Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,085
Threads: 53,911
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, williamjohn

Old 09-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,198 Times in 3,755 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Excellent post Jimmy & oh so true!!! I always like the saying - noboby ever says 'I wish I didn't do that' after finishing a walk, run or any work out! It makes you feel so much better!

So sorry to hear about your dog! I have a 15 1/2 yo "puppy" & I so dread the day... It's so hard. We get so attached to them & they just make you smile! Hang in there!

The Following User Says Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
jimmyolsen (09-15-2011)

Old 09-20-2011, 10:30 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

jimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Short on time today, but I put in a quick two miles...
Old 09-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Still trying to get a jog in every morning! Was raining this morning so I did Four Fast Miles with Leslie Sansone! It's a walk/jog dvd!

Old 09-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,741 Times in 9,571 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by jimmyolsen View Post
C-A-H,

Showing up is half the battle. If you're making it to the gym regularly, you're doing grand! Just keep at it. If you feel good, and your gym time is contributing to that, then you ARE doing something fantastic.
I feel terrible that I missed these 2 post and I see you posted over a week ago! Thanks for the encouragement, I need it!
Originally Posted by jimmyolsen View Post
We've probably addressed this in the past, but since it's top of mind for me today, I'll revisit the topic.

The days you least feel like exercise may be the days you most need it. I'm not talking about physical limitations--you need to be mindful of those and change your routine to meet the needs of your body. Self-maintenance is always your top priority.

I'm talking about mental fitness. We all find ourselves in the doldrums from time to time. A good run or walk or gym session can bring a little sun into a grey day.

Case in point: We had to put our little dog down on Monday. I keep walking into rooms expecting to find him there. I'm momentarily surprised when his food dish isn't in its place. I hear him moving, then realize, no, it's just the house responding to the weather. And when I pass by our bed, I expect to see that little comma of dark fur curled on the covers.

Hard week.

Yesterday I took an hour run, even though my heart wasn't in it. Best thing I could have done. Just as your mind can influence your body, you can use your body to alter your state of mind. I still felt the loss, of course. But I also felt a bit more alert after.

It's grey and wet here now, and I don't usually run back-to-back days. Today I will. I know it'll do me good.

Hope you don't need a mental boost any time soon. But the option is there when you do. Reach for it. It can't cure what ails you, but it may ease the symptoms.

Best,
jimmyo
I am so very sorry about the loss of your dog. What an awful thing to go through. I have 2 dogs of my own and love them dearly and would feel lost without them. I am glad the run helped ease a little pain from you.

This is a great post and you are right!

Old 09-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
You are doing great, Holiday!

Old 09-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

My workouts have still been so-so. Everyone believes there is something physically not going right with me but not sure what it is. I have mentioned over and over about how well I eat, get a good amount of sleep, take supplements, etc. etc. but still don't get that burst of energy from working out like I should.

I know what it feels like to have that burst of energy. I use to get it all the time in the past when I worked out, just not getting it now and haven't been for a long time.

Anyway, I still won't give up!

Old 09-24-2011, 09:42 PM

jimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Absolutely, C-A-H, don't give up.

Sometimes I feel great after a run.

And sometimes I feel like I shouldn't have left my desk. I still haven't figured out the how and why of it.

I did a slow six today, but it was my first run since the two-miler. The weather was lovely, but I was a bit off. Usually running generates nifty writing ideas for me.

Today, I just did a rewind of recent events.

Maybe Monday's run will deliver better results.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimmyolsen For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (11-04-2011)
Old 09-26-2011, 05:14 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Good morning. Another rainy/windy morning in Ohio so I spent some time with Leslie Sansone in our basement again - 4 miles!

Usually when I walk in the morning, it feels great but afterwards I just want to lay down & take a 10 minute nap. Like right now...peepers are getting heavy! I have a friend who won't work out in the morning b/c it makes her so tired. She works out at night & then she's ready for bed. I think everybody is different.

Have a great Monday!

Old 09-26-2011, 02:56 PM

Good job, Holiday.

Sunlight is dodgy here today, but for the most part, it was a sunny run. I put in four as well. It's harvest season, and I had to switch sides of the road for two combines and two grain trucks. Also, there were road-kill corncobs to overstep. Ahhh, the thrill of running a rural route.

jimmyo
Old 10-12-2011, 06:46 AM

Put in four yesterday. Ran two, walked two. Lunch was cereal, and evidently, I don't run so well on that. No gas in the tank.

Anyway, it was sunny and bright and the crops are nearly out of the fields. A combine was taking down the last of the corn. I drove back later and shot a couple photos along my route, but the sun was nearly gone by then. Not sure how they'll turn out.

How's everyone else doing? Check in, all...

Best,
jimmyo