Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,133
Threads: 54,250
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, sunni44

Old 11-18-2011, 12:13 AM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
The camera doesn't lie

I've been shooting and editing for my video about putting up my Christmas display.

Wow! I knew I was way overweight, but the camera pointed out just how bad it really is.

I think I better hang out here more often. But, I think it's what it took to get serious about this. I have gone back to my watching calories and walking.

So any of you that see my video, hold me accountable. I've set a goal to lose 25 pounds by April, which is my next doctor's appointment for post cancer checkup. I had set a goal for the total weight loss of 60 pounds but I found that the whole goal was too much of a mountain to climb. I think it's more acheivable to set bite size goals toward achieving the long term goal.

I already lost 3 of the 25 the first week. I know that will slow down but at least I'm heading in the right direction. No diets! Lifestyle change!
Annette1990 (11-18-2011), Bradmac (11-20-2011), caninemom3 (12-02-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (11-18-2011), Courtney (11-18-2011), frostyman (11-18-2011), gabulldawg (11-18-2011), GingerMel (11-18-2011), Holiday (11-25-2011), lauriebear (11-18-2011), Mumof2 (11-25-2011), yolie8174 (11-28-2011)

Old 11-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,188 Times in 365 Posts
frostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I'm seriously considering weight watchers myself
Old 11-18-2011, 08:55 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 19,016 Times in 3,073 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
If I keep this up I will need weight watchers myself frosty! At first when I came home from deployment in early oct,I needed to gain 20 so I ate and ate and ate! now I have got back to my normal weight and it's smack dab in the thick of the holidays!
@storytime---good luck on your journey!! you can do it! there will be good times and bad but if you make up your mind you WILL accomplish this!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:57 AM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 707 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Watching your diet during Holidaytime is a pain in the rear because of all of the temptation. But, when you are making a lifestyle change you learn how to eat properly and adjust your attitude towards all the sweet and savory goodies. Making goals of 5 or 10 lbs at a time is a good idea, and it helps to keep you focused. When you lose 5lbs it's great incentive and it just makes you want to keep going to get to that next goal.

It's a tough road, but not impossible. Just remember that 1 slice of pie is just as good as 2.

You can do it!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

Gingerbread Latte has shown a merry dispositionGingerbread Latte has shown a merry dispositionGingerbread Latte has shown a merry disposition
candle

It's great that you're doing something good for yourself like this, and 25 lbs. by April is very doable! Getting started is the hardest part, which you've already done, so hang in there!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gingerbread Latte For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (12-02-2011), Storeytime (11-18-2011)
Old 11-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 54,095 Times in 9,796 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
You can do it! As Courtney mentioned, lifestyle change in eating habits is the best way to go. I have never had to lose weight but I made a lifestyle change in my eating habits to feel better so that in itself will help in recovering from cancer. Then along with that you should lose weight. =)

Good luck to you!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
MerryNoel (07-11-2012), Storeytime (11-18-2011)
Old 11-25-2011, 05:41 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,155 Times in 819 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
No it does not lie,Ive been shocked by a picture in the past. Since I moved down here I joined a new gym,walk to get my kids at the bus stop and drink more water.Ive lost 12 pounds and feel so much better,I need to lose more but,its a really great start.
Good Luck!

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 11-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 24,915 Times in 4,084 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good luck storey! You can do it! It was a certain pic of myself that made me decide to join WW back in '09! Those darn camera's...ha ha!! You are so right - lifestyle change!! Forever! (eek!)

Old 11-28-2011, 06:17 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
I will join you in a few weeks after the baby arrives GOOD LUCK! YOU CAN DO IT!!

♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JanaBanana For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (12-02-2011), MerryNoel (07-11-2012)