Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Holiday Health, Fitness & Nutrition Whether you're living healthy already or just want to watch the waistline during the holidays this is the place to talk holiday health, fitness & nutrition.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,099
Threads: 54,027
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,174)
Welcome to our newest member, pe1225

Old 12-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 53,159 Times in 9,648 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star New Year - New You!

It's that time of year again to make your New Years Resolutions to a healthier New You!

What are your plans for the New Year?
Exercise?
Plan to eat healthier foods?
Losing weight?

Take a look at the Holiday Health, Fitness & Nutrition section for tips on getting started.

Be sure to let us know what your resolution is. We can all support one another in our journey for a healthy New Year!

Old 01-01-2012, 07:47 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have been exercising already through the year but at times I just don't get much in and want to keep a solid routine going.

I had ran a 3k early in 2011 then kind of backed off of running due to some health issues. I want to start training again. 3k might not be much to some but for me it was a great accomplishment!

I also want to get back into yoga. It's been awhile since I have done that and it was great!

I already eat healthy and in no need to lose weight so all is good there.

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
merrymistletoe (01-03-2012)
Old 01-02-2012, 05:27 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Ring in the New You!

I've been at it for well over four years. I had some health struggles last year that prevented me from participating in several weight exercises to increase muscles, but I still managed to get my cardio routines in 4-6 times a week so it wasn't all bad. I'm hoping to get back on the weights this year and reduce my inches down another size in clothing by the summer which is a realistic goal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AuntieMistletoeDear For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (01-02-2012), merrymistletoe (01-03-2012)
Old 01-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 12,459 Times in 1,595 Posts
merrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemen
the best i've ever done was one called 50 million pound challenge. it was totally free & online you could keep a journal, print out the daily menu for a month, & a grocery list. all you had to do was to figure how much to buy of the items listed, ya' know like if more than 1 person in the house was on it. we tried to walk every day & if we didn't we would do some kind of activity for atleast 30 minutes & it counted as our exercise for the day. i lost 35 pounds from march to july. then fell off the wagon. wasn't too hard. lots, lots, & lots of veggies, lean meat, & whole grain pasta & bread & brown rice. no sugars or minimal amount. think i'm gonna try it again but need to keep in mind it's a lifestyle change not a diet!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 24,016 Times in 3,927 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have kicked it back into gear after the holidays too! I lost 35 lbs on Weight watchers in 2009 & towards the end of 2011/holidays I managed to gain 9 lbs back. Wellll, it's time to get rid of them!!! I can't believe I let that happen! We are going on a cruise in March & that is great motivation. I recently started doing Yoga. I have never done it before. I bought a dvd - Gwen Lawrence who combines Yoga & strength training...it might be b/c I'm new at it, but it's a work out!!! I would highly reccomend the dvd called Fit Body Yoga. My sister/sil are coming over tomorrow night & we are thinking about having Yoga night 1 night per week. I am still walking 4+ miles every morning with my girlsfriends. I also dug the stairmaster out again last week. Feels so good to get on there again. Over the weekend I pulled out my Biggest Loser Power Walk dvd...I forgot how good of a workout that is. I'm going to keep plugging along with hopes to get rid of these 9 lbs & if I can get rid of a few more that would be great too as I'm pretty sure I will be gaining at least a few on the cruise. EEK!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (01-16-2012)
Old 01-16-2012, 07:08 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
I have kicked it back into gear after the holidays too! I lost 35 lbs on Weight watchers in 2009 & towards the end of 2011/holidays I managed to gain 9 lbs back. Wellll, it's time to get rid of them!!! I can't believe I let that happen! We are going on a cruise in March & that is great motivation. I recently started doing Yoga. I have never done it before. I bought a dvd - Gwen Lawrence who combines Yoga & strength training...it might be b/c I'm new at it, but it's a work out!!! I would highly reccomend the dvd called Fit Body Yoga. My sister/sil are coming over tomorrow night & we are thinking about having Yoga night 1 night per week. I am still walking 4+ miles every morning with my girlsfriends. I also dug the stairmaster out again last week. Feels so good to get on there again. Over the weekend I pulled out my Biggest Loser Power Walk dvd...I forgot how good of a workout that is. I'm going to keep plugging along with hopes to get rid of these 9 lbs & if I can get rid of a few more that would be great too as I'm pretty sure I will be gaining at least a few on the cruise. EEK!!!
I LOVE yoga!!! If you have On Demand on your cable they also have yoga instructional videos. I follow those and some on youtube. Sometimes I just do my own thing.

You might be surprised but I actually lost weight on my cruise and NOT TRYING! (my doc says I need to gain some). Both times I went on one I lost weight. You just stay so busy and yes you eat a lot but there is so much running around you burn it off. The first cruise I went on I hit the gym daily but I didn't on the last one and lost weight on both of them. (just a few pounds).

So you should be fine. With all the running around on the ship you might lose weight no matter how much you eat.