Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,131
Threads: 54,242
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,523)
Welcome to our newest member, SShoebrid

Old 08-17-2014, 05:46 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Lost 20 LBS. by going Vegan

I have been Vegan for about 2 1/2 months. I have lost about 20 lbs. I thought it was going to be hard. It has not. Are their any other Vegans on here?

Old 08-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 54,023 Times in 9,784 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I did vegan for a very short time then went vegetarian for 3 1/2 years. With having multiple food allergies and giving up meat there wasn't too many options of food left to eat, so now I have added meat back. I should go back to being a vegetarian because I had zero stomach issues while being one! Now that I am eating meat again the issues are back. I love food - food hates me! I can't win!

Vegan is a healthy way to go if you do it right. Sounds like you are on track. Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (08-18-2014)
Old 08-17-2014, 10:52 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,101 Times in 2,454 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
My daughter went vegan for a time. She lost quite a bit of weight too and has kept it off. She's mostly vegetarian anymore. The vegan thing I think appealed to her but was tough to sustain. You've got to be very dedicated and that's hard when you're busy.

Congrats on the weight loss! I bet you feel great too. For me, that's always the best upside. My weight isn't as much an issue to me as it was when I was younger. But feeling good is important.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (08-18-2014), trackrebel (Today)
Old 08-18-2014, 04:27 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,123 Times in 13,434 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Billy Battles View Post
I have been Vegan for about 2 1/2 months. I have lost about 20 lbs. I thought it was going to be hard. It has not. Are their any other Vegans on here?
you are doing great!
Old 08-18-2014, 05:36 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 707 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Great job! It can be hard to give up a lot of things you enjoy, but it can really be worth it. - I, personally, couldn't do vegan, as it takes too much willpower.

I'm not a vegan, as I identify more as a Pollotarian/Flexitarian. I don't eat red meat, most fish, pork, or drink cows milk, but I do eat eggs, cheese, almond milk, poultry, plenty of veggies/fruit etc. By this change in my diet, I lost a significant amount of weight as well.

Keep up the good work!!
Old Today, 01:11 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,944 Times in 3,825 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
congrats on the weight loss.....I couldnīt go vegan....I just love eating dairy products and unfortunately meat as well (which is annoying me since I hate how the animals are treated....unless they live on a beautiful farm and live a great life until their death)....but I applaud You for trying it....and staying dedicated about it!!!

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (Today)