Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,085
Threads: 53,910
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, williamjohn

Old 06-30-2011, 07:39 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,719 Times in 9,565 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Forcing Yourself to Exercise

Do you ever have those days that you just don't want to exercise?

I am having one of those days but I will be heading to the gym shortly and making myself workout! I am just so tired but it will do me good. Thanks to my mom I will be going since we joined the gym together and I hate to also see good money go to waste.

Don't procrastinate. Just do it!

What do you do to motivate yourself?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (12-30-2012), GingerMel (10-29-2012), kcmsom76 (12-17-2011)

Old 06-30-2011, 08:46 AM
kerstig

I have those days all the time!
Usually I ask my boyfriend to try and help me stay motivated so we sport together, or I think about that one time I would like to have children, and in order to be a great mom, I think I should remain healthy to give a great example and to have enough energy to enjoy with them!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (06-30-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (06-30-2011)
Old 06-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
o I am a really lazy one.. But I have to go to loos weight.
When I went last time to my Cardiology Doctor for making a Electrocardiography
( High Blood pressure and mild arrhythmia) there was a mirror in front of the
Exercise ECG Bicycle.
And THIS mirror Picture is my motivation.
Every time when I want to give up I must think about myself in this Mirror..
caninemom3 (06-30-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (06-30-2011), Christmasstar (12-30-2012), Holiday (07-20-2011), trackrebel (12-30-2012)
Old 06-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I am now glad I went today. I feel a whole lot better!

It does help when others can encourage you to go. It helps that my grandkids are here because they love going. They ask everyday to go and hang out in the daycare to play with their friends they have met there.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (06-30-2011), Christmasstar (12-30-2012), Holiday (07-20-2011)
Old 06-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,817 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
I have had one of these months! I started working out consistently
around December and was doing it on a good schdule 3 - 4 times a week up until I went on vacation in May... got back from vacation in the middle of May... kids were sick, then I got sick... then we all got sick again.. twice... needless to say I cannot get back on track. I have been having trouble getting my little monster Dylan ( almost 2 years old ) in bed any earlier then 10 pm.. so Im too tired in the morning to get up any earlier then I have to. I dont like to take time away from my Boys so I was getting up at 4:30 am to work out but havent been able to because I have been too tired...ugh! Im going to try to start again this weekend! Wish me luck.. Im gonna need it!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,817 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I am now glad I went today. I feel a whole lot better!

It does help when others can encourage you to go. It helps that my grandkids are here because they love going. They ask everyday to go and hang out in the daycare to play with their friends they have met there.
Good for you for making yourself go
Old 06-30-2011, 01:22 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,797 Times in 3,800 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have to take a certain medication....that unfortunately makes you gain weight....and...it makes U tired...I want to work out...but often enough cant get myself up to really do it....I really need to start it again

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (06-30-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (06-30-2011), Christmasstar (12-30-2012)
Old 06-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

emski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elf
You just motivated me to pop in an exercise dvd and workout with the kids!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emski4379 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (06-30-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (06-30-2011), Christmasstar (12-30-2012)
Old 06-30-2011, 03:03 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
I have to take a certain medication....that unfortunately makes you gain weight....and...it makes U tired...I want to work out...but often enough cant get myself up to really do it....I really need to start it again
I'm sorry. I hate medication like that. I hope you are able to start working out again.
Originally Posted by emski4379 View Post
You just motivated me to pop in an exercise dvd and workout with the kids!
That's what I want to hear!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (12-30-2012)
Old 07-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

jimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I seem to go in cycles. I'll have weeks where I get out five times--followed by a stretch where I get out maybe once. It's usually related to work load and weather. If the temps are mild, I have a larger window where I can put in road time. Right now, I can run early, or just before dark. Neither are ideal.

June saw me traveling and putting in long days at the PC, so I didn't get out as much as I'd hoped. More travel this month, but then things should cool off a bit--in terms of work, anyway, and I'll see more sky.

So yup, I cycle up and down. But I think that's part of it. As long as we keep lacing up the shoes and putting in the time as best we can, we're building a healthy habit, and cultivating an appetite for exercise--and success.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimmyolsen For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (07-04-2011), Christmasstar (12-30-2012), lauriebear (07-19-2011)