Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » 2011 Christmas/Holiday Radio Programming & Schedules

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,916
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso

Old 10-09-2011, 06:39 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,249 Times in 2,294 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Thanks for the info. That's the station I listen to. I was wondering what was going to happen since they switched channels since last year.
I noticed the format change when I was clicking old links. You tipped us to this station in 2009, Julie!

From November 14, 2009:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
wlqt dayton, ohio Lite 99.9 FM "Dayton's CHRISTMAS Music Station" is now playing Christmas music! It must have started today since it wasn't like that last night when I was listening to it. =)
That's two years in a row around the same time. Let us know about this year Julie.

Last edited by RadioJonD; 10-09-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:17 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Yuletide Junkie View Post
Add WLTE Minneapolis/St. Paul to the list of stations that get an annual boost from Christmas music. The anticipation for "The Twin Cities Official Christmas Music Station" to hit the air is huge after November 1st.
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
WLTE, 102.9 Lite FM made the big list in 2010 on November 11th...
I just found this. Was that you asking the question, Yuletide Junkie?
Old 10-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,187 Times in 365 Posts
frostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I always enjoy listening to the different radio stations playing Christmas music, it's good to know that many still do!
The Following User Says Thank You to frostyman For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (10-13-2011)
Old 10-14-2011, 06:22 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

mac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elf
Accuradio have updated their online holiday page:

http://www.accuradio.com/more/accuholidays/

It's a start....LoL!

Cheers!!

ML
Old 10-14-2011, 11:09 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

KFKF Update:

According to Radio-Info KFKF will make the switch at midnight (Central?), November 25, 2011 (Black Friday) and revert back to the Country format midnight, December 26.

KFKF Program Director Dale Carter says "KFKF’s three core principles are God, family and country. Nothing says that like traditional Christmas music."
KFKF, Country 94.1, in Kansas City, Missouri is staking a claim to Christmas in 2011!

KFKF is promoting the December 18 visit of the Trans Siberian Orchestra’s Winter Tour with a rotating banner at the top of their webpage. That's where you will notice the logo "“K.C.’s ALL NEW Christmas Station” complete with a Santa hat. No date is given for the switch.

Assuming KFKF stays true to format, the Yule tunes will be Country. Traditionally there are fewer radio stations that go all Christmas with a Country format than do other formats.

Two Kansas City stations, KCKC (sister station to KFKF) & KUDL, switched to all Christmas (not Country) in November 2010. Both have changed formats since.

Source
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
Rob (10-14-2011), Storeytime (10-16-2011)
Old 10-14-2011, 12:57 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

WBEB 101.1 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Once again B-101, WBEB 101.1, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has a poll (for the gullible who believe) about when to start and what songs to play for Christmas. Yes, you choose the tunes from their very limited list that they will be playing regardless.

Start date choices are:

Right Now
November 1st
November 15th
Thanksgiving Day
December 1st

Now, what do you really think B-101 would do if one million people voted "Right Now" in the next twenty-four hours? Has anyone ever even seen the poll results posted on the webpage?

From the webpage:

B101 is Philadelphia’s Christmas Music Station. Please tell us what songs we should (and shouldn’t) play this holiday season. Listeners choose every song we play on B101.
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
Rob (10-14-2011)
Old 10-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,242 Times in 495 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Ok well, I voted (right now, of course). Good grief, the number of songs they make you decide from is a lot. After like 30 I stopped doing it.
RadioJonD (10-14-2011)
Old 10-14-2011, 01:27 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by GingerMel View Post
Ok well, I voted (right now, of course). Good grief, the number of songs they make you decide from is a lot. After like 30 I stopped doing it.
Don't worry, B-101 bookmarked your place so you could resume where you left off! I might get brave enough to pick to the end to see how many actual songs are included.
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
Rob (10-14-2011)
Old 10-14-2011, 02:01 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

St. Olaf College Christmas Festival - Public Radio Stations US

St. Olaf College Christmas Festival returns for 2011.

The annual festival will air over public radio stations across the U.S. and beyond. It will also be carried live on TV & at select movie theaters!

For local dates and times, consult your local/favorite public radio holiday schedule and follow links at the linked webpage. Don't forget to share your findings and listen links with us here! Listen to the 2010 festival here.

From the webpage:

Broadcast Information

Live Christmas Festival Simulcast

On Sunday, December 4, beginning at 3 p.m. — live from Skoglund Center Auditorium (preceded by a special 30-minute introduction) — the St. Olaf Christmas Festival will be simulcast to movie theaters across the country. For additional information visit www.stolaf.edu/simulcast.

Radio

Minnesota Public Radio (MPR) will present a live broadcast of the 2011 St. Olaf Christmas Festival on Sunday, December 4 at 3:00 p.m. The broadcast can be heard on most regional classical music stations, including 99.5 KSJN in the Twin Cities.

You can also hear an encore broadcast of the concert later in the month of December. Check this site for further information on this rebroadcast when it becomes available.

National broadcasts of the 2011 St. Olaf Christmas Festival are distributed by America Public Media. If you are outside of the MPR listening area, please check local radio listings to see if it will be carried in your region.

Last edited by RadioJonD; 10-14-2011 at 02:15 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
frostyman (10-18-2011), Storeytime (10-16-2011)
Old 10-15-2011, 04:36 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

mac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elf
I remember this from last year too.

Just went through the whole poll again...lol!

ML

Once again B-101, WBEB 101.1, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has a poll (for the gullible who believe) about when to start and what songs to play for Christmas. Yes, you choose the tunes from their very limited list that they will be playing regardless.

Start date choices are:

Right Now
November 1st
November 15th
Thanksgiving Day
December 1st

Now, what do you really think B-101 would do if one million people voted "Right Now" in the next twenty-four hours? Has anyone ever even seen the poll results posted on the webpage?

From the webpage:

B101 is Philadelphia’s Christmas Music Station. Please tell us what songs we should (and shouldn’t) play this holiday season. Listeners choose every song we play on B101.