting this year, and there will probably be more set up over the next 2 weekends.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
I dont know, thats a good question. I think it depends on the area. Seems like less people here have lights this year. Don't know if its because of the economy or not, people want to save money on electric bill. Lots of LED lights this year too. There are still some great houses though!
Old 12-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,350 Times in 5,604 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I can't say if there are more, but I'm sure there were more earlier than ever this year. We agree that maybe people needed to get into the Christmas spirit earlier this year to raise morale.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 12-10-2010, 04:31 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 18,959 Times in 3,064 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
In my subdivision there is alot less this year compared to last year. I kept waiting on the guy next door to put up his lights because last year they looked so good and he never has so far. I'm not sure why the difference this year.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:43 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,863 Times in 1,010 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
More people here are decorating outside their houses

They all look wonderful
Old 12-10-2010, 06:36 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,763 Times in 1,181 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
I don't know about more people decorating, I do know that we have quite a bit more this year than last year. We are getting closer the the Christmas Vacation house.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
The Following User Says Thank You to Snow-in-Texas For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (12-06-2011)
Old 12-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
here in our part of Hockenheim there are less lights than last year. A lot of People have moved away and most of the new People don't celebrate Christmas.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Had enough snow, thanks.
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,754 Times in 1,084 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
There are a lot more lights here in Pasadena MD this year, and also all around the area (Baltimore and Suburbs). They seem to have been put up mostly last weekend.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:28 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,763 Times in 1,181 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Now that I was looking more for it, coming home from work Friday night it did seem there are a lot more decorations this year.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
The Following User Says Thank You to Snow-in-Texas For This Useful Post:
xmas365 (12-12-2010)
Old 12-12-2010, 02:17 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 70,358 Times in 14,005 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
This year around here the decorating is through the roof, I just cannot believe how many houses have gone all out.