Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Holiday Health, Fitness & Nutrition > Weight Loss » Losing Weight: What Works And What Doesn't !!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,013
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,029)
Welcome to our newest member, sonicboomboy

Old 08-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,970 Times in 3,917 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by MsChristmas View Post
I love some of the 100 calorie packs too! I had found a $1 coupon and that is why I tried the skinny cow.. def look for a coupon or at local grocery stores to see if they are on sale! If they go on sale Im gonna stock up! I also plan on checking BJ's wholesale club to see if I can buy them in bulk.. they will last forever that way and Im sure will be a lot more resonable!
I love the skinny cow ice cream. I have one almost every night. Either an ice cream sandwich, or a cup of their ice cream.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (04-12-2013), MsChristmas (03-27-2012)

Old 09-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Christmas Decoration Expert
Last Achievements

JeanetteDi has shown a merry disposition
My biggest secret is that I keep 100 calorie pudding cups around the house. They're the same cost as any other pudding cups, and I can get them in chocolate so that they satisfy my sweet tooth. Whenever I'm craving candy after a meal, I just turn to a pudding cup instead.
The Following User Says Thank You to JeanetteDi For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (04-12-2013)
Old 09-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
In my opinion weight loss is definitely not a one size fits all kind of a thing. For me years of calorie counting, fat reduction and just generally following all the advice the experts give didn't work. I logged everything, I exercised everyday - in order to achieve weight loss I had to keep my calories at 700 - 900 a day. I was starving all the time!

In May, after tons of research, I decided to give low carb a try. Since May 27 I've lost 45 pounds and my calorie intake is a sensible 1700 - 2000 a day so I'm not starving and cranky all the time. I know it's not for everyone but for me it's worked well.
HomemakinGirl (04-12-2013), sugar142286 (04-19-2012), threads324 (10-19-2011)
Old 03-18-2012, 08:48 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 12,459 Times in 1,595 Posts
merrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemen
i'm trying the low carb diet. we do include whole grain things though. i think that's what they call complex carbs, right? we are trying not to eat any carbs after 3pm unless it's fruits & vegetables. the exercise is coming along slowly. the weight scales we have are a bit off but i think i've lost about 7-9 pounds. tomorrow will be the 2 week mark. we did give ourselves a "cheat day" yesterday & i'm not too happy w/ myself. subway & KFC. my overall weight loss goal is 60 pounds but we'll see how it goes. i do feel much better daily. you'd think that would make it obvious & a no brainer as to what to eat & do but noooo....
can someone let me know if i have the complex carb thing right though?
Old 04-04-2012, 05:08 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 12,459 Times in 1,595 Posts
merrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemen
well, the 7-9 pounds i thought i had lost turned out to be 5.3 pounds, now 2 weeks after that i went to weigh in (@ my doc's office) & all total, thus far, i've lost 9.2 pounds. woop woop!!

now if only i would start exercising. i count gardening as exercise too though. i know my weight loss would be much better if i would get up & move but i'm so tired & achy @ the end of the day!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:03 PM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 86,155 Times in 15,251 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by merrymistletoe View Post
well, the 7-9 pounds i thought i had lost turned out to be 5.3 pounds, now 2 weeks after that i went to weigh in (@ my doc's office) & all total, thus far, i've lost 9.2 pounds. woop woop!!

now if only i would start exercising. i count gardening as exercise too though. i know my weight loss would be much better if i would get up & move but i'm so tired & achy @ the end of the day!
You will get there! Congrats on the weight you have lost thus far, MerryM! That's awesome!

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
The Following User Says Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 01:05 PM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 86,155 Times in 15,251 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by JeanetteDi View Post
My biggest secret is that I keep 100 calorie pudding cups around the house. They're the same cost as any other pudding cups, and I can get them in chocolate so that they satisfy my sweet tooth. Whenever I'm craving candy after a meal, I just turn to a pudding cup instead.
I do a lot of the 100 calorie stuff and just before I buy it, I just look at the content, to make sure there's not something in it like high fat, carbs, sugar, etc. It has really been helping me with my weight loss.

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
The Following User Says Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post: